1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Fixers, give me advice

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Mr.FixIt.Nsk, 20 Jan 2018.

1. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Hello!
    Particularly happy to read posts from professional fixers!

I really like to play Fixer.
    Soon I will reach level 30 and there will be one additional green slot.
    Which combination is better to use?
    On the screenshot of my equipment.
    Screenshot_2018-01-20-22-49-08.png
    What do I do wrong?
    how to properly use the repair box? I have not been able to benefit from them yet

2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Duct tape
    \_(ツ)_/¯

3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I can tell you from my perspective as a shooter how everyone uses repair box wrong.

In general (lowbie) fixers do not understand that this is just as much a precision tool as the sniper cannon. When you're tossing me a heal box it MUST land directly in my path, 3 cm in front of my bow. Anything else is wasted. I have learned through harsh experience that they turn into a death trap if I try to alter my course more than a tiny amount or.... god forbid... stop in order to get one. So the vast majority go to waste as "misses". Fixers who can use them well awe me.

The most creative thing I've seen a fixer doing with the repair box is using it as a "proxy healer". For instance, let's suppose I'm doing my normal thing and I'm somewhere apart from the rest of the team. I've had fixers toss repair boxes my way (as near as they could reach, ideally behind the same whatever I'm lurking about). They'd do that any time they could so I might have 2 or 3 boxes floating near me by the time I got hurt badly. Rather than making me go all the way back to him for a heal he's pre-staged it somewhere convenient.

That little play generated a "He did what? Wow! " feeling in me. I thought it was an awesome play because my whole purpose is mostly to be apart from the team and I don't want anyone... particularly the fixer... following me. That guy stuck with the main pack and kept them afloat but spared a bit of attention for me with those boxes.

4. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

NO NO NO! Newer go to duckt side.

I tried to scatter boxes "for the future" so they could be picked up, but they were collected right away, without waiting for the damage.

Throwing boxes at your friends is hard, they have to chase after them, they scatter on the map wherever they go.

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Don't use duct tape. When you get to mk5 use repair pulse, repair bolt, and the box. Usually you should follow the guy with most infamy/health. If he runs off, then stick with your team.

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Some more random thoughts some of which may be useful to you...

I have played 25 levels now and I doubt I have ever... not once... picked up a "scattered box for the future". That's why I call the repair box a water decoration. That is usually their purpose. Actual combat is simply WAY TOO DYNAMIC for such a long-term strategy. Another thing you need to know. When I'm in combat there is typically one or two lines I MUST keep my boat on. All else is death. So no, I'm not going to go back over there and find that repair box I vaguely remember. It'll take me out of the battle for way too long and will probably result in my death before I got there. It simply isn't worth it.

True... and I am definitely a part of your problem since I'm a shooter who plays like a speeder. Here's some thoughts for what they are worth:
    • Speeders and enforcers may scatter. GOOD! That's what they need to be doing. There's no need for you to worry about them. They are on solo missions and it's their job to get back to you for healing not the other way around (I made a Noob to Noob article about this). The same applies to me. I'm in a shooter but my boat is designed to be aggressively in among the enemy. That means I'm also on a solo mission and it's my job to get to you for healing. What i need YOU to be doing is staying alert and alive so when I get there you are on the ball with that healing. Note that there's a huge difference between "being on a team-based solo mission" and "playing solo". If you're Blacktail you can just go ahead and crush the enemy team solo. For the rest of us mere mortals, even a solo mission must serve a team goal. You should assume that that's what is going on. Try to understand what that goal is.
    • Shooters scatter. Not so good. I notice a lot more cohesive team play up at 1200 infamy than I do at 800. I suspect this behavior gets better as you rise in infamy. My advice is to pick the highest mark shooter and he's your guy. That's what I do... at least at the start... usually. Everyone else either clusters with you two or else they are on their own. Being "on their own" is not a bad thing if, like me, that's what they expect and have planned for.
    • If someone rushes into the fray, you cannot save them usually. In my experience, the fixer usually doesn't have enough fixing power to counter the incoming damage they are going to receive. Often times both the friend and the fixer die. I, on the other hand, as a shooter, can maybe tip the balance of the damage equation enough to save the situation. I'd much rather if the fixer sat back at a respectful distance and be on the ball if we manage to get back out again and/or heal us from afar.
    In most games, the healer (fixer) is one of the most intense roles to play from a situational awareness standpoint. That's what separates a great fixer from just another friend. I've recently seen some videos from Spartz that just made me want to weep with how thoroughly he was aware of his combat environment. You might want to take a look. I posted a thread recently where I discussed my pre-battle analysis of the team and then a video of the actual match. You might want to look at that too since the healer was faced with an impossible situation and he handled it awesomely (shout out to Vidz13 -- and my sincere apologies LOL).

What I've learned about teamwork is that it's MY job to be a team not rail against why everyone else is not. So I try to learn as much as I can from the team screen then wait to see what everyone else is doing. I try to fit my strategy to theirs. To do that, however, requires prioritization. In the video I posted I prioritized the defender over anything else and so split the team up. It turned out to be a wise choice even though I was consciously sacrificing one of my team mates.

One last thing is battle communication. You can see Spartz control his whole team pretty totally in some of his videos. Yes, I know that at lower infamies people don't necessarily read or respond to battle commands. Still... it's something I work hard at getting better at... both talking and listening.

You have my sympathy (really). Heh, you can see me saying that in my battle video. But this is my newest area of "gitting gudder" :) I'm trying to understand my team-mates which helps me predict their likely actions and be the most useful to them I can be.

7. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

I disagree. Because of how Feelix is designed, a fixer can't fully train and utilize those 3 items. Just like using blast cannon and sniper isn't too smart. I personally, advocate for triple repair bolt and bandage, since I habe bolt fully trained (a rare t4 competes with a poorly trained t4 epic). Or, you could try repair pulse, and two bolts/boxes. My three bolts (mostly f2p and rares, compete with a p2p player that uses bolt, box, pulse)

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  8. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I would say bolt, box and pulse with a turbo and shield and you will go far.
    That’s my setup and I have reached 3.5k infamy with tier 4 rares.
    You have to be a good shot or close to hit a speeder with a bolt.
    Boxes are good as if you miss though it’s still there to be picked up. Plus you can self heal with it. Once you start hitting 2k or so you will be targeted first so don’t stay out in the open.
    Throw a box in front of the friendly ships and remember the flight time. A good fixer will land the box on their target like a well trained mortar shot.
    You can also throw them over some walls too.
    Watch your own health and use the boxes and pulse to keep yourself alive and shout for help too.

9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Good, dont use duct, it a very useless item anyway.

No one will use it and Dev will buff it again, muhahahahaha

10. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

watched videos of top fixers
    they are often ignored fixers, he swims in the center of the battle, and no one tries to kill him.
    how is this even possible ?!

if the opponents have a speeder or an enforcer, then I'm the first target and will not live long.

back to the repair box, Feelix level 17 + 5% to "decisive repair"
    what it is?
    How does he work?

11. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

12. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

omg.... like a paladin!
    have your gamplay video to see?

13. Miku Da Yo 39

14. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

15. Miku Da Yo 39

If you have MK5 ship you can run the build with a Flare gun, carronader or cannon. Yes you need to have the gear to run it. I recommend you to start collecting. The shield can be switched to a rudder.

16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I'll think about it when I get a lot of tape.

In the meantime, I wanted to be a team player and save my friends from death most effectively.

back to the repair box, Feelix level 17 + 5% to "decisive repair"
    what it is?
    How does he work?

Last edited: 21 Jan 2018
  17. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Hello again!
    I'm grouing up
    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-11 at 20.35.10.jpeg
    But still have a problem to using repair box launcher.
    Every time wen I try to use it - 80% loose game.
    Drop infamy to -700 or more.
    What I'm doing wrong?
    Maybe someone has video of good using repair box? replay?

18. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

if u mk5 fixer under 2k infamy, only way to go is duo guns and a box with duo shield. any other setup wont work because low infamy players dont stick with fixer.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  19. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

under 2k infamy only use bc or ec and nothing else.

20. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

forgot to say that dont lisen to other advises, they either very high infamy or donno what is happening in lower infamy.