1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's end the nerf circle. Buff instead!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 1 Mar 2018.

1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Best thread ever. You have my full support.

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Someone once said to make them take up 3 slot points, and I added to give them a buff to compensate. This way it's not possible to use 2, but they'll be more useful on their own. Enfo could easily still use one with a tesla and OB, while speeders would have to think about giving up one of their yellows for it.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Hmmmm.... I had to think about this one.. I think you would risk hurting Speeders again because they really wouldn't ever be able to utilize one. And then you are really hurting Frost Launchers, because an Enforcer will never choose a Frost Launcher over a Tesla Shield. I like the idea of it, restricting it to only one, but don't think that is the way to do it.

Edit: The only way this would work is if you give MK6 Speeders and Enforcers an additional Yellow point (not slot).

Then you'd have:
    Speeder:
    MK6 = 5YYY (1 Tesla Shield, 1 Overboost, 1 Nitro/Bolt/Blaster). Exactly the same as now.

Enforcer:
    MK6 = 6YYY (1 Tesla Shield, 1 Overboost, 1 Nitro/Bolt/Blaster/Launcher). Same as now. You could go double Shield still, but you'd be sacrificing your Overboost.

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    An alternative solution would be to introduce more 2pt items, maybe even a lesser version of the now better 3pt tesla shield (maybe one that only blocks shots in the direction your turret you're facing). I opened a thread not long ago about new yellow item ideas, so if this happened to be a good solution, we're gonna need new ideas first.

I also really like your idea, too, though. +1

5. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

One of the best thread in the forum. On ur side ✌

Help I Cant Swim and PastelPiku like this.
  6. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Interesting ideas :)

WarCream, Hokuse, *JAWS* and 4 others like this.
  7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Everything can’t be solved by buffs alone. Some combos/items are just too strong, like frost’s glue effect. It had to be nerfed. But these extreme nerfs (tritorp, frost), absolutely have to stop. It’s not the nerfs that make players angry it’s extreme nerfs. If frost would have been nerfed effect only, nobody would have complained.

But if you insist on not nerfing TS, buff railgun. My t5 rare rg can break an epic t5 shield most of the time. Give it a cd buff, dmg buff or whatever.
    Or just nerf sniper (with something that DOESN’T kill it) -> people might switch to rg for long range dmg -> shields start to break and it would also solve the issue of sniper being op.

But seriously, i’d take a well-balanced nerf over a buff most of the time.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I’m “buffing” this thread’s position in the forum :p

9. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Still no love for the carronade? I gave up that awful weapon because of it's unreliability. Range buff barely did anything and people still don't consider a buff for it. That weapon has been sucking ever since they nerfed the amount of projectiles from 8 to 7.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2018
    Ash KOT and What's Up Player like this.
  10. REAL"

REAL" Member

Good idea
    If frost blaster and frost launcher buff, 7 weapons will be useful (3 torps + 4 mortars)
    It can definitely increase the weapons variety and bring more fun to players

11. REAL"

REAL" Member

One suggestion is to remove the damage breaking of both frost balster and frost launcher, but have a huge reduce of the maximum duration time like 50%
    Consequently, the frost time is JUST enough for players to do ONE frost combo
    It can prevent the OP DOUBLE frost torps combo and make frost items be useful

LimeOnMars and *JAWS* like this.
  12. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

8 projectiles? I'd love to see that. I'd prefer reducing dispersion tough.

13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I think devs should add more items to game. Most of the people using similar setups because there isn't variety enough. Devs, i know innovations are hard to make and game has sensitive balance right now but you should give us more alternatives.

14. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

I fully support on buffing another items or introduce a new item to counter one item who is currently a bit overused. Nerfing an item every time means you lose a lot of potential customers.

15. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Buff defenders turret speed and turning speed. For such a large and slow ship, such changes are needed. It could aso have a special feature like damage refuction by 20% if staying completely stills and etc.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Great thread. Buffs are good.

As a speeder I guess Tesla bolt heal block against cooldown is not good. Heal block works offensively not only against fixers but the ships they are trying to heal as well. It stops bandage as well so flares work better.
    Still I support you man. Its a good idea. I'm getting used to the long cooldown on my items so whatever.

Imo this option will help the lower infamy speeders where heal block may not be that important as fixers don't have OP items on them.

Frost blaster is a pain. It's tough to manage what the threshold damage to remove frost can be. We can maybe reduce the slowing effect or reduce the damage bonus by 50% per hit? Or why not add strong frost resistance? It works with bolt. It must work for frost as well.

For EC, the damage increase is what most will go for if given a choice against range, at least I would. And range against cooldown will call for cooldown as it's a mid to close range weapon, again I would do that. So damage against cooldown is cool Imo. That way you either get the damage or the cooldown. Fair and fun.

I don't use any other weapons/items listed so can't say anything about them.

For defenders, buff hp. Defence is a big no no. Carros will take a serious hit. Just an idea cos I don't use carros as I don't have any.:p

17. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

A 3 slot points Blue Item that heals own ship for 3-5% of the damage done would be a great buff for Defenders