1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair Bolt + Stun Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Weeze, 19 Feb 2018.

1. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Per the patch 2.8 notes:
    • Fixed Tesla Bolt heal blocking talent to actually block all incoming healing.
    Cool, that was a bug that needed to be fixed. Since this was a just a bug fix and not an ability redesign I figured a repair both with felix level 25 talent to remove stun, would continue to BOTH remove the stun and heal the target, as it did pre-patch 2.8. In fact, @Kitterini asked this in the patch notes thread just wanting to confirm that was the case.

[Inserting image isn't cooperating but The Grim Repair confirms it should heal on page 4, post #77 of the 2.8 announcement thread]
    [​IMG]

Confirmation it should heal, great. However, the heal has not worked correctly since patch 2.8 was released. 4 clips to prove:

No follow through heal from the repair bolt in any of the clips.

In the 2nd video you can see I pulse OaTo about the same time the stun lands, which is properly blocked by the stun, but once the stun is cleared, the pulse heal does not resume (you can still see the hearts ticking yet no +health). It's as if the heal block is still active even after the stun being removed. See 4th clip below of two repair bolts which basically confirms this.

Two repair bolts. First bolt removes the stun, no healing (though it should). Second bolt literally does nothing. Again, it's like the heal block is still being treated as active. This can't be working as intended.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
    PastelPiku, Hokuse, _devill and 4 others like this.
  2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yep, needs fixing! (no pun intended ;) ) Please don't wait for the next update to fix small things like this.

Maybe in customs you were just testing with a tesla bolt that didn't have the heal block talent unlocked?

PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Yea that is probably true. I didn't confirm with the first people I dragged in to test that they had that talent (2 different people). My bad. Removed that part of the original post. Retested in custom with someone who for sure had that talent and it behaved the same.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I wrote to @The Grim Repair to report the same issue, she promised to return with more info once they’ve looked into the issue.

5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

i faced it too...while healing, but i don't use recorder to record...so unable to give proof....mostly i am defender so ignored.

6. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Yes, we are looking into it still!

Hokuse and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

Is this still being looked at? It’s so frustrating to waste heals.

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Isn't repair bolt classified as incoming healing so the repair bolt should not do both healing and removal of stun.
    The repair bolt talent doesn't specify that it will remove stun and heal too whereas Tesla bolt talent specifies that it should block all forms of healing till active.
    So according to the text of talents and patch notes first repair bolt should only remove stun and only second repair bolt should heal.
    Repair bolt is most popular item of healing on the bay and giving it too much value will undermine it's one slot status pls do look into that before giving repair bolt both healing and stun removing capabilities in one shot.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2018
    PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  9. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

As of now, when stun is removed the heal block stays even though the stun is gone. And the heal block stays for the duration of the original stun. That is a bug that cannot be justified by any arguement.

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Man read the context of my answer before answering it would do you some good.

11. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

The comment i replied to was irrelevant if you cannot understand that this is a bug even after i explained the context to you.

12. Crashedup

Man I didn't comment on the bug don't make an issue out if something you just widely assume see my answer it's qouted that second bolt should heal it means that I want this bug fixed too.

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The official word is that Repair Bolt with the remove stun talent is meant to remove stun and heal.

If it doesnt work then there is hardly any reason to take the talent (the alternative is 5% more HP).

14. Crashedup

No removing stun with repair bolt has too much value I cannot count how many time a repair bolt to remove stun on me has saved my life allowing me to ob or nitro away from an incoming torp Berta or excanon shot.
    Removing stun from ur top dmg dealer has too much value and most of the fixer will choose this talent whether it heals or not.
    Repair bolt is the most popular healing item on the bay and if it will heal and remove stun and heal a target at the same time what the pt of using stun then?
    And how does it justify its being one slot then?
    Fyi: I only fought against the bug of stun (for months) because of the repair bolt because it healed and removed stun at the same time.

15. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Yep - and that is why we are fixing it. It is most likely a hotfix - just no exact ETA yet.

AVID, Scourge Argaen, Weeze and 2 others like this.
  16. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair Thank you to the team for getting this fixed in the 2.9 update!

Miku Da Yo 39 and Neu like this.