1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think that’s absolutley what should happen. Long range snipers shouldn’t be permitted such a powerful shot range hit, without spending any slots (at all) on short range weapons.

Another possibility would be to reduce the amount you can lead the sniper shot, or have it reduce turret speed. That would make it harder to hit targets that are close, and would give ships a realistic chance of defending against the shot by keeping moving.

If you’re stationary then fair enough, you probably deserve to get sniped, but if you’re actively trying to avoid it then it shouldn’t be so easy. I often get hit mid Nitro which is rediculous.

Zusay and Shadow Moon! like this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. But the consistency is too damn high that is what is causing uproar from all players. I use sniper I have crit chance of 37.5% and sometimes I crit 3 shots in a row 3k plus damage in 3 shots, without being in range. I call that not balanced. My suggestion is to cap crit chance make it dependent on skill and luck like frost torp.

Zusay likes this.
  3. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

i have barely ever seen blast cannon crit, like only today did i see it crit a lot, somehow it doubled in damage lol

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Suggest your ideas before grim repair arrives tho:D

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We are being constructive, unabusive and there's no name calling. Civilized thread=no thread moderation.

Zusay likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Oh the scary grim hammer :confused:

A55A51N, Zusay and Babablacksheep like this.
  7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Bingo. This is a great bit of feedback and a nice, polite summary of why people are having trouble with Sniper Cannon.

And as a Sniper user myself, I agree that it's missing the close-range drawback. Nerfing crits at close range similar to Railgun damage falloff makes a lot of sense to me, as I've had matches where literally every shot but one has been a crit for 1K+.

I'll bring this up with the dev team.

8. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

happy to also hear comments from sniper users! and btw grats on the MVP, great choice by rovio!!!

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Or there can just be a arming range like torpedoes to bring crit chance in play and no critical hit at point blank range which is how snipers should work.
    Blast it uselss beyond some range so should be sniper at point blank range.

A55A51N and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

actually i prefer the idea with the railgun damage, don´t think that cannons should have a minimum arming range :)

11. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

Angree. Most people using sniper, so it is overused. It is really unfair that we have to fight against the majority.

12. Shadow Moon!

Arming range for crit chance but not damage. Say 20 and beyond you can get crit hit less than that no critical hit just normal damage.

The Otherguy and FirnenAhead like this.
  13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'll just add that in my crit-filled game, all but one of those crits had a LOT of travel time on them; a close-range % nerf wouldn't have changed things much. But from what I'm hearing, people have less of an issue with the long-range impact and more of a problem with those crits still raining down once the distance is closed.

ThatOnion and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Another blast cannon user who wants his blast cannon stronger than sniper. Lol

15. ViscountSniffit

Here are two examples of me being hit by snipers mid Nitro. I didn’t even have to search for these, they’re just readily available in the handful of games I’ve recorded.

A4B7EEF9-ADC8-4358-93DD-7B5D21878D3A.png
    794BD38A-D4FF-48A9-A0FC-04D0D1C3FD98.png

This just proves how the whole ‘keep moving’ argument is flawed, when even 300% speed isn’t fast enough. Yet I’m expected to play with a huge hp reduction compared to shooters, for a measly .3 speed. Which is absolutely no defence at all against the most popular gun in the game... which also has a huge chance to crit for 1000+ damage.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Joey who

You act as if you're going to be that far away all game. You're going to run up close eventually or am I wrong?

17. ViscountSniffit

It ‘should’ be stronger. It has less range, less speed/accuracy. There should be adequate compensation for that in terms of power, that’s balance.

But the crit chance more than makes up for it. At Level 40 rare, two sniper shots (1 crit) is about 1500 damage. That’s significantly more than my L40 BC can do in two shots, with half the range, and a much slower projectile speed.

The Otherguy and A55A51N like this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here? In both shots I am just trying to get away as fast possible. But there is no escape.

19. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

please keep your comments on the topic, I value your comments but this thread is definitely not about my blast cannon, I am not asking to make it stronger. Sniper is overpowered and that´s a fact. And for sure i don´t see a reason why a sniper should be easier to hit, have longer range and deal higher damage even on non burning targets (50% of the time) than a blast cannon combined with burn damage.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Joey who

That is a false statement. Please review the hundreds of threads on this exact topic. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.