1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Which ships need buffs? [Poll restarted]

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Joey who, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Which boats need buffs?

1. Shooter

9.8%
  2. Speeder

23.5%
  3. Enforcer

11.8%
  4. Defender

51.0%
  5. Fixer

43.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

As you are already using enforcer maybe stick to it and try different gears like flair plus bc or frost plus torp or frost plus berta. Being enforcer you maybe used to yellow items so try and build speeder its great ship but takes time to get used to it maybe you'll drop some points but surely you'll enjoy it.

2. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Ok cool thank you. I'm talking about a mk5 fixer vs mk5 enforcer. With my mk5 enforcer I just use two overboost yellow items because of how slow the ship is we die too fast when we have frost launch or Tesla bolt.

3. Shadow Moon!

Try dropping one ob and use some other gear I'm sure you will get used to it. I dropped like 500 points learning frost plus torp but eventually I got hang of it. Every new thing takes time to learn and master it. I always find changing gear works for me when I get stuck at certain point.

4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well now when you pointed my vote out, I'd like to explain why I voted so.

As you all know, Shooters are pretty strong at any ship mk, tbh, it is the most powerful at all marks. Ships like Speeder depend on their supporting items, even when left alive alone. Stun (and tesla shield at higher ranks) is/are a must as you won't survive with only two guns against these damage dealer beasts. You can't say Speeder is overpowered and imo two nerfs in a row was too harash. Never mentioning lower mk Speeders as they sure are underpowered (before mk 3 only one gun as others has 2-3). Then again, yes I know speed must cost you something, like a gun or two, but you can't say for example hp and speed nerfs BOTH were needed. Sure take some hp out for exchange of speed but do not take our overboost times. (To devs: Yes, I am still annoyed about that nerf! :mad:)

Why I voted Speeder needs buff? -- To get some attention that we speeders WITHOUT epic shields worth of thousands of hp points are really vulnerable and we would like to get some more hp. Especially Speeders mk 5 and below. Mk 6 (as I am) sure, 4,5k is quite okay but still dying with one big torp t5 legend. If you're going to keep Speeders as they are now, please nerf those big legend guns dealing over 4,5k damage as it ain't fair! :eek:

Hmm, almost forgot. Yes, I do think Enforcer needs buff more than Speeder. Maybe more basic speed just to be able to do enfo-dancing again. Now overboost is too short for that. But the point was to draw attention to Speeders too as Enfo is taking quite much attention already :)

And what comes to Fixers -- Yes, too low self heal at rare stuff but with epic t4+ (means legends t1+ too of course), it is too high to give even 75% back. Those Fixers are almost immortal so I find Fixers now fine when they have epics in their fixing gear. (Just FYI, I am thinking to build Fixer someday when I have rare t5 or better stuff build for it but at the moment I can't even upgrade that stuff over t2 so I can't test Fixer properly :oops:)

What Shooter did to become the Queens and Kings of the bay? -- Complained about Speeders of course. --> Our turn :p
    ^^(NOTE: THAT LAST LINE IS A JOKE IF SOMEONE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND!)

Last edited: 15 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

You raise fine points, aslong as we ignore the fact that speeders holds the highest average infamy of all classes at Nightmare level (and this is despite the fact that the % of speeders that are legendary users is low).

We also need to ignore that fixers have the lowest average infamy and that its pretty common to see a top 50 with 0-2 Fixers (as compared to a constant 40%+ of speeders).

For the recorder, I also main speeder.

6. TheRedSpeeder

Well we can't stare only top lists, can we ;)
    Anyway I do not take those top lists with my analyze so with that part, yes it lacks of something. Sorry if this caused you headache.

Althought it is my opinion as a nightmare speeder with 4,5k hp. I do not say there is no strong speeders but hey, there's quite many strong defenders and shooters now too, right?
    What comes to fixer part, as I said, I haven't been able to try it out so please do not judge my comment as it is made by spectating from side :)

7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Why are we discussing 1v1 on Fixer at all? It's not a 1v1 ship. It's entire job on the field is to make sure the 1v1 never happens. That's what a healer does.
    Only Frost Blaster, not Launcher, gives the 50% heal debuff. If the other thread asking about Feelix builds is any indication, most Fixers don't even build the anti-Frost buff on Bolt because it conflicts with a better option.

8. disorder

disorder Active Member

yellow boat MK6 can nearly stop all heal.
    flaregun : reduce 30% heal,
    frostblaster : reduce 50% heal
    teslabolt: stop heal. (and all 3 power are good for "yellow boat"
    so in 1V1 i think yellow boat win against fixer.

but i'm happy to see that majority think enforcer need a little up

Earel, Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  9. CARRONADE

CARRONADE New Member

You can't say it like that because the enforcer has 3 yellow slots and 4 slot points at mk5. you can put a tesla shield, overboost and tesla bolt which makes the ship pretty versatile and is able to move back and forth VERY fast. The enforcer can dodge countless shots with its mobility and still has THREE weapons to shoot others while undercover.

10. CARRONADE

CARRONADE New Member

I am replying as a speeder user. A speeder easily sinks a defender, shooter and fixer. Why? Speeders have yellow slots which means we have tesla bolts. At epic level 10 and very little talents and 2 uncommon perks, it stuns an enemy for 7.6 seconds. Furthermore, Speeders usually use burst damage weapons like blast canon, explosive canon, sniper canon and big torpedo. This means that we do high damage to the enemy while they can't shoot at us back. I'm a mk5 speeder with epic t1 weapons, rare t3 overboost and forst blaster, epic t1 tesla bolt, rare t4 turbo, epic t1 big shield. I sit at 3300HP and I easily sink a 8k hp defender 1v1. My blast canon does 370 damage to defenders and torpedo+forst blaster combo only does 900-1000 damage to defenders. Guess what? I win ALL THE TIME and I'm at Ace II. This means that speeders can get one to high ranks with the correct skills. The speeder does not need a hp or speed buff. A rare t5 turbo with 1 epic perk and 2 rare perks can get you to speed 1.7 .

11. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Mk5 enforcer has only 2 yellow slots with 4 points.

Babablacksheep and The Otherguy like this.
  12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Why not give 1 more yellow slot point to enforcer and 1 blue to defender? Shooter already has 12, speeder is already bs ship and fixers are too risky. So yeah, more slot points for both.

Last edited: 16 Sep 2017
  13. Shadow Moon!

I'm not against buffing enforcer but I urge devs to look into fixers, especially looking at decreased number of fixers above mk5 level. That's all

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. TheRedSpeeder

Hmm, okay, guess what? If you "easily sink" those ships, why aren't you at ace 1? Simple: Defenders and shooters will learn a lot between those leagues and ace 1 shooters and defenders are playing smarter than than ace 2 (everyone can probably see why but I'll tell you anyway, because those ace 1 ships are higher for reason).

I'm playing speeder if you didn't happen to understand and yes, I do sink a lot of defenders and shooters with 9-18k hp and yet I still have that 4,5k hp which drops by two shots tops when there's legend items in game. So yea, skill matters, I'll give you that but I am not commenting because of that. I did comment because it seems rediculous to lose 1st speed then 2nd hp. Anyway one speeder can't take out whole team of shooters and defenders if those stick together. Lonely ships are like snacks to us so that is probably why you "sink easily" defenders.

Please re-read why I commented in the first place and don't jump into conversation without catching up first as this case seems like that way to me (it seems you're ignoring my comment before that one you quoted)

Babablacksheep and The Otherguy like this.
  15. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

After all those hard slapping enfo nerf, devs decided to finally buff it again (probably). So are you going to revive the quick reverse enforcers? @Miika

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I don't think they would, cus that helps enforcers glitch out mid-range shots but I think another red slotpoint or a blue slotpoint would be added in exchange for a yellow slot point, or something else perhaps

17. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Adding a red slot point would make enforcer too powerful (I don’t mind it actually :D), but if the devs ever want to redistribute the slot points, turn a yellow slot point into a blue one would make the most sense for MK5 enforcer. As for now I don’t think there are many mk5 enforcers out there who fully utilise all the 4 yellow slot points because to do so you have to use only Tesla shield and frost launcher.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Would be a welcome change(specific for mk5), however a generalized update which helps all mks is also needed.

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be that big a change. Maybe just a change for variety but even after that the ship would still be weak.

20. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

didnt see anything about enforcer here bunta,or do you think that it is also"balanced" cause i and many would strongly disagree