1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Not fair

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Dilligaf, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Seriously, how long until this broken match making is fixed. You gotta be blind to see that it's not fair. I got to level 40 and mk6 yesterday, now i get the match below.
    Honestly, being screwed over this badly, rovio should compensate me with coins. Fix it. I will not stop complaining until it's fixed. It's a joke at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok, looking at the teams, did you have an equal chance of winning the game? No. You faced YSL and one of her guildmates who were fleeting together. It is a very frustrating situation to be in.
    But let’s look at it from another point of view.
    • How many players are there in the game that would be a fair fight for YSL?
    • What are the chances that one or two of those players are on-line and press the ‘battle’ button within 10secs or so of YSL?
    So the options are this for B.B.:
    • Give YSL (and other similar players) very long waiting times to have a battle.
    • Put them in with other players on the basis that it’s only one match out of several that you will play today.
    If you give the YSL’s and the like very high waiting times, you drive them away from the game. Not an attractive option. So basically, there is no option but to go for the second option.

If you’re facing players as powerful as YSL every game, then I’d say it’s unacceptable. But I doubt that’s the case. When I find myself in your position, I take it as an opportunity to learn from the best which is more valuable to me than one win against other players.

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I have related question
    why am I getting matches like these in this event?
    IMG_20180909_161221_813.jpg IMG_20180909_161130_163.jpg IMG_20180909_161001_754.jpg IMG_20180909_160911_613.jpg
    I am able to win and deal highest damage but I still don't like these matches
    event matchmaking is based (or at least was) on power score-mix of gear score and crew training (maybe something else?)
    these mk6 have captain level higher by 8 or more (usually more than 8) levels so they should have better crew training and their gear score is higher by 1k or more
    why am I getting in battles with them? their power score should be significantly higher than my power score

my setup
    IMG_20180909_162301_983.jpg

Last edited: 9 Sep 2018
  4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

You got to be joking right? I just got to level 40, my weapons are useless compared to his and so many players above me, my infamy is under 2k (yes, I know infamy is not counted in match making for events, but still, it represents how strong I am). This is a complete joke. I get lots of games live this, this was just the extreme. The match making IS broken. Don't try to tell me it's not, just because you don't suffer, doesn't mean that lots of others don't suffer too. It is broken. It needs to be fixed. Stop Turing to pitch it as a learning pruning. Dying from 2 shots whilst barely scratching the other boat is not a challenge or learning opportunity, it's a waste of time.

5. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Too many typos to fix, sorry. Getting spam alert.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This might be offtopic as hell, but seriously man, you should have a higher opinion of yourself. You've gone through, what is it, 6 months' worth of grinding? You've fought sealclubbers, mortarspammers, survived whales, you've gone from a mk1 to a mk6. YSL ain't no big deal! Get out there and mess ship up!

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  7. ShipCrusherCz

@TheAntiSnipe could you help me?
    I posted my question in this thread and I would appreciate your help

8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    While this hasn’t happened to me, I have noticed that in some games I will randomly have a lower mark teammmate (usually with lowest infamy). It’s happening a lot more than before.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

I think it has to do with the fact that matchmaking takes your strongest wep into consideration? Yours is leggy, that MIGHT be doing it. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

10. ShipCrusherCz

hide players' names and tags please
    no "naming and shaming" allowed
    problem is, that I used it in previous events and I had no problems
    even when I replaced my blasts with t1 common and uncommon gatlings, I had only normal matches

edit:
    and weird is, that I also get battles with only mk5 ships and sometimes also few mk4 ships (normal, not clubbers)
    so it does not seem so be be punishment because I don't need to change anything to get either mk6 or mk4 ships in my battles

Last edited: 9 Sep 2018
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Check my thread https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...d-t5-epic-and-rare-on-mk1-and-mk2s-i-e.22007/

It shows much more imbalance even than your battle. Mk1, mk2 and mk3s with legendary and T5 rare weapons.

12. ShipCrusherCz

my issue got even worse, I met some mk7 today (and more mk6 than before)
    any advices, how to don't meet mk7 (and also mk6 if possible) with my mk5 enfo?
    examples:
    IMG_20180911_171311_769.jpg IMG_20180911_171200_238.jpg

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

It is only 1 mk difference, that is not considered a 'mismatch'. I see it all the time, sometimes it is 4x mk4s + 1x mk5 against 5x mk5s. Although sometimes it happens that there are 9x mk5 and there is only 1x mk3. But that doesn't happen that often.

Btw fleeting can also mess up the matchmaking. But I did not think this was too bad.

Kind regards,
    Flint

14. ShipCrusherCz

these were event battles
    it's difference of 1 mk only from the mk6s' perspective
    it's unfair for me to fight againyt them, they usually have significantly better crew and also t4 epics or stronger, so even mk6 yre kinda too too strong, not even talking about mk7...
    I fleeted with that player in previous events and we have not met mk6 until this event started (I never before met mk6 in events and none mk7 until today)

I had normal mode battles, where I am one of the two/three th5 ships, others were mk6, I also had battles where I was the only mk5
    I am used to face stronger opponents but I still don't consider these evemt battles right, they're supposed to be based on power score (gear score+crew training), power score difference between me and these mk6 and mk7 players should be high enough to not put us in battles together (I would like to see explanation from the devs, it's imho flaw caused by new gs system or too many players left after the update so it's not possible to make battles like before)

edit:
    these mk6 and mk7 players are mostly in ace or NM

Last edited: 12 Sep 2018
    SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but I only meant I had seen worse example, which you can see in my threads, for example 1x mk1 between 9x mk4s and mk5s. But also Nightmare players using a mk1 or mk2, leave a slot open or on a yellow boat fill it with level 1 uncommon yellow gear, but there weapon(s) is a legendary one or a rare T5.

I have seen so many examples of that, that I know some of these new players just avoid the events. Every battle they hoped the Seal Clubbers was on their team.

16. BrubbridiMessina

BrubbridiMessina New Member

Thanks ROVIO, out of 15 games 13 defeats, I lost in a couple of days almost 1,000 of notoriety, Thanks ROVIO for the teammates that always give idiots as always is Thanks ROVIO for the opponents that you put me against, Mk5 very good, Mk6 exceptional and invincible Mk7, thanks ROVIO that you never solve these problems that I have reported for many months, thanks very gracious. I'm level 49 almost 50, I'm sure that if you put opponents with mk2 definitely will not win. Thank you very much

17. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

In the events, 1 mk difference is huge, especially if you're the only lower level boat. They just smash you over and over until your team loses, no matter where you try to hide.
    Another major issue with match making is the boat types. I've had many games vs 4 yellows, get stunned 3 times or more and you can kiss those coins goodbye, even if your team wins.
    I just had to vs 4 defenders, one was a mk7, seriously, it simply isn't fair when you match to gs, especially when that gs is broken. 3 crew trainings in a specific weapon has a massive impact on its damage, I'm level 40 vs min level 48, that's gotta be 30+ crew training items different. Even if they take a mk6, had the exact same load out as me, I'd still get my butt kicked because they'd still deal a heaps more damage than me per shot.

18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

For me I disregard the MK level of ships, it is less important in events.
    Look at the order of the ships on the unfriends team, if they have a MK6 in last place, and a MK4 at the front, you know the MK4 has a higher power score and is therefore packing some huge firepower.
    It is quite common to see the MK4 / MK5 do more damage than the MK6 / MK7 ships as they are packing high level epics and legendaries on smaller boats to keep the balance.

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  19. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

I don't think you understand what's happening. I'm the odd one out. Mk6 vs 5 mk7's, or only mk6 with 4 mk7's. It's not unusual for it to be both. I'm level 40, mk7 is min level 48, that crew training difference is huge. What you're describing is someone deliberately trying to seal club, I'm not saying that my unfriends are doing this, it is all caused by rovio and their significantly flawed match making!

20. TheAntiSnipe

Well, let me tell you this:
    I play a mk5 shooter in the events. My main is a mk6 enforcer. However, I don't club my GS, AT ALL. All my gear is a minimum of t3E and a max of t5E. Thus, I fight mk6s and mk7s regularly.
    But then again, I can take off 8k HP in a single cycle of my DPS build. Taking down an average mk7 defender with me on the team is a 20-second matter at most. I am capable of handling my opponents, and I'm not clubbing my GS to fight newbie mk5s either.

Your definition of sealclubber is not fully correct. Even if I'm packing a mk5, I have a MASSIVE GS, something waaaaay beyond the progression and power level of any mk5. A seal clubber is someone who brings a mk4 ship with a single unlevelled legendary into battle when his main is a lv50 account or something along those lines. Those people are unfairly more powerful than their opponents.

Summing up, your opponents must be below-average-GS mk7s(it happens more often than you may think) or tankers(whom you should report), if you're getting them regularly.