1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I use something else for my new MK 5 Fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ultrah, 27 Aug 2017.

1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

IMG_4574.PNG
    Just got it today! .0.

Should I use it the way it is? I'll attach that EpicRepair Bolt, but is there something I should change? That second Rare Standard Shield is maxed at lvl 10, btw.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Missiles were the first epic items I received and I got frustrated with trying to get them to hit, they always overshoot

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Greens, you're pretty well set with your plan of pulse/box/bolt. Blues as well, although it's a shame you've got the parts and sugar tied up in 2x Lvl10 shields. If you pull another one, that might make for a tough choice as to how to proceed, but a Lv10 Epic is close to a Lv20 Rare, at least I think.

Reds - If the missiles are working out well for you, you've definitely got the spares to level them up quite a bit. That Epic Big Torp would sure ruin someone's day to get hit by though.

Yellows, I find Overboost to be better than Nitro, but if you've got a lot of resources into yours, stick it out.

Ultrah likes this.
  4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I have a quick side question. Do you spend all your pearls on captain training?

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Personally, I've used pearls a couple times to get an over-capacity upgrade early. Bought inventory to 35 slots, and now I'm just stockpiling so I can use them as an emergency measure: "In case of Epic Sniper Perk in shop, break glass."

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Lol whoops. Shoulda quoted ultrah. It's just odd to see an mk5 with lvl 10 items and I was wondering where all the resources are going. Inventory is very important and his does look like it has a lot of space though.

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I know you were addressing OP, just wanted to throw in my opinion. As to why he's running Lvl 10 items, I'm going to guess "really bad luck with RNG" ;)

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

He has items on what I assume is his main boat that aren't maxed out so I'd say it's probably not rng's fault

9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Yea, just add bolt and switch nitro to overboost and you're pretty much standard. It's what I run as MK5 Fixer.

Ultrah likes this.
  10. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

No, I recently saved up for a 3900 crate, so that's where it all went. I never use pearls for Captains or refresh stores. Only on more space and another 3900 pearl Crates. :)

11. Aamos

Aamos New Member

I would change that nitro to teslabolt, otherwise looks good to go. Though that shield could use better perks.

12. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I started off using tesla bolts but I found that my teammates would often get in the way because I'm always behind them.

Ultrah likes this.
  13. Aamos

Aamos New Member

Yeah, with fixer that is a problem. I use frost blaster with my mk4 fixer and it works for my playstyle. I feel that I participate more when I freeze opponents and my team can then shoot them. But everyone has their own style and I think there is no best gear that everyone should use if they want to win.

Ultrah likes this.
  14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Setup looks good, I'd certainly stick to Nitro or Overboost at that level -- Get that epic bolt to lvl 10 & equip it! That thing actually does decent healing already at that level. Leveling Repair Box seems like a nobrainer given the items you've acquired, I hope you manage to luck into some pulses though.
    I'd recommend looking for +% healing perks, rather than cd reduction.

Ultrah likes this.
  15. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already leveled up that uncommon Healing Pulse, hoping to get the next duplicate.
    Sucks too, I had a Tier 3 uncommon one, but I scrapped it once I got that rare one. Wish I could have it back...

16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

And here's the update of my setup! I still need those rare parts.

IMG_4680.PNG

17. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

Looks good. One little thing, for the long term I wouldnt focus on cooldown perks though, since a MK6 Fixer has 6 items to activate ingame (2 weapons, 1 yellow, 3 green). I think at that point, cooldown is a non-issue :)

Ultrah likes this.
  18. The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin New Member

I didn't think about that with the cool down perks. Good idea. I'll start looking for more healing perks to replace them when I finally get my MK6.

19. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Consider Duct Tapes
    You will be alive longer to heal your team

Example of self healing at 114hp/sec

Ultrah likes this.