1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we get some better matchmaking?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ohmigosh, 19 Sep 2018.

1. Ohmigosh

Ohmigosh New Member

I absolutely love this game and I’m completely addicted. It started off fine, I got matched in completely fair games where everyone had a similar power level. However, when I just increased my infamy to 500, every player I face has a mk 4-5 ship now. Take note that I’m currently level 11 and use a mk2 enfo. This worked for me for the most part by freezing an enemy, running through them and using my high agility to quickly turn around and repeatedly hit them with grenades. This worked for the most part but once I kept getting in games with mk 4-5 shooters each with at least a rank 2 epic blast cannon or something of the sort, I easily just get two shot. So you would think I would drop due to me being weaker than most of my competition, however, I win most of my games due to my team making up for my liability. So now I’m stuck in a sort of infamy limbo where I can’t do enough work to get a meaningful reward at the end but I still win half my rounds due to my team being immensely superior. I just can’t have any fun, I can’t improve my equipment due to me getting lack luster rewards at the end and I can’t have fun due to me dying at the start of every round. I believe that instead of matchmaking people with their infamy, we should be matchmaked with people with similar power level. Could the devs actually fix this?

2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Welcome to Battle Bay! It is indeed a great game. But you are right, when you pass 400 to 500 Infamy in a mk1 or ml2 you will face mk4s and mk5s a lot of the time and your boat and weapons are not on par with the others. It will take weeks or even months to get where these others are.

And from level 12 Bhurt is locked for 6 full levels, so you can not evolve any cannon past T2, which is everybody's main weapons. So, all you can do is do the best you can and wait. I know it is hard and unfair, but there is no other way. I have been addressing this problem for a year now and still it excists.

I have said it many times, this should be different. They should give every ship its own Infamy level. For example when you reach 400 Infamy with a mk1, you will get a mk2, when you reach 700 or 800 Infamy with your mk2, you will unlock a mk3 and so on. This makes much more sense than the current 'everybody can upgrade their ships, that is why there are mk6 players with 0 Infamy.

Please, don't give up yet and just try your best. I don't knkw if you joined a guild yet, because there you can earn extra item pieces, gear, gold, pearls, etc. Also try to play the events, this does not affect your Infamy.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Flint

3. Jonathan lucas Hamel

Jonathan lucas Hamel New Member

This is my issue the game got really bad with patches but yet they didn't fix any real issues when in event I'm facing people.with four grand infamy that still.have an mk1 boat when is gear score going to matter I was in a four vs four with all Mk 2 but three people on other team had infamy over 3000 while my team was all legit mk2 your game.is turning to crap myself and several people I know are done this game.went from good with a chance to be great to complete garbage

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Yesterday I talked to several people I did not yet know, who also complaint about the Seal Clubbers in the events. Some decided to quit the game completely already because of it others stopped playing the events. They were at level 10 or 11 and faced Nightmare players with legendary weapons on a mk1 or mk2, they did not stand a chance. While they themselves had uncommon and rare level 5 weapons.

I have warned Rovio for a very long time that this will drive people away and it does. Don't know why this is not on top of the list of problems to be fixed. Driving your customers away is the absolute worst you can do, why then the delay? I really don't get this at all! I am trying to help here, but ........well I don't know anymore....

Regarrs,
    Flint

6. Jonathan lucas Hamel

Exactly and its been going on since the first update that added events I have a few accounts and play daily and am ready to walk away from a years worth of play instead of them fixing stuff that wasn't broken let's not actually fix what's wrong with game

7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hey!

I have a thread here with screenshots about this problem https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...d-rare-on-mk1-and-mk2s-i-e.22007/#post-174008

I know some players think I am whining about it and maybe the Devs see me like that also, but I am not whining for the sake of whining, but to help and make the game better and fairer. And I have a mk5, so I don't have this problem as much as the mk1, mk2 and mk3 in the events. They suffer the most! We have the fair play rules, but so many players don't care if they ruin the game for the others. I talked to some of them andthey literally said so.

Hope you don't give up and if you want place some screenshots in my older thread or here.

All the best,
    Flint

8. strangehealer130

strangehealer130 New Member

Hi this is aimed at rovio. What the hell is going on with the matchmaking. When I first started playing this game I would be matched with people of similar infamy. Now for the last couple of months I've been having to fight people with twice my infamy. This never used to happen, now if this lack of fair play on your part isn't resolved by the next time I pay for my subscription I will be canceling it as you don't want my subscription money. You understand, you don't want to treat me fairly so you don't want custom. If you don't want my custom keep it up

9. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

This is my loadout guys and ive been working my ass off to level these otems up.
    Why is it that every match the tm says that i have an unusual combination of items and ships blah blah blah...?
    And why is that mk7s playing with mk5 in the event?
    This is such an insanity.
    I saw jaws today riding his mk7 enfocer and 2 shooted me with his epic t5 grenade and epic t5 blast cannon.

Attached Files:

10. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    mk4 and I get the same thing with a perfect loadout gs of 5.5k

11. Jonathan lucas Hamel

I report them every time its made me stop playing I'm just wondering why Rovio hasn't addressed any matchmaking issues in over a year they gave us a useless gear score that doesn't do anything

12. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'd recommend frost+ mortars. It's not bad AT all, it's actually very good.

13. Jonathan lucas Hamel

Yea but how can you compete vs level three epics I don't even own a single epic

14. Jonathan lucas Hamel

Yea now put those legendary items on a mk1 and play other pleayers level 10 and under that's just absurd I pay as well and that stopped as well and I have several friends and family I got into this game a year ago and everyone is so walking away Rovio stop fixing insignificant things and actually improve matchmaking that is what's killing this game

15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Try speeder. Dodge those annoying shots, no problemo

16. Jonathan lucas Hamel

Yea that's what I do but one shot from a lvl ten reg epic cannon is almost all my health and when you only have a single green turbo its hard I guess I'm.just pissed because its every match and its not even one team will have two.or three guys level 30 vs 4 noobs why isn't it giving each team a cheap douche

17. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Hi guys.
    Unfortunately this happens at every level.
    I'm a 34 level captain at 1200-1450 infamy with a gear score of 5350.
    I get matches where we are 3 on my gear level and mk one mk4 with 4000 gear and one mk6 with lower gear than me.
    On the other side I have 3 opponents on my scale one mk2 !!! at 2500 and one mk6 at 7700!!!.
    First of all what the heck is an mk2 with 2500 gear doing in a battle like this?
    Second how the f**** is anyone gonna play against the mk6 shooter with two leggies and more health than me that I play defender?

Wanna guess how it ends up? The MK6 shooter finishes us all although we have managed to kill all his team.
    This goes on and on. Fights with two fixers on one side and none at the other. Fights where everyone gets annihilated on the first 30 sec of the fight.
    I dont like the 5-0 or 0-5 fights. I want everyone to have an even chance to win so its a matter of skill and not having a legendary explosive cannon that can finish a defender on two and half shots.

18. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Welcome to battle bay.

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  19. KATZ

KATZ New Member

I hear ya. I saved enough to upgrade my shooter twice. Worse mistake I've made so far. I'm out gunned by approximately 1000-2000 hit points and the so called Legendary weapons, I'm always stuck fighting . Not so legendary up here. No chance equals no fun.

20. Jonathan lucas Hamel

If people hit them where it hurt and stopped spending money mabey they would do something this game has gone to crap been playing for a year and I'm done I know of already fifteen people I got to play stopped over this bull its not fun anymore I like a close match but not an impossible one Rovio listen to.your consumers