1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas: New Yellow Items

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 1 Mar 2018.

?

Which ideas do you like? (I'll add your ideas as we go!)

1. Overclock

53.3%
  2. Dummy poll option, don't vote for this until I replace it with the next idea!

20.0%
  3. Tesla Shield [1pt version]

26.7%
  4. Tesla Grenade

33.3%
  5. Frost Mine

40.0%
  6. Frost Field

20.0%
  7. Thermal Blaster

26.7%
  8. Buoy - submitted by SaboTage

26.7%
  9. Frost Field (but freezes the water instead) - submitted by Hokuse

20.0%
  10. Reverse Nitro - submitted by HAPPY SITHSHA

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Making this thread because I wanted to throw an idea out there but I feel it didn't deserve its own thread

Hello, Battle Bay!
    We've got six, that's right, 6 yellow items in Battle Bay today, and they're all awesome! Well, some might disagree with some of them in the current meta, but let's not go there now lol. This thread is for ideas about NEW yellow items that you think would be great additions to Battle Bay.

I'll start us off with that idea that spurred me to create this thread.

Overclock [2pt]
    This item is basically a 2pt overboost. In addition to increasing the user's speed (slightly better stat than OB), it does 2 more things:
    • Increases acceleration speed (forward and backward)
    • Increases other yellow items' cooldown speeds (only when in use)
    I got this idea when I was looking at the early ship Mks for speeder and enforcer. Isn't it weird that in the early game speeders have access to more 2pt yellow slots than enforcers? And when the enforcer gets to Mk5 they have the '2 slots 4 points' predicament, where they most likely want to go for a nitro or overboost as one of their 2 items and the extra point goes to waste. This item would do a good job of taking a 2pt slot's place for this reason. I'd even use one at mk6 even if I had to give up a tesla shield because it reduces the cooldown of the other yellow items when in use and the improved acceleration means godlike enforcer dancing. This item would work great on Mk6 speeders as well, as it has a slightly higher speed stat. If you didn't like the tesla bolt nerf, this would definitely help counteract the longer cooldown.

2. PastelPiku

Security
    Alright, I've got some more ideas, guys.

Tesla Shield [1pt] (rename original Tesla Shield "Tesla Bubble" or "Tesla Barrier")
    It works exactly the same as the original Tesla Shield but it only blocks in the direction your turret is facing. Not sure about how much health it should have or how long it should last, but it would be a nice defensive option that only takes up 1 slot point.

Tesla Grenade [2]
    Fires like a grenade launcher with a larger blast radius. The stun is weaker than the Tesla Bolt and gets progressively weaker closer to the edge of the blast.

Frost Mine [1pt]
    It's basically a mine that frosts unfriends instead of dealing damage. The frost effect should be stronger than the Frost Blaster's, getting weaker closer to the edge of the blast.

Frost Field [2pt]
    Napalm Launcher that slows unfriends instead of dealing damage over time (effect is stronger near the center, damage boost is applied throughout). Being caught in the center is the worst position, while being out near the edge hardly causes problems, but it could be used as a deterrent as any unfriends spotted traversing the field are prime targets for torpedo users.

Thermal Blaster [1]
    It works just like a frost blaster but instead applies the burning debuff to unfriends; however, it does not deal any damage nor does it reduce healing. It's only purpose is to buff cannons the same way incendiaries do.

Come on, guys! I wanna hear more ideas from you, too!

3. PastelPiku

Security
    Also, it turns out I can't edit or remove the dummy poll option, so just ignore or vote for it, it doesn't matter anymore lol.

4. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    But,to me it seems overclock giving speeder and enforcer a bit too power......cause they have 3 yellow slots.....will it be balanced??
    Other than this i like the ideas.......even the overclock....

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

Security
    It takes 2 slots, though, so as strong as it is, you'd have to give up one of your 2pt items for it. It needs to be way more useful than a regular overboost.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  6. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    [​IMG]
    Buoys [1]
    A single yellow slot item which has the ability to lure away the enemy's auto aim and lock on. In use it will be similar to a mine, same cool down and deployment. It's mostly an enforcer/speeder weapon used for tactical reasons and it can be destroyed by any weapon and has health that increases with level. It also appears as a red dot on the map.

In other words its a decoy.

7. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Wow, i really loved that 1 point tesla shield and tesla grenade idea. Cool and creative, i would see them. ;)
    But frost mine or frost field is not good. I prefer massive damage of regular mine instead of frost that disappear with any shots. And frost field seems me OP. That slow isn't disappear cause you throwing it into water, not players. But i have an idea, just like frost field but it isn't freezing enemies, it freezing the water. So enemies who enters in the zone, will lose control of his ship. Think about falling people on the ice. Ships can't stop easily, or get back. Also i think that will freeze the waves. More upgrade means more duration and effectness.

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I have an idea.How about a new yellow item that boosts us backward instead of forward like a nitro?It will help us in some situations:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nikkie!, Hokuse and PastelPiku like this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    Awesome ideas, guys!

Hokuse likes this.
  10. HAPPY SITHSHA

But the visual of the item's use will be very funny,I thinko_O:rolleyes:o_O.Let's think of a new name for that item,Pastel Piku.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. HAPPY SITHSHA

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/new-yellow-item-2.16417/#post-97313

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/new-yellow-item.16392/

My idea. @PastelPiku

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    @TheAntiSnipe wanna merge @HARPO! 's threads to this one? And is there any way to add more poll options? It seems I've hit the limit lol.

14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    It won't let me add more poll options :confused:
    Keep the ideas coming, though! ;)

Hokuse likes this.
  16. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    The infiltrator! (Or another name that fits better)

I know some people have thought about something similar but In my opinion this is balanced and a plausible idea to be introduced in the game.

614B0B89-2A1A-4606-9E3E-9C38EC49AAD9.png

Provides you with an anti-radar system for 7 seconds, perfect for scouting speeders and sneaky enforcers. It makes your ship invisible for the enemy while also making you undetectable for their radars for a few seconds, it breaks if you are damaged or if you get frosted/stunned. Cool down of 22,2 seconds, duration of 7, the ship is not completely invisible but it makes it hard for the enemy to spot you because your name doesn’t show up, so almost invisible from far away, perks for reducing cool down like the ones of the railgun. Dr buzzkill has some talents while sinklair has too. 2 slot Item, enforcers having two of this is the main problem but I don’t know, dual Tesla is not less Op than this, because if they catch you, you’re screwed!

17. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Tesla Disruptor: a mortar style weapon that turns off the unfriendly auto aim