1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does this game reward camping so much?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by RunAndHide, 3 Jan 2018.

1. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It's always good to have a variety of weapons for different scenarios (which is why shooter is good). When I still played shooter I had one berta to spread out the crowd and two blasts to pick off the one with lowest health :D Torps are good too, but snipers are set lower on the ship so it's harder for them to shoot over waves.
    The best way to avoid mortars is speed, using yellow ships or having a ton of turbos. However, then you would be sacrificing support weapons or health with shields.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

One day... when my infamy and gear get a bit higher.... :)

Interesting point about picking me out from my more... uh... relaxed peers. I hadn't given that much thought because at my infamy level I'm pretty much the only brawler ever. Even the boats geared for it would rather sit back and shoot their one mortar tube every xx seconds than bring the other 3 or 4 tubes into engagement. The most obvious differences to me are aggression, frugality, and positioning. I ought to start paying attention to that more since it'd help me for the same reasons it helps you. Almost always I end up being the scout for my team even when there are dual speeders. Go figure.

I, apparently, have a huge advantage at my infamy level because the vast majority of speeders simply don't expect me. I can tell because they are perfectly willing to engage me one on one rather than abandon the scouting mission as "mission accomplished" and return to safety. Even purely one on one I have a very good chance against a M+1 speeder. On a scouting mission, that speeder is likely to draw fire from the rest of my team also once I engage which, if nothing else, will constrain his avoidance choices. They pretty much always die.

I can tell the smarter ones because, like me, they don't "scout" so deeply that they cannot get out again nor do they automatically assume a lone shooter is "dessert" :) They are the ones who successfully scout, maybe exchange a shot or two, and get back out again.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I personally feel that there isn't really a point in scouting, so I usually just zoom to the area beside the capture zone and wait for the enemy :p I'm kinda lame.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

When I went on a losing streak and the game was hellbent on making me lose, I just stood on The Foundry's cap point. Enemies came around, and I messed them up like a total badass. Quad kill LOL.
    Definately, brawler shooters are rather unexpected, but I try to take note of every player I fight, also, when I DO scout, I look at the turrets. Most shooters have either a mortar or a sniper cannon equipped. When I get spotted, these guys either lob mortars(common) or fire snipeshots(rare).

A brawler(you'll understand this once you get into a fight against me a few times) has a similar knowledge to a speeder in the matter of scouting, and when they see a speeder doing a scouting run, they'll only shoot if they have a sniper cannon, and their bullets are the only ones which will hit.

Imho, every brawler shooter should play speeder once. Having two weapons on a high speed platform and shooting at moving targets, in a case where missing a shot means you're a noncombat ship for ten seconds--This shows you the value of a single shot and the value of 10 seconds in this game lol. That's why I say, every shooter who's trying to go pro should play speeder to get a feel for the kind of accuracy he'll need in the big leagues.

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

This I certainly agree with. I personally try not to miss anyway since my damage is dependent on consistent DPS rather than the big lucky torp. But even for me, the speeder platform pushes me to really make those shots count. I agree.... I should do it more. Plus, I still haven't decided if I'll go speeder in the end. I've always known it would fit my natural tendencies well.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.