1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

how is match making works?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by mammoth1946, 15 Apr 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Can someone explain to me how match making works?
    Some players is saying that match making is bugged or they are losing 10 loss streak.

Any info would help.

Thanks.

2. Jason morin

Jason morin New Member

Operator heavy equipment
    I have to agree with you I love the game but in the weekend it's hard as hell I will lose like none stop I think the gap is to big in the rankings. The mk 6 its like two shot kills. Sorry for complaining just like answers thanks

3. Bomby McBombface

Bomby McBombface Member

Director of Astronautical Engineering
    Matchmaking is critically bugged, in the past 7 days I've only had 4 winning games (I play daily), I either get stuck with bad squads or players 2 levels below me that don't last 1 minute into the game. We always get matched against squads at least 1 level higher, often 2...

I held 1st place in my league and am now at last place, a massive drop from the significant infamy loss due to the horriffic matchmaking...

4. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

5. NotAbot

NotAbot New Member

It match with someone around your infamy

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

The devs recently admitted they put losers on good teams so essentially they are picking winners and losers. Keeps the game "fun"

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I've played this game for almost a year and the number one complaint is the stupid matchmaking, it makes the game almost pointless when you are constantly stuck with people who obviously just aren't putting effort into intelligently playing.

The number one request is 5 person full fleets even better with built in mic support.

Of course both of these are dismissed and this thread will probably be locked.

Taiwan-KT likes this.
  8. Neu

Neu Member

Might be my baseless opinion. But I believe somehow exist the algorithm that lets you win 10 in row without much effort and then loss 10 in row afterward.

Based on my honest experience, If I currently on winning algorithm, my sniper with 30% crit rate can crit 8 out 10 times. Even if I'm being lazy, or doing crap mostly, or die in 30sec, my team still can carry themselves to victory on their own w/o much effort. Likewise in my losing algorithm. Sniper crit 1 out 10 shot and quite often got 2* or top dmg loses. p/s: I'm not sniper camper type player, I had only 1 rare lvl40 sniper cannon.

9. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    That’s easy.
    It takes the people who use the forum and place them with noobie teammates agains P2Ws.
    Simple enough.

10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No. Just no. I said the matchmaking prefers to put players on losing streaks to different sides of each other. This way the losing streak will always end for either one of the players because it’s not possible for both teams to lose. This is completely different than from giving losers good teams.

11. :MrFixer:

:MrFixer: New Member

Eu entendo você completamente[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Ultrah likes this.
  12. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    We're just an operator, no matter how hard you tried to win, if the ELO decide you to lose, then you lose.
    Sometimes in a close combat we're sure that we had hit the target, but no damage on opponent side.

Jamel H. likes this.
  13. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I just posted a thread about matchmaking. I loss 10 matches straight during a session. It's extremely frustrating. This is the only issue that makes me want to uninstall the game at times.

HectorBarbossa likes this.
  14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I noticed quite a few of my shots were landing, yet did not register damage. This happened quite a bit during my 10 game losing streak. I've probably been naive and overly optimistic, but it does appear that there is an algorithm or something that's working against me.

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No. There is no secret algorithm that makes people lose. Missed shots are just lag, nothing less nothing more.

Closing the thread as the ratio between signal and conspiracy theories have gone bad enough. The game is not trying to intentionally hurt anyone. Ever. Claiming so will just lead to closing the threads as nonsensical and off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.