1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Screenshot_20171212-115018.png

Riddlerpaji, Ultrah and Stonebanks like this.
  2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The exodus after the nerfing on both Frost and Fire damage.

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I saw bunta playing in kenzer's latest video
    Maybe he recorded it before this season

4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Or lack of new content can be the reason
    Tpro is quitting too announced it on yt
    From cmnts it seems like lack of new content is the reason

5. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Yes, kenzer is uploading old stuff

Babablacksheep and Joey who like this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

He shows replays from months ago

7. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

...no new updates, no new items, no new maps, worst matchmaking... so people have enough.

Riddlerpaji and Helius Maximus like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Making the guild wars update, then killing the only thing that made it attractive, the raffle RNG. How idiotic is that? If there's any guild leaders here, tell me: Do you feel incentivized to lose tons of infamy for 42k tokens of CRAP? 50CS, my guild, quit questing, we play for fun now, at least on the guild point of view. MMR is okay to me, progression, again, killed by the patch after the guild wars update. Why do they even bother?

Also, edit: Devs, YOU KNOW you nerfed the raffle RNG. Don't you say that we are "unlucky". We stood first in seven rivalries, and reaped astronomical rewards. I got enough epic burn perks to set up my flare+blast combo, plus enough waste perks to build a mk5 defender. BRING THE OLD DAMN RNG BACK, not the pearls, but the old, fair drop rates.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2017
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

10. Mangchi

Mangchi Member

Yup. Saw friend go through 60 raffles. Raffle landed on perks a total of 5 times lol. There were 4 perks total on the board. By the end of 60 raffles, he got one green perk for each 4, and one rare.

The bonus round? He got leg parts x 4, and pearls x 1.

How is that for RNG?

11. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

CR is now included draft chest and lighting chest which help you choose the cards you want in a higher rate. CR developer team successfully reduced the luck in their game, which is now based more in skills.
    Here are some examples:
    -Tournament cap and events: completely fair and skill based.
    -Chest drop from battles: can be predictable in clashroyalestats.com, player now can know exactly when a legendary chest drop
    -Chest (overall): less RNG because the introduction of drafting chest. Most of their chest are valuable and cost less money.
    -Rewards: more cards in higher league, less cards from chests in lower leagues
    -Matchmaking: sometimes it looks into cards level, not king level
    -Specific for F2P: free stuff in shop, free chests, quest that can be easily done and free gem. Everything can buy by gold, high reward in tournament and quest.
    -For P2W: not much different, skills still required and it won't cost over 1 mil $ to maxed out.
    - there are more but I am not mentioned

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    The silence from the devs on this topic is deafening.

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Not really, it’s their policy not to comment on things like future updates and business practices/pricing. And a very sensible policy it is too.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2017
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

RNG is definitely less random than I would like. Lately they have been heavily pushing Fixer perks and pieces in the last 4+ guild raffles, at least, without acknowledging the imbalance they created for fixer in the end game. The current raffle, for example, has 3 slots for pieces...2 green and 1 red, and out of 90 raffle draws I got 21 green pieces but only 3 red, when odds would average me out at 8 red, as if they are loading up slots with Fixer items and tweaking the RNG towards those items on top of that. The problem is simply this: What's the point of promoting Fixer so heavily if you ultimately need to toss it to get in the top 50? Devs struggle mightily trying to balance ships at each level, a problem that should be addressed before slanting the guild raffle like that.

15. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Rng is a joke. Also experienced raffle that is heavily slanted towards fixer.
    The fact you can't get what you want or what u need except thru rng is crazy.

Babablacksheep and EyeOfDoom like this.
  16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't understand is how all the p2w whales get hold of all epic perks so quickly. They can pay for items but perks are totally random and can only be acquired through in game currency and yet I see so many whales even the ones with considerably less playtime than f2ps running full 4 epic perks on all tier 4 epic items (which is 1 extra epic perk per item).

I have been playing since May and I'm yet to see a single epic shield HP, epic burning damage, epic cannon damage or epic turbo perk in the shop. I'd snap buy them if I ever get a chance. And when I see p2w whales with less playtime than me running around with 10+ epic shield perks and 8 epic burning perks, I just can't help to wonder whether shops are truly fair for everyone

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@EyeOfDoom the same way they get resources to build all of their gear. They refresh the shop, a lot.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yes but I have also noticed more expensive shop refreshes bringing better perks. So I'm still doubting whether the shop system is fair for everyone.

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha, I wouldn't know anything about that:)
    Everything in this game is geared to give advantage to the wallet warriors though, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Babablacksheep and Riddlerpaji like this.
  20. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Playing this game is like trying to win the lottery. I hope this game doesn't create a new generation of lottery addicts. A full RNG game should never be connected to gameplay. Cosmetics would have worked just fine. Then again, Google doesn't allow a black market like steam :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.