1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with display after update

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Birddog4, 18 Oct 2018.

1. - 9527 -

- 9527 - New Member

Some problem. I can’t go anywhere, don’t say how to play the game. ROVIO are wasting my VIP. What are you gonna do to pay me back?
    Ps. I m using iPhone X

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

3. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I had the same issue on an old Ipad I use and I think I had it set to low res. So I deleted the app and reloaded it and everything was reloaded in high res and it works fine. Just an FYI in case this works for others.

4. AngryMightyShark

AngryMightyShark New Member

Is there any risk to loose all our progression data ?

5. Grey8

Grey8 New Member

I have the same issue on iPad... everything is shifted to the right. If you are lucky enough to get into a battle, the weapons are also shifted off the screen. You can only move the boat around and not shoot.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ensure you connect your account to facebook or one of the other options before you do it and you’ll be ok.

7. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Im no techy but it loaded all my data back up as it was before. It simply gave me a notice that it recognized I had made progress in the game previously and asked it I wanted it restored. I said yes and all was back to normal.

8. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Yes, Mine is attached to apple game center

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  9. AngryMightyShark

Erased and reinstalled but nothing has changed

10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Did you turn low resolution mode off when you reinstalled (before reinstating your account)?

11. AngryMightyShark

Couldn’t do anything. Game loads immediately as last time. Consider it is bricked.

12. gor.030

gor.030 New Member

B457287B-79B9-4E29-984C-56E19B267B7A.png Same issue on iphone 6Plus IOS 12 - can’t do a thing. :(
    Wish I could access options to switch resolution.
    Please advise how I may resolve this.
    Thanks.

My guild is waiting for me....

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If you had it backed up to Facebook or other system, perhaps try (after deleting) clear the cache so that it doesn’t immediately find the data?
    You may have to play the demo again, but should be able to load your data after that.

14. AngryMightyShark

I will wait anyone who tried successfully your idea!
    I think the settings are stored in data saves whatever where they are on iCloud, Facebook hard disk and once deleted and reinstalled. We should have a new fresh account or the same settings, in twice cases à bricked game, maybe a new update with low resolution disabled for everybody.

15. AngryMightyShark

A question for those who have a working game: what happens if you enable low resolution? Can you try and reply here.

16. AngryMightyShark

Never try to check the low resolution box, you will then have resolution bricked as us

17. Smag

Smag Member

I have iPhone X.. not seeing this issue.. though inventory is less wide than before which is irritating

18. Lucent

Lucent New Member

Same issue on both iPad and iPhone.

19. AngryMightyShark

Finally
    Try this on your iPhone iOS 11+
    Make a total save of your iPhone with iTunes before processing to delete, will allow you to restore if you encounter any problems.
    Settings-> general -> storage on iPhone-> battle bay -> erase app (in red will erase all data of this app )
    Once done, reinstall Battle bay from AppStore
    Display problem should be fixed
    Enjoy

Last edited: 19 Oct 2018
  20. Joshua cool

Joshua cool New Member

I have the exact same screen shot. My other handphone iPhone 7+, i was using low resolution to play before the latest update. After updating, I cannot access to options to change back to high resolution. Now i am using my son’s account iphone 6 to type this post. I cannot choose my guild quests, cannot access my friend chat, guild chat, cannot see my inventory, cannot choose ships to get interceptor. Please fix this issue. The problem is those with this screenshot, have set to low resolution before the latest update and we cannot revert back to high resolution because I cannot click on options. My entire left column icons are missing!

have