1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

It's last week's highest activity and if there's no activity the week before, it's the average.

Babablacksheep and PastelPiku like this.
  2. I fix ur boats

I fix ur boats New Member

I'm a fixer better be worth it!!

Babablacksheep and PastelPiku like this.
  3. Ravindra Singh

Ravindra Singh New Member

U r improving guild rivalry.... tasks pattern... good
    U punish people who cheat and lower their infamy... good..
    But what about your poor match making... by which I come down to 2k from 3k.... even after getting 2 stars in matches.. i lost. . Its clear that u blocked us.. then in that case y rewards not given... we r not come to this level by choice but by ur match fixing pattern...
    It hurts double... 1st ubr loosing... even after doing everything right.. coz ur 4 teammates are super dumb... u have to win by playing 1 vs5
    2nd u r not also getting rewards for no reason..
    If u don't want us to play... say straight forward...
    But please dont be biased...
    U can see my matches .. and decide
    Hope u will look into thid matter..

PastelPiku and Ovidmikel like this.
  4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

I have to agree on being punished by rovios match making .I can frail with losing but having my reward cut when I playing hard ad I can every battle is unacceptable and make me want to quit the game. I stayed at 36 to 3800 infamy for over a month then all of the sudden I drop 1000 infamy and can't climb above 3000 to save my life all the while my reward cut. The only change in my setup was getting stronger although alot slow because of cut reward . heal almost 40 k do 5000 damage and get 0 stars and 10k gold is ridiculous . and that not at 2800 infamy seal clubbing its while fleeting and battling higher infamy .we get badges pop up in game showing nice shot team heal so how would it be so hard to tell if someone is rally battling or trying to tank infamy .. Put s floor on i fumy drop if you make 3000 ace you not drop below 3000 4000 don't drop below 4000 it would put an end to need for seal club penalty's because people couldn't tank and seal club . or at least be like it is. Being demoted from nightmare be demoted if at season end you haven't climbed above your floor . Its very frustrating and mote honest played are being penalized than clobbers im almost positive of . in my guild alone 5 or 6 are threatening to quit over reduce rewards and I assure you they battle as hard as possible every battle. And most stopped buying VIP over it and decided no mote spending period . that in my guild alone and it can't be were the only guild experiencing this and not one player but 1/4 of the guild anyhow listen or don't its yells revenue your killing

5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    We should look to rewarding players for staying at high infamy rather than punishing them for falling. The reward should be good enough to discourage intentional tanking. @TheAntiSnipe had a great idea of making better star crates for better leagues that require stars won in that league.

Imo the current star crate is perfect for Warrior league, the Challenger one should have no chance of yielding epics and rarely rares, while Master and up should give better chance at rare and epic. Ace should have an extremely slim chance of getting a legendary item piece and commons and uncommons should disappear from star crates around Ace or NM.

6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Yeah, I’ve been at ace for 4 months now, no special rewards, except 3 first place trophies

Ravindra Singh and PastelPiku like this.
  7. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xxxBISMARCKxxx and PastelPiku like this.
  8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Take a break for a week when you get extremely hard opponents, it will make matching easier the succeeding rivalry

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Looky here! Most liked update, ever! And probably even the most liked post on this forum! Yeah, sorry for the necro, but we need one more like this lol

10. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

14.4 EC? No thank you
    Removing Wayward roof? No thank you

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Lol classic bb forum post, always looking at the negatives

Wish I could like antisnipe’s post more than once

I also really liked the Valentine’s Day hearts that the fixers had

The Otherguy and Reorge like this.
  12. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Increase to EC CD was reasonable and so was removing the wayward roof. EC is still extremely highly used and very powerful. Alot of People were going mad when "wayward pains" was newly introduced cuz most of the mortar like weapon projectiles were getting blocked. So I don't know why it's so hard to deal with it

13. TheAntiSnipe

Maybe because it's a straight run to the enemy spawn in WP and speeders would, and still do, dominate. However, I hate the fact that it's a simple blind shot with a mortar on that map the moment the game starts, at spawn I mean.

Djradnad likes this.
  14. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Ya. The current wayward is bad because at the start of the match, within 2 seconds mortar circle spams everywhere.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

I like to think they did more right than wrong in this update though, compared to almost all the others. Wouldn't you say that?

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I hated this update, this was my worst day on Battle Bay. I ended up quitting the game for a month. This is also the day my posting style shifted from ‘mostly helpful’ to ‘mostly salty’. I’m still salty about this update!

Three reasons this updated sucked:

1. Tesla Bolt Nerfed by 7 Seconds!
    I understand that some people found Tesla Bolt annoying, but there are lots of things in the game that are ‘annoying’: Mines are a great example, Sniper crits are another great example. Those two things can literally ruin a game in an instant, yet they never got nerfed. Tesla Bolt was actually one of the few interesting and unique items in the game. It added a layer of strategy beyond just ‘who can spam the most damage’, and for that it received the single biggest nerf in Battle Bay history. This nerf killed Tesla Bolt, almost killed Speeder, opened the floodgates for Double Bubble Enforcers, and was also disproportionally harsh on lower level players.

2. EC cooldown nerf
    Okay, EC was admittedly very powerful, but at least it was powerful on all ship equally (Enforcer aside). This nerf skewed that balance, making EC painful to run on everything except Shooter. This is the complete opposite of what should have happened. Shooters don’t need a big burst damage weapon, they’ve got five guns, and never have any problem doing damage. After the nerf, Shooters are still able to run two (even three) ECs side by side, and do massive burst damage, without really being affected by the cooldown; while the other ships (the ships that actually need a big burst of firepower to compete), they ended up floating helplessly without a shot. It’s completely backwards.

3. The ruining of Wayward Pains
    Wayward Pains was one of the best updates ever! It’s an entirely different kind of map, that allows for more close ranged fighting, and its mere existence made people think twice about taking one-dimensional FB and Mortar spam builds, encouraging better weapon variety. I will agree that it needed opening up a bit, but this update took it from one extreme to the other. Now mortars are far too powerful, and virtually impossible to avoid in the confined spaces. It went from one of the best, most strategic, and unique maps, to a dumbed down pardise for spammers and campers.

So yeah, this update was awful. The worst update ever! and I’d like nothing more than to see it erased from existence. I hope we never see anything like it again! :mad:

17. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I'll just sit here. I liked the update, but it did have it's downsides, but nothing to get infuriated about. This is something I've learned during my time here; I shouldn't take this all too seriously because it's a game and it can change for the better at any point in time.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I'm on the verge of quiting if things don't get better.

19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Well from my view and many other players the removal of wayward pain's roof was desperately needed as mortar type weapons were nearly impossible to use in most places. I understand that mortars are quite hard to avoid there now, but they are still trickier to use them there compared to other maps, and this map is really narrow and has too many obstacles in it. It is more like poorly designed imo.

1. Imo Some kinda Tesla bolt nerf was needed but 7 secs increase to CD time all of a sudden was too far from being a necessary step. That was the day I stopped using that item. This update made TB a complete waste.
    2. Good point I agree that it left a harsh effect on boats except shooter who used EC. But balancing it with a lesser effect on other boat is quite trickier

Vile Kyle and ViscountSniffit like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

'course it was awful to you! Not one, but two of your items were nerfed, and one of them was nerfed to the ground. My reference to this update is not about all the nerfs that happened here, God knows we don't need any more of those(I had barely gotten my bolt to 10.4-second stun when it hit, and I scrapped that bolt btw)

My reference was to the "Quality of life" aspects of the update, which were really well-done. Off the top of my head, we all could use these:
    • Replay settings: 2x toggles, pause, slow-mo.
    • More details in profile: We could really use average trophy counts, at the very least. Guilds have become much more than what they were back in February, and as many have pointed out, it would really help newbie players find a place in guilds based on their merit.
    • A custom battle chat: This would really help people who wish to talk strategy, or talk trash, or whatever. We could use this functionality.