1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting shorted on gold/sugar

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Carl2801, 27 Jul 2018.

1. luka3000

luka3000 Member

Can it be enough to cheat their players fellow developers? All the players from my guild after the update noticed that gold was getting less for battles. If before the battle for 3 stars gave at least 50k gold, but now 39-40k total. How do you explain this? Was it done on purpose or is it a mistake?

Pa4eJIJIo likes this.
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    The developer team said that they hadn't changed anything for the battle rewards in the last update.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yet any time I check VIP chat there is someone complaining about lower rewards

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

and Miika even gave us a graff of average rewards

5. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

Nice bandage name cover :p
    That's defenietly such less rewards for a 150% BATTLE REWARD BONUS

Reorge likes this.
  6. luka3000

luka3000 Member

Before the update and after! Do you need proof?

Attached Files:

VantaBlack, Reorge, Pa4eJIJIo and 2 others like this.
  7. ShipCrusherCz

you should search the forums before creating threads
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/do-battle-rewards-decrease-after-3-1-patch.21101/
    Miika's replies on this topic:
    Screenshot_20180730-115454.png
    Screenshot_20180730-115508.png
    Screenshot_20180730-115846.png
    is this enough?

8. Pa4eJIJIo

Pa4eJIJIo Member

It's "average hospital temperature"
    But I really feel that MY earning in Nihtmare becomes 20% less :confused:

Reorge and FearsomeChicken like this.
  9. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

idk about this , because i never payed attention how much reward i get and i will never do

but if many and many players are complaining about this and they are pretty sure so they are right and devs are wrong

Reorge likes this.
  10. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Just that it seems to do that here in my battle log, I don't know for sure, it could be a fluke.
    Also, we've just hit end season here, and end season usually have tons more handicap games (+21/22/23) in my experience.

That said, mine also feel slightly lower lately. But then again, Grand Paladin in my guild just had a record 71k gold game.. So I dunno o_O

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. luka3000

luka3000 Member

I've been reading all these topics. I've been playing this game for over a year and I know how much I've received before gold for battles. And I maintain that 3 star awards were cut by 20% !

12. ShipCrusherCz

I, for example, have same rewards as before update, I haven't recieved the really high (for me) rewards in past week or two, but that's because my battle perfomance with speeder is now somehow stable, before, I did highest (usually twice as much as the second person in my team) or lowest damage in battle, now I am third or better in my team, so I don't recieveve small nor big rewards
    I guess that there are many more players with same rewards as before, but unly those who recieve lower rewards have reason to come here and write about their rewards, that's probably also why devs don't see any significant changes in overall average and median of rewards, it's only majority of players with lower rewards, so it has no significant impact on overall stats

Reorge likes this.
  13. Pa4eJIJIo

Pa4eJIJIo Member

My playing on Defender is very stable (in Nigtmare)
    And usually I have got >50 000 for "good battles"
    Now I have got max 35 000 for the same battles
    There is no miracles in computer world ;)
    Algorithm was definetly chanched !!!

So please don't tell to us that black is white ;)
    Simple say: rules were changed and now they are ... ;)

Reorge likes this.
  14. Cpt Obvious

I just plotted my 100 last non-event wins.
    upload_2018-7-30_13-12-9.jpg
    There is definitely a downward trend, but I don't know if I have enough data say that it's statistically significant. There seems to be much more variance in the gold for my last 20 wins (which caused the falling trend line). Also feels like there used to be more games in the 50k range. But again, I only have a handful of data points.

(That said, I believe them when they say that they didn't change anything).

15. ShipCrusherCz

1. there must be some other reason, than algorithm change (at least change for all levels), that would cause changes for everyone, that did not happen, so it must be something else
    2. why would devs say, that no changes were made, if it was obvious, that they made some changes? there is imo no point in denying obvious truth
    3. I said, that data from devs are not same as your observations, data from devs have imo bigger "weight", than feelings of some players (and also screenshots of some results)
    4. something has changed, but not algorithm, because change of algorithm would cause decrease/increase (in this case decrease) of rewards for everyone;)

Last edited: 30 Jul 2018
  16. Cpt Obvious

Thinking about it, best idea I can come up with to disprove the "conspiracy theories" (and at the same time verify that nothing seemingly unrelated had any unintended consequences) would be to:
    1. Pick say.. the top 250 players..
    2. Query the database for their combined gold winning mean and std.dev grouped by date.
    3. Plot a pretty graph of [mean, mean + std.dev, mean - std.dev] over time (last 100 days?).
    If mean and std.dev seems stable, then there's likely no reduced reward problem, and we're just seeing ghosts :)

Last edited: 30 Jul 2018
  17. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I have a BS in mathematics, and it was hard for me to understand all this stuff.

ur guildmate :)

18. Cpt Obvious

19. luka3000

luka3000 Member

The awards for the fight for 3 stars became smaller and this is a fact.

Stalie likes this.
  20. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

complete agreement. rewards are down. and it is unfortunately not fun. before played days, now t only daily quests to do. interest in the game disappeared. made the misery of the great game

Stalie likes this.