1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper vs Railgun

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alpha ., 12 Dec 2017.

1. Alpha .

Alpha . Member

@Everyone
    Yeah, I'd never scrap it even if it was a ballpark mortar haha, it's my "free" legendary I've played 10 months for it.

On the other hand, I really feel underwhelmed. Especially as a speeder main it's hard to fit it to my playstyle, it works much better on my shooter I have to admit, but honestly I land 1-2 shots with max damage in a good game, and maybe 1 more close range. I just feel sniper would outperform in every situation.

Also, people who defended The Railgun claiming it's good in the end game, come on. That argument dosen't sit with 95% of the players. I'm steadily around 2900-3100 infamy when I'm not doing guild quests. Thats not the end game (unless you get matched with Orpheus like I did LOL) and most of the people aren't there either.

I also found it to work well on my mk5 Fixer.
    Anyway, I guess I'm both underwhelmed and salty because railgun is that item that's not that bad but you just can't use it on speeder. I've tried it's just anxiety enducing lol.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You need to take in account the posibilities of dealing damage to a player who is passing by or 'peek-a-booing'.

For example. You are going to see a player once and then they are doing to pass by.

With a railgun impact on enemy you are going to deal the full damage before the enemy runs off.

With sniper if you don't crit the enemy just gets tickled before he runs off.

While I do think railgun deserves a slight buff, there is no reason to compare the 2. They're not even under the same class.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ohhh shoot you are speedr?,Damn!

Also Railgun is not the best on speeder,Yes! But works quite well Till you start getting more speeders versus yourself,which probably happens above 3.5k.Till then you are good to go,More the shooter in enemy better will the rail-gun work

4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Or is it.....

They zoom by, they're too close, so your Railgun tickles them....
    But if you had a Sniper Cannon and get a crit -- KABOOM!!!!

is that what you meant? ;)

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

No. If they're that close chances are you can chase them lol.

I'm talking about the times where you see an enemy for a quick moment and only have 1 shot at them before they disappear

6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

To get full sniper crit you should have to have to be zoomed in on your view like you're looking through a scope.
    (For newer players- this happens when you hold targeting reticule down.)
    Sorry but calling some shoot from the hip insta fire weapon a "sniper" cannon is silly. The essence of being a sniper is AIMING.

7. Spinners71

I love this suggestion!

8. Spinners71

...But you'd have to require that for all the other cannons to crit too. ... which I'm also totally fine with. I would even be willing to slightly increase the crit% rate for zoomed-in shots to offset the increased challenge.

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Good players (sniper users)use zoom in(Manual aim) quite often end game,I wouldnt allow high crit % at zoom in.I myself use manual aim a lot and its deadly accurate in terms of sniper,Not the rail gun tho

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Spinners71

While I am aware that zooming in is possible, I have never personally connected a shot with it. So I don't even try anymore. Maybe it's just me... But anyway, if it would be a bad idea to increase the crit % on zoomed-in shots because it's not really that much harder to hit -- then I will believe and defer to you...

11. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Sounds like an easy win for everyone (including Rovio). Decrease crit chance by 50% if shot from no zoom. Crit % is full value in zoom mode. his will be much harder and take longer in close combat. Case closed.

12. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

benguin8 likes this.
  13. Virdis

Virdis New Member

How about using both of them? I have epic railgun tier 3 and epic sniper tier 2 with shooter mk 5. Use sniper to harras and finish with railgun