1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Fixers, give me advice

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Mr.FixIt.Nsk, 20 Jan 2018.

1. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

duo guns? you mean repair bolts yes? o_O
    without turbo my speed makes me cry :(
    oh yeah, it's a big problem to run after everyone
    why?
    I do not have such good guns, but napalm deal very good damage (129 per hit and 204 DPS) if the enemy is not very fast, then he gets a lot of damage, and if he can get to the whole team in a narrow place, then they have big problems.
    While the speeder will not come for me, but here bc or ec do not help to. my napalm shoots at 27.2 range +2 its radius, it's quite a safe distance.
    With bc or ec I will shoot as soon as I find myself in the zone of reach

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Napalm is good for farming stars, although I personally use an ex cannon. Also, double bolts + pulse is a good idea. Also, always use a turbo no matter what ship. And small shield too.

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  3. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

4. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    kusura bakmayin and Mr.FixIt.Nsk like this.
  5. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

oh yeah, already once again convinced of this

6. Together=heal

Together=heal New Member

Mk6 nightmare fixer :) - together=heal

As a Mk 5, your most common setup is going to be a repair bolt, box, and pulse (not in any particular order).

Best advice I can give you is to not focus on weapons. I did the math, having one cooldown and the rest repair perks will give you just about the right timing to fire one of each healing items followed by a weapon and then go straight back into healing your friendlies.

I know this will give me much grief but hear me out on this one ... TESLA BOLT OVER OVERBOOST. Although both can be used to get out of tricky situations, the tesla bolt has saved me on various occasions way more so often than the overboost has. Especially because an overboost is going to do ou ansolutely no good against your number one rival...... the speeder ..... so choose a nice tesla bolt to stun the enemy to make your escape (or my favorite .. shoot .. stun... heal .. repeat ..)

Once you go to mk6 you unlock a nice little weapon slot that can make or break you as a fixer. Don’t forget my comment earlier about the heal..heal..heal.. shoot ... repeat. With an extra weapon this can seriously cut back on your healing abilities; so make sure to have a long range and short range weapon so when you have your option to shoot, you can have a higher chance in hitting your target with your specified weapon choice.

Hope this response helps a little, good luck !!

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Is it feasible to go on the offensive if both teams get close enough to meet head-on? Or do you stay slightly back and keep on healing?

8. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I'll try tesla bolt, may be it will help me better... It's a pity that I took on parts 3 rare and 1 epic for all time of playing. :eek:
    For two weapons per μ6 I like the build of Waveblover: rocket launcher + carronade.
    Speeders do not like carronade with its slowdown effect ;)
    only with one carronade does not work - they attack from afar.

Thanks a lot.

9. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Don't stress about leveling your stun too much :p It's an item that can still be used without heavy leveling (mine is still tier 1)

Mr.FixIt.Nsk likes this.
  10. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I tryed tesla bolt - not good for me? I'm to slow now. My turbo to weak. :(

11. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

if u dont trust me it is fine. just keep in mind that ur infamy level people dont stay with u or protect u, so ur only protection is bc or ec. pulse is useless since people all spread out. turbo is ok to used

12. Together=heal

Together=heal New Member

A lot of speeders like to use tesla shield too. So hit them with that stun and they’ll freak out because they’ll be exposed to not only your weapon but also your team because they should have locked onto the fact that you need help and they should have dropped what they’re doing to aim all guns at that speeder.

The nice thing about the tesla also is that there really is no need for anything more than 5 seconds. Mine does 11.7 and hardly everrr actually stays active the entire time .. lemme know how you like the tesla bolt !)

13. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I recently upgraded to Mk4 and have been running this setup. The items in inventory are my alternates. A couple thoughts on running Fixer:

- Not getting hit is the best way to heal, so agility and speed are more important than HP. A Fixer that has a lot of HP and no speed or agility is, to quote DMX "a bigger piece of cake... to chew a hole through." I rarely run the shield, but I am keeping it around just in case I like it later on. Having choices is fun. Turbo and Rudder at Mk4 let me move around the battlefield sufficiently quick to help my team members out. Rudder helps reduce that awful situation where you're running and shooting/healing backwards and then smack into a wall and get killed because you couldn't get away fast enough.

- Don't upgrade your ship past your training and items. I upgraded to Mk3 too early and my ship was slow and clumsy as a result of it. As a Mk2 ship I made it to the mid-1600s in infamy, and could contribute fairly well to battles in the 1100-1300 range. Upgrading to the Mk3 dropped both of these ranges by about 200 points because I had not gotten key trainings (particularly Buzzkill, Isak, and Swift's level 12 5% speed boosts) to boost speed, HP, and agility. Staying with a lower Mark ship also forces you to learn how to play defensively and evasively since low HP makes you doubly attractive as a target (Fixer AND low HP? Yes!). Nothing is more satisfying than watching a Speeder get cooked by a friendly torp while trying to assassinate you, and nothing feels worse than Overboosting directly into a wall and immediately seeing a red circle appear under your ship.

- Repair Pulse is trounced by Repair Bolt in numeric terms and practical application on the battlefield. I realize lots of people use it and it's part of the standard setup (Pulse/Box/Bolt) but I cannot for the life of me see how anybody uses it successfully in actual battles. Training and perks change the comparison obviously, and Pulse has a slightly lower cooldown, but a Level 1 rare Pulse heals 14x8 points (96) and a rare Bolt has a base of 173. For Epic, it's 136 v. 219, and Legendary it's 260 v. 693. For healing your team, every single Pulse will have to hit two friendlies, give or take, in order equal a Bolt, AND they don't do all the healing instantly, AND you often have to expose yourself to harm in order to get close enough. How often are ANY friendlies within range of your boat, let alone two? Other players almost never change their play style to make healing easier for you (except for Speeders who will frequently come back after getting all banged up). Most players expect you to come to them (this is also a reason I don't run Boxes anymore). It is simply impossible to run Pulse in any realistic combat environment while keeping yourself safe, retaining situational awareness, and ensuring that it will always affect two friendlies. Bolt makes it easier to stay covered while healing from a distance. I run two Bolts and even though I get assassinated and targeted frequently, there are also many situations where I finish the battle with full HP. Also, the self-healing of Pulse is meaningless in almost any situation. Duct Tape for self-healing.

- Overboost vs. Tesla Bolt is a much harder decision, and mostly is based on your assassin/flanker strategy. In games over 1500 infamy, you WILL be targeted very aggressively by the other team, often to the point that they are suicidal in their pursuit of you (this is why so many people run Duct Tape: enemy suicides trying to kill you, then you heal up afterwards). Your choice of Yellow makes a big difference in how you can react to this threat. Overboost is better for running away from Shooters and Defenders, but I am often still assassinated by Speeders when using it. Tesla Bolt is better when fleeing 1v1s, but if a friendly shoots them and cancels the stun, suddenly you're getting shot again. If you're running Tesla Bolt, the Turbo is an absolute must, unless you like getting far behind the group and singled out. Slow usually means dead. I'd recommend trying out both and seeing what you like. There are times when I run into a string of bad luck with one and then change to the other for a while.

tl;dr recommend Turbo/Rudder for agility, two Bolts for more predictable and realistic healing, add Duct Tape at Mk5, keep Tesla Bolt and Overboost around for different play styles. No weapons are clearly superior. Stay hidden, stay close to the pack.

Attached Files:

Mr.FixIt.Nsk likes this.
  14. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Hmm.... rudder... newer use it before. I think it is defenders & USF item only. I'll try it.

15. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

New apdate 2.8 nerf tesla bolt. Longer cooldown.
    But I starting to use repair box and atsrting to love it :D

Tryed some selfish mode.... Ineed much more duck tape.

16. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Try Repair Box... it's alot useful... you can throw those boxes before the fight start and when fight stars you or your teammate can fix themselves. And you can also use it to repair yourself. I'll say use 2 Repair Pulse and 1 repair Box . And remember you can never win a match if you're teammates left you or got broken so these weapons are beat

17. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Yes. I have already understand it. ;)
    Last guild raffle give me many goods. now I got many to upgrade & so small parts :confused:
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-21 at 22.06.51.jpeg

Oh. I forgot, I just mk6 so 3 slots & 4 points.
    I can't use two pulse + box... for now.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2018
  18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I think you mean "just Mk5"? ;)

You have a good setup, and even have another Epic Pulse. Focus on upgrading that to at least Lv31 as soon as possible, as you'll unlock another perk slot, and you will find your healing ability going up drastically.

Napalm is great as well; if you happen to get Rare or better Burn Duration perks I would swap out the non-Epic item range perks for them though. Fixers do like to stay at the back, but you have to be close enough to your teammates to hit them with Pulse and Box.

Mr.FixIt.Nsk likes this.
  19. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Thank you!
    Epic pulse up to 31+ up to 40 on the waiting list. As a turbo too.
    Napalm I do perks on distance, now he is 27,1 range it allows him to run quite far, leaving in safety.
    Screenshot_2018-02-22-06-31-30.png
    I think my napalm works well :rolleyes:

Last edited: 21 Feb 2018
  20. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I just want you to be happy for me.
    This is my absolute record ... so far.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-16 at 21.35.40.jpeg

Last edited: 16 Mar 2018
    StrictSalmon307 likes this.