1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Fixer is the Most OP boat of ace:cool:

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You're missing the part where blast cannon does RAW DAMAGE. Sniper does not. Adding ALL sniper crit chance perks is manditory, where blast cannon, even with no perks performs equally. You can use all crit chance perks on your blast cannon for a 19% chance to crit (which I have seen VERY effective), or a combination of fire and blast cannon. Try using fire perks on your sniper and using a fire combo with it.

You have to accept the fact that blast cannon with NO PERKS performs the same as sniper with all crit chance perks. Now where does the balance for the range come? Flexibility and variety in perk slots.

Wish I could pin this post on everyone's forehead.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

"Blast cannon performs the same as sniper".... except that sniper hits twice as far and moves twice as fast. But yea, if you just ignore those two monumental facts, then the Blast Cannon is just as good as the Sniper Cannon....

Babablacksheep and A55A51N like this.
  4. Joey who

You are so ignorant. Reply to my whole post instead of cutting out the main point. Thanks

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lol, you are an angry elf. You must be from the South Pole.

The Blast Cannon "with no perks" does NOT perform the same as sniper "with all crit chance perks." That is simply false. If that was true, then sniper wouldn't be the most used weapon, Blast cannon would.

What specifically would you like my response to?

Same point as what I answered.

Not sure what the point is that I would reply to here. Fire on a sniper would not be good though. Crit is by far the better choice. Still, nothing here that alters my original reply.

Last piece I apparently needed to reply to. Done.

Does that suit you?

6. Joey who

Sniper does average the same as a blast cannon's raw damage. You just only pay attention to the crits you get hit by. First you ignore facts then reject the facts, done wasting time on you :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I MAIN a Sniper Cannon. It has been my favorite weapon since Day 1. I have never complained about getting popped by a crit shot from a sniper. If I am exposed for long enough and you can hit me, then I made a mistake.

However, all of the stats show that Sniper Cannon is more used than Blast Cannon. Can you find me 1 stat that says the Blast Cannon is better than the Sniper Cannon?

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/mid-season-item-and-ship-popularity-snapshot.14899/
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/ace-3-ace-2-meta-snapshot.14863/

I do like the Blast Cannon and have been using it a lot for guild quests. And I am leveling mine up whenever possible to prepare for the impending Sniper nerf. But even with the higher "raw damage", the blast cannon is less used. So are the majority of players just stuck in their old ways and using an inferior weapon?

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Look at the ships without their items, bud.. THATS what im saying. Try to ride a shooter with no turbo or no shield. YES, it IS slow as hell. Without a good shield is weak as hell elso. That’s why you see EVERY shooter with turbo and a shield. I use an epic big shield T1 and it’s insufficient to stand most of the battles. And yes, it has low-mid defense. Considering that it’s an easy target, it becomes more vunerable to any shot, missle, mortars. You can’t flee damage most of the times. Assuming that you’ll take most of the hits, low mid is a con.

And I have to disagree with your point of just standing back and shooting. Just look at the top 50 players and tell me how many shooters you see. Shooter can play a good role as a team player, but isnt something reliable solo.

9. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Getting a little heated in here :confused:

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yep,Constructive discussion is boring anyways;)

Shadow Moon! and Eeyore like this.
  11. Admiral DJ

Well can’t argue with that :p:D

A55A51N likes this.
  12. DemhaRamen

DemhaRamen New Member

Damn, now that I realize how good sniper cannon is, I regret scrapping my Sniper Cannon II Uncommon
    (Don't ask me why I did it)

13. Admiral DJ

All depends on your play style. Many people that get up close and personal may not get too much out of sniper cannon because they would have to rely on the crit of the the sniper cannon to do any worthwhile damage. Trying to run in with just sniper cannons expecting to kill someone could get you killed a lot of the time. But hey sometimes you get lucky :) But judging from my results from around the 3000 infamy range... more often than not I die trying to rush in with just sniper cannons.

Joey who and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Precisely. Unpredictability. Some people who are fans of the blast cannon(good taste, if you ask me) tell me that the weapon just "feels solid" like being in the driver's seat of an American muscle car. Sniper cannon is the "Exotic" in this equation, I guess.

Admiral DJ likes this.
  15. Alpha .

Alpha . Member

What kind of broken math is that? LOL

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

giphy.gif

A55A51N likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Hey, I could care less about crit chance. Let me get my views clear on this. In nice, cool blue text.

I am asking for a nerf to the sniper cannon's close range capability. Because it is (unintentionally, I hope) effective at short and long ranges. I will not comment or debate about any other attributes of this weapon.
    Just means that, If I get my a$$ handed to me from three crits from far away from a sniper cannon, I'll appreciate the player who shot me and cuss at myself for being that exposed to sniper fire.

Ultrah, The Otherguy and A55A51N like this.
  18. Alpha .

Alpha . Member

I only asked about your math lol I'm wondering how you got 6-8 out of 20 shots from 12.5% .

Joey who likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Hey, luck! Lol

Joey who likes this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Then also Explosive cannon should be nerfed as the same way.

I don’t believe how people don’t get it. Devs can nerf sniper they way people want. The result ? Everyone will migrate to EC. Then we will have a topic here crying out loud to nerf EC. Simple. That’s what happened with RG. You don’t see much people using nowadays.

As I said, there are things worse then sniper critical. Frost and torpedoes, flare and explosive/blast. Believe me, you guys won’t be on Master league or Ace league forever. Nerfing opinion will change with time, most of you will regret it in the future.

Uerguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.