1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.7 "Custom Battles"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 Dec 2017.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

2. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Strange cos my carronade was doing 110x6 damage = 660 now it dose 7x99 = 693 yes it sounds better but factor in a ships defence. Let' say 40 defence. My old carronade with -40 for defence was 6x80 = 480 now it' 7x59 = 413. Now do you see that you buffed and nerfed it at the same time. Instead of messing with the skill tree you should have just added an exter projectile to the standard weapon making it start with 4 projectiles or increased its base damage or just added the option of another projectile to the skill tree instead of moving them. Say at level 4, 7, 8, or 13 where there is only one option for upgrade

Last edited: 19 Dec 2017
  3. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

This isn't perfect data, but I think it justifies some of the changes. Agree defender is getting left behind. Disagree enforcer goes from least represented in most ranges to OP b/c of 150ish HP and small speed bump (max turret buff is meaningless - no enfo can afford to use gear lube in a blue). "Fixer doesnt die quick anymore." - This made me LOL in a good way :)
    [​IMG]
    *Credit to @Kitterini for the data

4. darthwarrior

darthwarrior New Member

What is a holiday gift??

5. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

No idea. We get it on Sunday. Check the calender and you'l see a wrapped present box on sunday

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

@ADD209, that's because they swapped around 4 Swift training levels to "unlock more of its potential in the early game." Unfortunately, they probably didn't swap the correct ones and now the Carronade might actually be worse at early levels. The added range is nice, but now you have less damage per shot AND you have to give up 10% faster Speeder, which is HUGE. Not sure how the devs missed this.

7. Head Zilla

Head Zilla Member

awsome updated.!

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

@Developers,

Thank you for this Christmas gift! This is a legendary update that I’ve seen so far, with the custom matches. For sure you guys have been working on this for a long time and no doubt it wasn’t something trivial to realize. Thank you so much :)))

Rainbow Warrior and The Otherguy like this.
  9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I guess it's somthing like that "epic horn" that the elder players of the game have. Something funny but that do not make your game easier :D

tonberryking98 likes this.
  10. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Yep the 50% range is ok but carronade is best at super close range anyway. As you say I'd much prefer the extra damage and speed to an extra projectile and slow

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

As a whole, the update is decent. Custom battles is long overdue and a welcome addition. I love redecorating the map. I hope that the gift is decent and not just a small box of gold/sugar/pearls. The special offers are... "good". They honestly aren't that great of offers and are really just a way to increase spending. But thanks for the attempt. Most of the balancing is decent. I just wish they would do balancing more frequently and in smaller bites.

I give it a C+. Passing, but momma certainly won't be happy.

H.R.H AOTF and The Otherguy like this.
  12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Nope.
    13 defenders (9 enfos and 12 fixers)
    You’re right, but the few tanks i’ve seen need to stop and then turn the turret
    If a tank is fast, it has lighter armour and smaller gun. Heavy tanks have good guns and armour, but it needs to sacrifice mobility for them

Babablacksheep likes this.
  13. MGstealthninja

MGstealthninja New Member

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

All in all I like the update. Had lots of fun owning my guild mates on a higher infamy than me in costom battle proving my infamy dosnt reflect my skill or power lol. It's good to see fixer and enforcer get buffed. Subzero I've not played yet but its' nice that it's festive. I'm having some issues with custom games as after practically every game the friends list is gone (this also happons when fleeting) meaning you have to restart the game. The carronade buff....... well read my earlier posts about that. (4 to 5 days training swift to get it back to normal ). But as I said all in all a good update
    P.s a new weapon would have been nice like a proximity charge. Its Like the fixers repair pulse but damaging enemies in very close proximity to you stopping players getting to close
    But obviously as I don't know how to work this in you would probably need another active and passive skill to introduce a new crew member to govern any new weapons and skills

15. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

i agree with this

16. Leibstandarte

Leibstandarte New Member

All fixed had to delete and re install now works fine

17. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

How do u 5vs 5

18. Earel

Earel Active Member

thx , it's ok now.

19. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Go to the option menu in the top left where you view your profile, battle log etcetera. It's on there under custom battle. You then just invite friends you would like to battle

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Still no half decent way to adjust crew skills.. damn

Babablacksheep and Kitterini like this.