1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I use something else for my new MK 5 Fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ultrah, 27 Aug 2017.

1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

IMG_4574.PNG
    Just got it today! .0.

Should I use it the way it is? I'll attach that EpicRepair Bolt, but is there something I should change? That second Rare Standard Shield is maxed at lvl 10, btw.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Missiles were the first epic items I received and I got frustrated with trying to get them to hit, they always overshoot

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Greens, you're pretty well set with your plan of pulse/box/bolt. Blues as well, although it's a shame you've got the parts and sugar tied up in 2x Lvl10 shields. If you pull another one, that might make for a tough choice as to how to proceed, but a Lv10 Epic is close to a Lv20 Rare, at least I think.

Reds - If the missiles are working out well for you, you've definitely got the spares to level them up quite a bit. That Epic Big Torp would sure ruin someone's day to get hit by though.

Yellows, I find Overboost to be better than Nitro, but if you've got a lot of resources into yours, stick it out.

Ultrah likes this.
  4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I have a quick side question. Do you spend all your pearls on captain training?

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Personally, I've used pearls a couple times to get an over-capacity upgrade early. Bought inventory to 35 slots, and now I'm just stockpiling so I can use them as an emergency measure: "In case of Epic Sniper Perk in shop, break glass."

6. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Lol whoops. Shoulda quoted ultrah. It's just odd to see an mk5 with lvl 10 items and I was wondering where all the resources are going. Inventory is very important and his does look like it has a lot of space though.

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I know you were addressing OP, just wanted to throw in my opinion. As to why he's running Lvl 10 items, I'm going to guess "really bad luck with RNG" ;)

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

He has items on what I assume is his main boat that aren't maxed out so I'd say it's probably not rng's fault

9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Yea, just add bolt and switch nitro to overboost and you're pretty much standard. It's what I run as MK5 Fixer.

Ultrah likes this.
  10. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

No, I recently saved up for a 3900 crate, so that's where it all went. I never use pearls for Captains or refresh stores. Only on more space and another 3900 pearl Crates. :)

11. Aamos

Aamos New Member

I would change that nitro to teslabolt, otherwise looks good to go. Though that shield could use better perks.

12. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I started off using tesla bolts but I found that my teammates would often get in the way because I'm always behind them.

Ultrah likes this.
  13. Aamos

Aamos New Member

Yeah, with fixer that is a problem. I use frost blaster with my mk4 fixer and it works for my playstyle. I feel that I participate more when I freeze opponents and my team can then shoot them. But everyone has their own style and I think there is no best gear that everyone should use if they want to win.

Ultrah likes this.
  14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Setup looks good, I'd certainly stick to Nitro or Overboost at that level -- Get that epic bolt to lvl 10 & equip it! That thing actually does decent healing already at that level. Leveling Repair Box seems like a nobrainer given the items you've acquired, I hope you manage to luck into some pulses though.
    I'd recommend looking for +% healing perks, rather than cd reduction.

Ultrah likes this.
  15. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already leveled up that uncommon Healing Pulse, hoping to get the next duplicate.
    Sucks too, I had a Tier 3 uncommon one, but I scrapped it once I got that rare one. Wish I could have it back...

16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

And here's the update of my setup! I still need those rare parts.

IMG_4680.PNG

17. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

Looks good. One little thing, for the long term I wouldnt focus on cooldown perks though, since a MK6 Fixer has 6 items to activate ingame (2 weapons, 1 yellow, 3 green). I think at that point, cooldown is a non-issue :)

Ultrah likes this.
  18. The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin New Member

I didn't think about that with the cool down perks. Good idea. I'll start looking for more healing perks to replace them when I finally get my MK6.

19. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Consider Duct Tapes
    You will be alive longer to heal your team

Example of self healing at 114hp/sec

Ultrah likes this.