1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is lagging much more since the update

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Just saw some replays (I am not playing) and what struck me how bad the game worked. It was lagging so much more than usual. I have 5G internet which works fine and use a Samsun tab S tablet, so that is not the problem.

Does anyone of you experience the problems? I can imagine the maxed agility takes up a lot more bandwith and takes up a lot more memory from our devices.

Regards,
    Flint

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

wanted to create thread about this problem but I was too lazy:p
    game is now laggy for me, that happened so far only in two cases...fire event and after this update

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You said in chat you were using a VPN, this definitely creates a higher ping and lag

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

That was a joke, I said I was not Dutch but Russian using VPN.

Spoiler alert, I am Dutch.....and no I don't wear wooden shoes, at least not on Sundays.

Regards,
    Flint

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I have the same lagging issue, even the keyboard gets wonky when trying to use the chat. Other apps are running fine so I know it isn' my phone...

7. bryan660

bryan660 New Member

Whether I use LTE, 3G or wi-fi, battle bay is laggy as heck and I can’t seem to connect to the server at all lately.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have multiple questions

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Okay fire away, what do you want to know?

Regards,
    Flint

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That explains the windmill :)

PastelPiku likes this.
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Yep, it is 300 meters from my house, my dad was born 50 meters from it.

It is called 'De Vier Winder', which means The Four Winds and was built in 1882, after the other one burned down. At the height of the windmill era there were 11.000 in our country, I believe now only 1100 or so remain.

The windmills made the Netherlands what it is now, because swamps with it and inland seas were drained with it. (we have windmill which are pumps, to grind corn, but also saw mills, etc)

So far the history lesson ...maybe I should have become a teacher ;).

Regards,
    Flint

PastelPiku and Ash KOT like this.
  12. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I'm facing the same.... today while playing custom i had to close and open the game more than twice or thrice... that's the first time it happened with me...

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. What's this I hear about being Russian using Dutch VPN? Give me the gist of it, sounds amusing:D
    2. What is UP with the wooden shoes on Sundays? I heard another dude on chat talk about ito_O

14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It’s so you can annoy your downstairs neighbor by walking around your apartment :p

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The last couple of days I tried to play myself, but the game is still shaky and lagging all the time. There is no smooth motion, not in the waves or the boats. Before the update I did not seen this.

The lagging and shaky screen is very annoying and my Internet and Wifi are fine. It is G5 and very fast and stable and my tablet is up for the task. So, that is not the problem.

So, something has changed, I never seen it so bad. Please people react if you experience the same,

Could it be the new agility takes up too much of our devices? Memory or bandwith wise? Anyone a clue?

Thanks,
    Flint

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I will ask Vladimir first what I can disclose, I will get back to you ;).

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I don't have downstairs neighbours :p.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Still lagging Battle Bay....:(. Internet is very good, wifi is very good...what else can it be. Before the update I hardly noticed lagging, but I heard not everybody is having the same problem.

Bad vibes, because I complaint? Maybe I should put on my :D face instead?

Regards,
    Flint

19. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Yes... Lag issue is crippling the experience of Battle Bay,
    Rovio should seriously consider it ASAP.

I have posted following message about lag / delay as I have been experiencing since last couple of weeks, at a couple of other places in this forum but haven't got answers yet. Even started new thread
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/mysterious-server-lag-delay-abnormal-high-ping.22219/
    But never got a reply.

Here posting it again, may I try....
    I am from Pakistan, South Asia. I used to be getting ping values hovering around 300 to 350ms. At which game is playable. I am at MK6 level now and have been playing Battle Bay for around a year now and it remains my only favorite game till now. But only until recently I am facing issue of having ping values rising to like more than 900ms which totally ruins the game. Initially, when I start the game ping values are shown around 300 as normally it used to be. Afterwards, I even manage to play two rounds of game or three but then my ping values start to swell up gradually until they rise to the levels of 700-900ms. It only started to happen a couple of weeks ago. No ISP or device changes, by the way. I was curious to know if the same thing is happening to others? Is it a game issue, server lag or something? It is worth mentioning here that I get ping values to other New York based servers around 200-250ms. So it definitely not the geo-positional issue as I have read in these forums given as logical explanation to similar issues reported by other players. Thanks for bearing with me.

-RealChampion

20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and link!

My ping is at around a 100 ms and stable, so even faster and it is stable! Battle Bay was fine before the update, but after the update it is terrible at times. It is lagging and shaky and almost impossible to play a lot of the time.

I wonder if the new update takes more bandwith, memory or more computing power to handle the new agility? My tablet is not that old, a Samsung Tab S. Maybe on it is less visible on phone than on table, because of the size?

Kind regards,
    Flint