1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Big Shields?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by wcc634, 22 Oct 2018.

Tags:
  1. wcc634

wcc634 Member

This week I leveled my epic big shield high enough to replace the level 50 rare I’ve had forever. My question is whether there are any scenarios in which I would want to have both. It’s hard to believe the rare just became instantly useless, but what would I want to do with it? Other than get a bunch of parts and pieces for scrapping it, that is.

2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    The only scenario or ship would be defender, you can put 2 big shields and a turbo

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Of course now there is the promise of new ships that has the potential to make us regret every scrapped item.

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

rare items aren't useless now , my lvl 50 rare carro is better than my lvl 1 legendary Carro .

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, if you want a good setup, I'd say no. Not at all. Defenders do have the slots but it is better to equip two small shields instead of one extra Big shield. Scrap it if you want, that's what I ended up doing!

Rogue Blueberry and envylife like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There is no boat at any level that can equip 2 Big Shields without sacrificing an entire slot.

Rogue Blueberry and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that’s exactly what my thinking was, too. Fish’s point is a good one and does worry me a bit, but it’s hard to imagine any new ship being even tankier than a defender and accepting two big shields w/o leaving a slot open.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Such a scenario would require a ship with a blue configuration of 5BBB or similar, which would be rather unusual.

wcc634 and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  9. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Might be less unusual if they add another 2 point blue item at some point. Blue seems like a good place for a new item since we are down to just 4 after lube and rudder were removed (and unlike green, blue can be used on all ships). Now that the training has been restructured, new support items seem more feasible too.

Maybe under armour to protect against mines and torps (and maybe open up a new revenue stream for ad revenue).

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Any new 2pt Blue in that world would be a hard item to balance though - it would have to be strong enough to choose over Big Shield, but not so strong that running two of them in a hypothetical 5BBB ship configuration would make it overpowered.

11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
  12. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

Which is why the new hctdm is a bit irksome...

Fish likes this.
  13. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I should have waited to transmute my rudder. I evolve as many weapons as I can just to create an inventory slot. So when I hear the news of HCDM, I realised I shouldn't have scrapped my transmuted level 11 turbo. :mad:

Actually this update makes ypu want to regret every item you have scrapped because you need all of them.

14. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I guess we should have anticipated a new game mode to make us regret scrapping (for my part I have scrapped two legendary turbos in the past 6 months - probably could have found a place for them now lol)

CaffeinatedChris likes this.