1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenade needs change

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by You dont need to know, 5 Mar 2019.

?

Do Grenades need some change?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. I did not listen to the purpose of this thread and would like to neutralize my vote.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It’s just a swift torp with lower cooldown, typically lower cooldown items are a bit useless when you already have 4 or 5 other items ready to be used, but I could certainly find a place for it on a ship ;)
    And yes I love all items equally :p

HAPPY SITHSHA and Nikkie! like this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Don't mind me, just jumping on the bandwagon...
    Just recently started using nade's and managed to T5 my epic rather quickly, gotta say I love it!
    As someone who mainly used cannons coming up, the ability to fire over obstacles definitely outweighs the "RnG" damage factor.

3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

My tritorp/grenade speeder was a 5k infamy ship. Just saying..

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One of my troll builds has a near 100% W/L in the Event but suuuuucks in Ranked or casual:D

I don't consider builds to be OP if they aren't hyper-versatile. Your build, as I have seen, does not hold up against sustained duels with speeders... Though you ARE a NIGHTMARE with the nade hits.

HAPPY SITHSHA and Nikkie! like this.
  5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Who said OP?
    I think my point was possibly not 'total crap' ;)

6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol this kid is sounding like an angry midget attacking people for commenting cos thier opinions are different
    Lol you don’t need to know but, I spend very little time playing games and haven’t spent much money on BB at all
    And where’s your comment even directed? I wasn’t arguing that grenades are op at all lol I was giving my opinion as to why it’s crit rate shouldn’t be nerfed
    And this again is just my opinion but, grenades for me are much more fun then other weapons because of how they work

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Okay, I'll take that :p
    Not total crap

HAPPY SITHSHA, Stelmo and Nikkie! like this.
  8. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

Yes, some things get crap at that level but most get op

9. You dont need to know

Guys, I think you lost the point of this thread here. I’m not attacking you in any way. I’m not saying grenades are necessarily bad ( which they might or might not be ) I’m making this thread because grenades could be a lot more fun to use if they had some of the atributes that grenades have in real life. If you thought this thread was used to tell people if grenades need to be better or worse then go make your own thread about that and neutralize your vote. And please stop replying off topic ( especially about torpedoes ).

10. You dont need to know

I never said anything about crit rates or damage. Go back and read the purpose of this thread or read my previous comment.

Last edited: 12 Mar 2019
  11. You dont need to know

I’m sorry, you are constantly “attacking” me. Go back and read what the purpose of this thread was. This was never meant to be an argument about whether grenades are good or not, I was stating that grenades could be a lot more fun if they were a lot more realistic. I never said anything about damage or crit rates, ( except the time in the beginning were I said to lower the damage so it won’t be over powered if the changes happen ) I simply said that if we change grenades in the right way, they’ll be a lot more fun to use.

12. Vivace

Vivace New Member

What do you think is the better quality of mortars(3 of 1point mortars) than what grenade has?
    Damage? Nope
    Projectile speed? Nope
    Range? In most cases, no
    Convenience? Nope

Grenade is my one of favourtie weapon cus it's damn op now. Grenade just need a big range nuff.

13. Djradnad

B03D279B-27C9-4883-8C39-DFE48A06CEE9.png D9FE63B5-9F21-4386-8E48-1A5C10E34E84.png 9FCC3D32-CC48-4E6B-8265-BE91964DF9C3.gif B8B8B327-59C9-4595-B654-AC99D94FAD6A.png C7F0B5D6-B596-47B8-88EA-79D9C225CF1C.png
    It’s pathetic to see you grasp for straws to try proving your point, without even hiding your bias.

“Range? In most cases,no” hahaha whatever that means!!
    You didn’t even mention the cooldown or radius.

Anyways, here are some stats I have for you.. unfortunately I don’t have them all t5 with dmg perks to compare but this should suffice just comparing stats since they are fully trained..
    My grenade perks are reach and strike
    My mortar perks are reach.
    I also have the grenade and std mortar on my enfo with a brutal perk, and did a match to show you the actual dmg of my mortar with frost which you may have forgotten. Grenade does leave them open for fire dmg usually. Just everything on the table for reference I have to offer.

HAPPY SITHSHA and This Is Me like this.
  14. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Question is does it really need that ? Cuz Grenade is already in the risk of being nerfed or it should be at least anyway.
    The total Dmg of grenade with fire is crazy for a 1-slot weapon

HAPPY SITHSHA and Djradnad like this.
  15. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

You still have to get good at hitting people more or less dead on with it, which is typically quite a bit harder than most other weapons.

HAPPY SITHSHA and VantaBlack like this.
  16. Djradnad

The radius used to be much smaller.. now even if you miss the direct hit it’s gonan hurt them.. I certainly do think it needs a tiny dmg nerf (less than 10%) but so do all cannons and flare :/

HAPPY SITHSHA and Reorge like this.
  17. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Omg.. you know the 20 range is long enough to shoot anywhere on the map. Right
    And that 3000dmg with frost + direct hit bonus.. LUL
    Use it well instead of nade. I'll cheer for you lul

18. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    You mean lul as in lol, right?o_O

HAPPY SITHSHA and Djradnad like this.
  19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Range of 20 good enough to hit anywhere on map? Huh?

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I think maybe you should go back and read through? My original comment about damage and crit wasn’t in response to something you said lol your aware that after creating a thread there can be multiple conversations with multiple people right?
    That part of my txt was in response to something someone else said about grenades being op and needing crit rate nerfed think it was Warhawk (Nicolas) maybe