1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I get some tips for Fixer??

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Peeks, 20 Feb 2019.

1. Peeks

Peeks New Member

I started playing Fixer and I'm in love with it. Jw if someone experienced with Fixers could give me some tips on it.
    • Loadout
    • Maneuvers
    • Strats
    • Anything else (lol)
    Hope someone can help me out with this :D

Last edited: 20 Feb 2019
  2. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

3. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I barely play fixer but I pickup some of these by observing good fixers I play with/against:
    - Weapons: those that can shoot over your team/ break bubbles/ control/ give u higher view... (railgun, mine, flare, napalm, firebomb, missle, carronade...), should at least 1 direct one
    - if u get chased always run to team and call out target
    - if u have a tape and ur team dont have speedy ship, u should do a little scout if other team dont have more than 1 yellow ship
    - do dmg often, dont let em out gun then corner your team
    - fleet with a dmg main (shooter, interceptor) or protector (enfo, guardian)
    - shouldnt chase your team yellow ship to heal, they need to come to u
    - avoid being stunned, mined, torped
    - a bolt w event perk could save the game
    - take cover, if u do it well they wont even see u in the field
    - good music for better mood

Last edited: 20 Feb 2019
    Peeks likes this.
  4. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    “Strategies

Tactic One: move with friends. The Fixer is surprisingly stout and can move in to take part in active combat. Best practice is to manage your healing slot and damage slot cooldowns in order to keep friendlies up and contribute damage to unfriendlies.

Tactic Two: rush the capture point. Because of its slot layout and health the Fixer can move to the point at the beginning of the round and act as a deterrent. This also gives friendlies a fixed point to rally to for repairs.

Considerations: Initial engagements indicate that a sniper fit gives the Fixer a noticeable advantage. A smart unfriendly team will mark the Fixer as primary target, since it can most likely heal itself and others.

Overview:

The Fixer isn't very good at lower levels, because you have a high limitation of weapons. Instead, your main focus as a Fixer is to heal and keep your teammates alive via green repairing items. You shouldn't be the one to scout ahead and wedge yourself into a fight. Never do that. It'll get yourself killed much quicker by opposing Defenders, Shooters (One of the real dangers to the Fixer), and even Speeders and high health Enforcers and Fixer. This is especially risky should you be fighting a smart enemy team, where that tactic could cost your team a chance for victory. Smarter teams usually try to target Fixers, meaning they are very, very, very dangerous threats to a Fixer. However, here are some item choices and strategies to make sure you don't get killed very early on.

Item Choices:

Slots: (Read slots and slot points.)

Strategies: MK1: Equip a one-slot point weapon (good recommendations are Carronades, Blast Cannons, and Long Range Mortars), and any green item of your choice. For blue items I would highly recommend a Standard Shield because it will keep you alive much longer, but you can also use Turbo.

MK2: Keep that one slot point weapon and that other combo at MK1, then equip a yellow item of your choice. Some recommendations are Tesla Bolt, Nitro, Overboost, and Frost Blaster.

MK3: Okay, NOW you can switch that one-slot point weapon for a two-slot point weapon Napalm Launchers, Triple Torpedoes, Explosive Cannons, and Missile Launchers are highly recommended at this point, but Railguns are also useful, as well as the Big Berta, Big Torpedo, and Fire Bomb. Don't be hindered by an item's slow cooldown. At a lower MK ship, offense isn't a primary concern for you, so typically you won't have to worry about dealing consistent damage. An interesting red slot item choice for MK3 would be a Napalm Launcher because of its insane crowd control. A well-placed napalm can turn the tables of a game.

MK4: Alright, if you were talking about that Turbo back there, it's all right now. With the second blue slot, you can play around with your Standard Shield and Turbo all you want. At MK4, the Fixer starts to take a turn in its defensive role. A shield-Turbo is perfectly fine, but a double Standard Shield combo is good as well. Just be aware of the reduced speed. With an Overboost, should be fine, however, it's possible to play Fixer like Defender. Big and slow, but boy, when you get into position, you are one heck of an opponent. In that case, you might want to think about using a Tesla Bolt, as it's more combat oriented.

MK5: The Fixer has now unlocked its full potential of repairing. The third green slot is going to be helpful when the time comes. Not a particularly strong ship, but one that has its potential. Repair Pulse-Repair Bolt-Repair Box Launcher is a good fit at this point.

MK6

At this point, you should really be playing a middle-ground role, healing and damaging equally, as your repairing items have hopefully been leveled up to a very high quality, able to withstand the nastiest barrages of firepower. Still, don't necessarily take your chances. Anyways, a Fixer that can deal damage and heal at the same time is an amazing teammate and something to work towards for sure. If you don't feel comfortable being a fighter yet, then perhaps pick a more defensive set of items. A nice weapon choice in general would be a Napalm Launcher and a Missile Launcher, OR a Blast Cannon. OR a Missile Launcher AND a Blast Cannon, with maybe a Tesla Bolt, as the Tesla Bolt is useful in combat, and a Missile Launcher and Blast Cannon combo is particularly aggressive. The Napalm Launcher is primarily for crowd control, though. Maybe you could use a Mine, if you're more defense-oriented.

MK7:

Same strategy.

DPS Fixer: A Fixer that focuses on self healing, and, as the name suggests, DPS. As a DPS Fixer, it is able to take a lot of damage and still heal. DPS Fixers focus on items like Duct Tape and Repair Box Launchers.

DPS Fixer: Although many players dislike the "DPS Fixer", it is known to be a very powerful build. A common build includes Duct Tape. One max legendary Duct Tape (with Feelix's boost) can heal a total of 1944 hit points on one activation. A Fixer can equip three of them. Only one has a heal rate of 194.4 per second.

Unless a weapon has a DPS of nearly 200+, and every shot hits, the Fixer is practically invincible, even with one activation.

And that is not including max level legendary bandages, with the boosts from Sinklair and Feelix.

A decent weapon is recommended.”

Found this on Battle Bay wikipedia, altough those MK’s aren’t relevant anymore :)

I’m not sure or I’m an “experienced fixer” :)

I have a few setups I run:
    Bolt + double pulse
    For this setup you can fix the people that are close to you very good, but people that are further are more difficult to fix:)
    Bolt + duct tape + pulse
    With this setup you can fix yourself pretty good, people that lie around you and people further away a little less, but still good:)
    Sometimes:
    Triple bolt (for fixing others, stay BEHIND your team!)
    Double pulse, duct tape (for when I’m too lazy to aim my bolt, or for when I need all my time to deal damage (for quests)

That about the green items, I’ll move to the weapons:)

My weapons are generally low level, but I have a few leveled up:)

Weaponcombo’s I use often:
    Carronade + Swift torpedo
    Carronade + Firebomb
    Carronade + Sniper
    Swift torp + Firebomb
    Sometimes I change these for personal quests:)
    (I’m in love with carronade :p, because you can get boats (like speeders:mad:) very fast down (if they don’t run away :p)) It’s a very good idea to take also a long range weapon:)

I hope this is useful for you:)

HAPPY SITHSHA, Peeks and X•H!B!T like this.
  5. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I'm not a fixer main but I started playing fixer some time ago and TBH it's more fun than I thought it would be. (I'm a speeder main who got stuck with a shooter and didn't know what to do with it:oops:)

As I'm not a pro fixer yet and since you have started recently like me I can suggest a couple of loadouts.

First is sneaky fixer.
    Weapons: mine and railgun
    Why railgun?: To give u a lot of time to focus on fixing and not running around killing everyone.
    With railgun you have a lot of time to focus on game play between shots and keep an eye out for weak players. Also you can prioritize fixing cos if you are left alone you'll sink in seconds. Secondly railgun is good for popping bubbles. See a speeder flanking? Fire off that railgun and call out the flanker for your team. It also gives you a good chance to clean up any low hp straddlers if you have a good aim.

Why mines? Well even after the nerf mines are still very effective. Psychologically and strategy wise you can't get anything better. You wouldn't believe how many players straight up refuse to go near a mine even if it's a level 1 cos you never know it could be a tier 5 epic waiting to happen. :D
    Also also, mines are a good way to halt any charging unfriends. Pop a few if you are getting pushed hard and see the boats turning away to avoid getting trapped between a mine and your team. Placement will be the key here. It's best to drop the mines near your teams location or block off any flanking routes and retreat for some heals.

Fixing setup: 1 Tesla bolt and 2 repair pulses for that high impact healing. It will also remind you to stay close to you team since you can't heal from a distance. It's fun to use and it will keep the heals on you and your team going. I'm using an epic t3 and rare t3 and the heals are crazy. I've played 600 battles only and I have 4million heals on the repair pulses already.

For yellows OB is better than nitro imo. You can pop those double heals while on OB and its good enough to get you back into cover and use that bolt from a safe distance or for some poor soul who wants to give you a lifesaver medal. :p
    Finally for blues, pretty simple, tons of hit points (epic standard shield is good enough but rare will do just as well) and a turbo is a must have.

Second one is the "I don't heal" fixer.
    3 duct tapes if you are really annoyed and 2 duct tapes and a pulse if you are feeling a little forgiving.
    Reds will be high dps weapons whichever you have. Best setup imo will be to pop a flare to cut off the bandage (or another fixers heals) and over the time damage (+ bonus stars/coins;)) with a EC or a blast.
    If you want the satisfaction of hurting unfriends double carro or carronade/EC works just as well.
    Blues will be same as before, standard shield and a turbo with OB for yellow.

Let me know if you know of any other loadouts which you find effective. I'll try all of them if I can. Good luck.:)

Peeks likes this.
  6. Peeks

Peeks New Member

Thank your for your insight and your builds for fixer sound very fun and interesting!!:):)
    I'll have a image of my loadout so you can see what I'm running

Attached Files:

7. Peeks

Peeks New Member

Thank you very much! Outside tips are always great to hear:)

8. Peeks

Peeks New Member

This provided me with very useful tips so ig your hope came true;)

Nikkie! likes this.