1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ace-3+ Ace-2 Meta snapshot

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 25 Nov 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hello to everyone at the community. I, @Shadow Moon! and a handful of Ace 3 and Ace 2 players decided to make an item popularity snapshot. With the help of @Tirth2_ ,
    We drew the following observations(beautified and edited now):
    Advanced snapshot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My take:
    1. Clearly, shooters dominate Ace league, turbo is the most common blue and sniper cannon is the most used red, because of its versatility.
    2. Carro is veeeery underused by all ships.
    3. Due to there being no mk6s in Ace, we see that NO speeders use tesla shield.
    4. Close to zero selfish fixers in Ace, they're all repair bolt sharpshooters here(If I'm not wrong, repair bolt is less popular in Nightmare)
    5. Just one RG fixer came up in our snapshot. Just goes to say that fixers in Ace play some awesome support(if they are good)
    6. My God, what happened to defenders? The short version: Heavy weapons in ace means that defenders, used to tanking hits, have a sharp learning curve ahead of them, followed by some serious gear upgrades.
    7. And enfos. Oh, my God, the enfos. People are using enfos as speeders, judging by the turbos and overboosts you can see, with only 5 enfos using tesla shields. What happened? Mk5, that's what.

Drop your conclusions below!(Because I'm lazy to do both in the same post...need...to...sleeep)

Last edited: 27 Nov 2017
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Ace 3 plus Ace 2

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This is pretty much exactly what I expected. 78 Shooters (53%), is almost 4 times more than the next ship, and more that double what it should be (~20%).

And 63% running sniper! The most popular weapon ‘on every ship’ (including speeder). TBH I wasn’t expecting so many speeders to be running sniper, but it doesn’t exactly surprise me, given how versatile it is.

I think this really helps to demonstrate why balance for the top 10-50, has almost zero relevance to the rest of the game.

How can anyone justify the continual nerfing of yellow items, when every ship that needs them is being grotesquely underused?

I think we all need to work harder to draw attention to the very obvious inbalances surrounding shooters and snipers, for the sake of the game.

4. Shadow Moon!

5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Ya'll need some blue boat lessons. Back in my day I ran 3 turbos.

Elena Kr and Babablacksheep like this.
  6. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Now we need one for Master League.
    For some reason, I think I see way more Enforcers than Fixers during battles.

7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

The motive of thread:-

NERF Shooter
    NERF sniper(To that i agree)

How about balancing defender and enforcer?

Thread creators and former speeders--Nope

8. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

I'd love that too! after all now i've started playing every ship! :p

9. TheAntiSnipe

I'm a thread creator, and if you see the timestamp, I rushed the meta snapshot so that the peeps from the US could go through it. Also, I already said enfo needs some love. Defender, I think, is okay in Ace, still, it is quite underused.

10. Shadow Moon!

Totally disagree with your assumptions. My general focus was that get rid of those Nightmare league snapshots who needs those.
    Any nerf or balance change does not affect them but affect those who are in majority and not couple of hundreds players.
    And I was personally offended by that title aka omg why we keep nerfing speeders.

So this thread's title should be omg lets nerf speeders enforcers how can shooters be 78 they should be above 100.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Wow, sniper dominating as the most used weapon for every ship class. Sad to see :(

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Again...its not about nerfing anything anymore. Its about buffing. The underused boats in every meta. Nitemare, ace, etc. Is enforcer, fixer, and defender. Those should receive buffs.

13. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

Mk5 enforcer needs some love for sure. Devs should do something to reduce the number of shooters in Ace and even below it(master).
    Sniper cannon used more than BT on speeder ? Hard to believe this.

Great job in putting this all up for Ace league.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

....and that's what it is. You know why peeps choose a rare t3 snipe over a rare t3 bt? When it crits, both of them do the same amount of damage. Lol.

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

And what is wrong with a Carronade buff?

This is clearly evidence that it is nearly useless at these infamies.

17. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Could you do another one soon?

18. TheAntiSnipe

I think enfo needs this buff at mk5:
    Current:3R(3 slots) 4Y(2 slots) 2B(2 slots)

Proposed:3R(2 slots) 4Y(3 slots) 2B(2 slots)

By my computation, this WON'T make it akin to a mk6 speeder since it won't be able to carry a big shield and bandage, both of which make the mk6 "unsinkable" as said by many. Also, it has low speed. I believe that this will reinforce the enfos tanking role in the game.

Rainbow Warrior and Mr. Chompers like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm confused as to the intention of the enforcer other than "a balanced boat." Removing a weapon slot at MK5 makes it as offensive as a Speeder. Having 2B forces sacrifice of HP or speed something that even the Speeder doesn't have to sacrifice. I'm not sure I see that adding a yellow slot makes up for it. The most common suggestion that seems to have the most agreement is not to change slot allocations but to move a Y to a B, because 4Y's with 2 slots is a waste and then one could equip a big shield.

20. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Umm no thanks. I've been scrapping almost all the 2 point weapons I got, because I needed them for parts and I knew I couldn't use them once I get mk5 as an enforcer main. And if this happens, it will be cool ,but I will also be disappointed. Also, what will happen to the 3rd weapon of the already existing mk5 enforcer users, when you remove the slot?