1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

New patch update not on my app store even after refreshing and restarting phone. I’m on the newest iOS patch on iPhone 7.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I'm not a stun user, but this seems grossly unfair to them. This would be more fair if the repair bolt removes stun and stun heal block BUT does not heal at the same time. Technically heal block is active when the bolt hits, healing should be negated.
    The next repair bolt would heal.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Massive change i agree, although I like how it works now.

The argument that Feelix talent only states it removes stun so therefore shouldn't heal isnt really a valid argument.

Flare gun states it reduces heals, it also still damages even though the burnice talent doesnt mention it will still damage.

The feelix talent removes stun, therefore the stun affects shouldn't still apply.

If a player is stunned, he cannot be healed until the point the stun ends or a repair bolt comes along to remove said stun.
    As the bolt hits stun is removed and the user can therefore receive heals again.

4. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

It’s only easy to hit close up, and a 2k hit is pretty rare.

5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Missing the old method to being able to stop a shot from firing.

Developers. Can we add an option to disable the X stop a shot feature?

Put in optional control secrion. Shot stop X. When enabled its now current style. When disabled. Its old screen style how to stop firing at a target.

Current system is hard to use. Have played over 20 battles today and still not successfully using this feature.

So prefer having option to Disable X

Thanks

Jaws

@Zeus @Miika

Disguised, Anvs and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  6. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Thank you for fixing the fixer, my repair bolts will never do as low as 300 again! The flare debuff stacking was unreal.

I can't say I'm all that chuffed with the 'fixing' of healing not counting towards damage anymore. I get that really it shouldn't the same that DPS doesn't count towards our healing quests, but what contribution can we make now when we get rivalry boards without any healing? Last rivalry our guild didn't get the healing quest until board 4.

That should be reinstated and then allow damage to contribute towards the healing quests and modify the healing to reflect it. That'll help bring the healing quests more in line and relieve this killer change.

I suspect we'll see an increase in selfish fixers because of that. I know I'll have to if I'm going to be of value now to my guild mates.

Mon4 Lot and Boeggla like this.
  7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I cancelled a shot or two by the old method... I can be mistaken lol

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  8. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I’ve played multiple games since update, I’m still able to cancel a shot by pressing anywhere on screen with a second finger.

I just minimized the cancel as much as it let me, and tucked it into a corner out of my way.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2018
  9. WickEdDuck

WickEdDuck New Member

Did someone say gear score is a step towards proper matchmaking? Yeah right, today I came again in teams with all mk5 ships. Just like before the update yesterday. I am the only one with a mk1 and hear everybody laughing, when they see me with my cannons of 180 and 145.

And you expect the folks in mk5 to be good players, at least that is what I expected. Nope! These were the worse battle I have seen of the 60 or 70 I played. Some of these folks have played 5000.

Please why do Rovio place me in teams with these kind of ships? At least place me in team which can play and not sail without shouting or missing an oil tanker if it would have been right in front of them.

10. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

I just played a few times and here are my notes:
    1. New splash screen did worse - was beautiful.
    2. The lobby (main Bay :3) did worse - there was a cool top view with a bunch of boats and a General view of the Bay, now dull and lonely your ship in full screen.
    3. Appeared terrible green glow on the weapon and the ship, why thay added it I do not understand at all.
    4. Cancel-shot area is a good thing. I mainly aim and shoot very quickly, so cancel-shot area does not interfere, but when I need it it helps to cancel.
    5. Center joystick to touch - until understand, there are pros and cons.
    6. A window with a choice to go to the next fight without going to the Bay - good (but we've already tried)
    7. Pop-up window with the results of the battle that was not finished - it seems good, but no use. Appeared and okay.
    8. NO! A horrible thing added - Gear Score - meaning even less than paragraph 7... Now there will be another criterion for the recruitment in the clan, and the overall numbers showing the coolness of your kit. Apparently the kids are too difficult to assess the coolness of the ship looking only at installed things (their rarity and upgrade levels), and perks in them, and they introduced this Gear Score for them.

wreck your day likes this.
  11. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders need to be buffed big time. We can’t do sh*t in both damage because of buffed fixers and tanking with all the shooters spamming. Slow piece of junk metal can’t move fast enough and can’t even dodge cuz our hit box is doubled even one else’s. No one even wants to help because our hit boxes are so big that it splashes damage on teammates.

How are they going buff up defenders now that Enfos and Fixers got their’s?

12. Tycool

Tycool New Member

What time is the update

13. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Confirmed old method of cancelling a shot (pressing anywhere on the screen) still works. Make the new "X" as small as possible and hide it in a corner like me!

Stelmo and *JAWS* like this.
  14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

But It prevents players going to the battle with the low level boats they were using on custom battles ;)

15. OMTonyG

OMTonyG New Member

Healing counting towards damage quests is the only way to allow fixers to contribute as much as other ships to weapon quests. There are already only 2 fixer quests and the protector one is remarkably easy compared to all other quests. At the very least fixers should receive some percentage of healing towards weapon quests to remain competitive.

Ive just had 8 wins and only got 50k contributed to a weapon quest. If heals had counted contribution would have been close to 200k.

16. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

So you do not think a mark 6 boat should win in a 1v1 with a mark 5 boat? And that's even before discussing ship roles. If a speeder could not 1v1 a fixer then the entire class would have no point. 1v1 is the natural home of a speeder and any sort of combat is not the natural role of a fixer. So you've set up a situation that is perfectly optimal for the speeder and you still think he should lose?

Take heart, us speeders have our natural enemies and bad situations too. You think a 1v1 with a speeder is certain death? Yeah, that's what I think about an enforcer.

By the way, I'm a fan of the first bolt nerf. I never whined about it. I'm less sure of this one. With bolt on a 22 second time I'm not sure it needed this extra hit.

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. Snapshot

I don't play a healer but I thought this change was odd. I could understand if healing was dominating other types of performance but the right answer there would be just to tone it down a bit. With this they have effectively said, "Fixers cannot participate in guild quests." Why?

As your potential team mate I can guarantee that I'd prefer you be focused on your healing bolts more than your guns because you want to finish some quest. So I suspect this change has harmed me too even though I don't play a fixer.

18. OMTonyG

OMTonyG New Member

I agree completely.

Boeggla likes this.
  19. Snapshot

sometimes some of Rovio's decisions remind me of talking to a political ideologue. You can see how they all make sense within the mental framework. But what I wish Rovio would do more carefully is consider what incentives and punishments they are putting in place. I could be wrong but if I was a fixer I'd be looking at selfish-fixer all the way with this change... at least if I cared about guild quests. They have now strongly penalized fixers for... well... fixing.

kat Boylan and Weeze like this.
  20. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    OMG I LOVE THIS UPDATE