1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I made infamy 0 and I get always battle star points 0.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by msc, 2 Dec 2018.

1. msc

msc Member

My leve is over 40
    Is this because I made infamy 0?

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

This is what's known as the infamy tanking penalty. If you drop a certain amount of infamy below your highest you lose your star rewards.

3. msc

msc Member

Hahaha

4. msc

msc Member

If I turn infamy back to its original state, does everything return to its original state?

JoshW likes this.
  5. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

How long did it took for you to lose so much infamy??

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I hope not. By intentional infamy dropping you have ruined so many battles for your teammates and grossly violated game rules so I hope you get banned before you have had time to climb back up.

Aether_Zero and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  7. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

DAMN u r cold hearted lol

8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Think about it, to get infamy all the way down to 0 he could've intentionally lost more than a hundred battles (of course depending how high he originally was). But hundred battles mean he ruined the game experience for 400 other players and that's definitely not cool. And he did all this so he could manipulate the matchmaker to give him easier opponents in the future and that again leads to more ruined experience for the low level opponents he could face. Who knows how many of those there would be until he had climbed back up.. Bad game experience for new players is the worst thing that can happen to Battle Bay now when the player base is shrinking and the community really needs every player we can get.

You can call me cold hearted but I actually care about the game and thus have no sympathy for these exploiters.

9. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Completely agree

10. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

I had a doubt. Does the infamy reset to 0 if a player quits the game for a long time and returns?

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It degrades over time, but probably not as fast as you think.

12. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Not that I want to encourage this type of thing because it is a total jerk thing to do if it’s Intentional, but from a purely numbers point of view they ruined a battle for 400 people but gave 500 an easier win.

Point about the new player experience is also completely valid.

13. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I know where you’re coming from, and you’re not wrong, but I still agree with @Sifa. While 500 players did get an easier win, I’d argue that their battle didn’t stick with them as much as the 400 that lost. Winning by steamrolling/a floater/or a tanker just doesn’t give you that sense of accomplishment. You know you won because the other team was handicapped, not because you pulled off a great move to ensure your teams victory. You don’t celebrate the victory, you just move on. Which is why there is no sympathy for tankers from me.

14. CaptNorCal

CaptNorCal New Member

This Tanking Penlaty is unfair to legitimate players like me. my 50 ship is slowed, my turret is slower, Cannot shot as fast, and I cannot get stars or points no matter how well I do in bat! BS game coders screwing us to the frustrating point to have to quit the game! I am a 2 year player and my Guild’s Leader, I use all weapons to help achieve Guild Quests with my members. Normally I am 2800 infamy, but a 2 weeks ago, during questing over a 24 hour period, I lost infamy all the way down to 1500! You would not believe the floaters, the unbalanced matches, and crap that lead to this.
    Now if I win a bat or get the most bat kills I alway place at the bottom of bat scoring, no stars, no pearls and little points. And worse yet, I cannot grind back up in Infamy, I am fffing trapped in the black hole of reduced ship speed agianst 45 to 47 level boats. I did NOT drop because I want to, I lost because of the game creates a huge disadvantage for advanced player that happens to drop infamy. I understand the need to penalize for dropping intentionally, but the lost ability to grind back up is unfair and stupid! I have 40 hours of bat time and cannot get over 1700 infamy, when I should be at 2800. What a horrible game experience. What can be done to let legitimate player like me have a chance to return to my infamy?

15. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Play like you did before, get your infamy up, and when you have guild quests do them in events. If you have the star quest just focus on that with your normal setup don’t try to use bad weapons in ranked for questing.

16. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Wait, are you saying your ship speed and other ship stats are reduced because of infamy tanking penalty? Sounds weird, I never heard that happening before. Are you sure about this? A new added penalty?

Aether_Zero likes this.
  17. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Was thinking that... Something's not adding up here. I was in the tanking zone myself a few weeks ago, but didn't notice any changes to ship or turret speeds, or any other mobility issues.

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

More legitimate players are getting caught in the tanking zone than ever before due to continuous events. It's a shame Rovio Product Management hasn't a clue.