1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to play? This game is not for beginners?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wobee Doo, 28 May 2018.

1. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

I started playing 4 days ago. Playing in battles and exploring the talents of captains I've reached level 10. Once I reached this level, the game automatically assigned me 800 infamy (before the infamy was "-"). From now on, I can't do anything in combat. I just die, and depending on luck, either the fight is won or lost. I'm usually killed with one shot. Here are screenshots of command selection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 28 May 2018
  2. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Oh my God! It's worse than I thought.:confused:

downloadfile-8.gif

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

This makes me sad but yes I have seen many new players show that they are being teamed up with mk5s, supposedly those players are just so lacking in skill that they are only as good as a mk2

5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I regret to inform you that this is the way the game is currently, you'll have to grind your way up to a decent level to be able to compete fairly. Praying that some sort of fix will come soon. Just hang in there, I promise you the game gets a lot more fun and intense as you get stronger!

6. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

The game gave you 800 infamy?

EyesTv likes this.
  7. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

Yes that's right

EyesTv likes this.
  8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Getting the event perks and finishing achievements, by playing a lot, will quickly get you up to a good fighting level. We did not have these things when I started :(

EyesTv, Shadow Moon! and PastelPiku like this.
  9. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    Wtf ! :0 mk6 with 4 infa. XD

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  10. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

Why can't new players start with 0 infamy? Why 800?
    It looks like someone's joke.

11. PastelPiku

Security
    For now take advantage of the fact that all of your gear is underleveled and try some items out. You're eventually going to want to start focusing on just a few items to make efficient use of your resources, and once you get to maybe around t3 rare items, it'll be hard to try new items out without them being objectively inferior just by power alone.

In terms of play, if they're going to kill you in 1 or 2 shots, focus your strategies on taking cover and attacking from a safe position. Even when you die in about 8 hits you can get melted very quickly by the enemy team if you aren't careful. The extreme situation you're going into currently against OP enemies should prime your instinctive feeling of "I need to not get hit by anything". I've started over with a second account before to see how big a difference skill can make and I've been top damager with a mk2 against mk4s and mk5s before, so it's definitely possible to survive and deal damage, but it's not something I'd expect anyone with less than 3 months of experience to be able to do.
    That's a good question lol.

Overall just pray the devs show you and other newcomers some mercy and figure something out for you guys, maybe bot games or something. Differences in strength will always be a thing when skill is a primary variable for matchmaking, but it's definitely out of hand in the low levels.

EyesTv likes this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Are the new players on a bubble now? Do they only play each other until they get to 800 infamy points?

13. Rainbow Warrior

Losing on purpose is a nonsensical BS :mad::mad::mad: use the new game mode to improve your gear instead of cheating

14. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

They are "protected" to level 10 of the captain. Immediately after that, "protection" falls, and the player is assigned 800 infamy

15. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

looks like dev donno what they are doing, keep losing new player base like that. and dev donno what is going on under 1300 infamy. i sugest dev team go start a new account and play it, see if they willing to continue play that account or quit.

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

17. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. PastelPiku

Security
    Yo, this could be avoided if leveling up one ship leveled them all up together. I think someone has suggested this before, with this new event mode I think it's time we implement it. As fair as this is in terms of power, it's a super easy way for high level players to win easily.

EyesTv and ErnestEgret like this.
  19. Rainbow Warrior

I agree that 0 would be better. But I'm happy they protected them until level 10, hope they improve it to make it even fairer :D

EyesTv and PastelPiku like this.
  20. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Same thing happened when i was playing the event matches....nightmare player killed me quite few times..not the same player tho...

EyesTv and PastelPiku like this.