1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's welcome Frost items back from the dead ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Reorge, 10 Oct 2018.

1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Lately I have been thinking about some changes which are desperately needed for frost items, esp because of both the direct and indirect nerfs the speeders are facing. I would have posted it before but because of the uproar the agility update caused I kept it for later. So here it is
    Balancing for Frost items
    • Hitting a frozen enemy will decrease the Frost duration and Frost effect(speed reduction) by 50% and 20-25%, respectively. E.g., If an enemy frozen by a Frost blaster/launcher of 10 secs duration and 50% frost effect(speed reduction) gets hit then the Frost duration and Frost effect will be decreased to 5 secs and 40-37.5%, respectively.
    • Hitting a frozen enemy with Mortar or Torpedo will remove the Frost in one shot
    • Hitting a frozen enemy for the second time completely removes frost.
    • Hitting a frozen ship with Flare gun and Fire bomb will decrease 40% of Base Frost duration each tick.
    • Napalm doesnot effect frost in any way
    • Base frost effect decreased by 5-8%
    Few clarifications:
    Why ?
    • Frost items became the least used items in the bay after it was severely nerfed, even lesser used than gearlubes and rudder(from my experience).
    • Way too tricky to use them, so tricky that it feels like it's not worth the effort that's why almost every yellow boat stuck to other yellow items.
    • Frost blaster used to be many speeder's favourite item but because of the severe nerf they shifted to tesla bolt which too got quite a harsh nerf later.
    • Agility boost made the use of some weapons like torpedoes (esp big torp) harder since every ship can take sharp turns in a dime so making the frost items great again should help make up for it a bit.
    • Most importantly, rebirth of Frost items !
    Wouldn't this make the Frost items OP again ?
    Frost blaster at higher level was so powerful that the torps became nearly undodgeable when the target was frozen(and that was the main problem), but Frost effect of frost blaster was already heavily reduced in that update so making frost also being able to be removed by one-shot doesn't justify it.

In my suggestion, Frost will be completely removed if the frozen enemy gets hit with a Torpedo or a Mortar. Along with it Frost effect will be 20-25% less if the frozen target gets hit with a Non-Mortar/Torpedo weapon, not to mention the duration would be halved, like before. 5-8% decrease to base frost effect(to all frost items). It's a trade-off and I'm pretty sure it should balance out the item and not make it "OP".

So that's it. Leave a like if you like the idea. If you don't like it explain why. Post your thoughts on it. Thanks ! :)

Last edited: 14 Oct 2018
    Flint, Tmfh67401, LuxuryLiner and 7 others like this.
  2. medicine_man

medicine_man Member

sounds p neat homie

Reorge likes this.
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’ve been building a frost launcher (currently epic lvl31), so I’d be happy if it was buffed.

DangerousMartyr likes this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Same, I've been experimenting with frost launcher and ballpark mortar in customs for a while, I'm pretty good with it, but seeing as they're only T2 rares, they're gonna be a major liability if I tried using them in ranked (Ace2 around 2700infamy) so I would love to see a buff for it tbh!

Reorge likes this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’ve found that as soon as you start using frost, you become a major target for enemy. I think they hate being frosted more than they hate being stunned.

6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Well they're really gonna hate me then once IIget my gear up to a decent standard haha... Frost, stun and swift torp on an Enfo with no Tesla Shields lmao..

ShipCrusherCz and NeptuneGaming like this.
  7. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Good idea!I love to see speeders using the fire and ice combo(fb+napalm) again!

Reorge likes this.
  8. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It's true, getting stuck on somewhere is very annoying lol. I try to kill people carrying frost launchers first too although they are very rarely used

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a fun to use combo but it's not possible to use that strat with frost being broken by one shot :(. Also the bay needs more weapon combos so they need to do something about frost items ASAP

11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

This is an area I admittedly know little about .. other than getting hit by a max epic and losing all ability to move (apparently before some sort of nerf) ..

What's the interaction between a frost launcher and Tshield?

Does the splash freeze the target but bulleyes get automatically absorbed - with zero damage taken by the TS?

And what was the Tbolt nerf again? Because my mid level Tbolt still stuns for 10 or 11 seconds ..

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Frost goes straight through TS regardless of where it hits (like napalm). It does not remove frost.

TS nerf was more about the increased cooldown, plus the ability of fixers to remove stun. Plus the stun resistance which cut your stun time down if you’re stunned within a short time period.

ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  13. xArrogance

Interesting.. same with the frost blaster? It shoots right through the shield?

Reorge likes this.
  14. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Yes

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

So if teammates had the discipline you could frost a shielded enforcer, and then leave them to cook in a napalm.
    Speeder could do that on their own, but enforcer would need help as can’t use 2 slot weapons without sacrificing a slot.

Reorge likes this.
  16. xArrogance

I was thinking more of the 5k damage a max epic big torp with frost perks does against frozen enemies ...

It would still do crazy damage with a few speed perks (on top of the extra 10% agility speed buff) ..

17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, that’s what Smile Shark goes for.
    @Stelmo also uses frost for his tri torp shots. He can get a couple of them to hit if you’re against a wall.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Same here. Frosters ruin unity in the team by slowing down fast elements and slow elements alike. They are almost always high priority targets.

Reorge likes this.
  19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-10-09-18-28-21.png
    Or not against a wall ;)

20. xArrogance

Frost is so dead ...

Reorge, NeptuneGaming and Stelmo like this.