1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Talent Gear Score?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 8 Jul 2018.

?

Should talents add to respective items' gear scores?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The current anti seal clubbing method for events causes problems for players with unbalanced gear, generally one or two items being much stronger than the rest. It'd probably be harder to seal club if your talents were worth gear score as well. I mean, my blast cannon gets a 75% damage boost from talents. That deserves gear score because a noob and pro with the same blast cannon will have a huge disparity in damage AND skill. This doesn't sit right with me at all, and implementing this should solve the issue much better than equipping underleveled items to avoid being punished for equipping underleveled items (I know, it sounds stupid but that's literally what people are telling me to do).

The system is simple. Talents add gear score value to those items/ships affected by the talent. For example, a 10% damage boost for EX cannon should give all of your EX cannons a boost in gear score, or a 5% hp boost for all ships should give all of your ships a boost in gear score. The amount of gear score to be added can be shown on the talents description with a yellow number in the corner. Which item/ship will have its gear score affected should be pretty obvious.

Taking one step at a time towards a balanced bay.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2018
    Cavy, ShipCrusherCz and *JAWS* like this.
  2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It is my understanding that (in events) we’re matched by power score, rather than by gear score.

Power is meant to be a mixture of gear + training (though Devs aren’t releasing details of how much power our training gives us)

What I think is going causing difficulties is:
    • Training is very difficult to give a power score to. Some training gives ‘absolute’ benefits eg 10 extra hp, +15 extra damage, whereas some gives relative benefits eg 5% extra hp, 5% extra damage. The absolute training is easy to value, but relative ones depend upon the quality of the associated gear piece and so it’s value changes over time
    • ‘Relative’ perks are hard to score. You can have a low level weapon with epic ‘relative’ perks, which can have a high gear score. But it’s possible to have the same weapon without perks but more evolution, which can have a higher damage but lower gear score.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    There might not be enough weight to the training, then. I have a mini account and during the 1v1 event, half of the players with the same level gear as me were doing like 2x more damage than me per shot and had thousands more hp. These players had one thing in common: they were much higher level than my mini, aka more talents.

5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I already discussed this thing with devs 3 4 days ago for very long time. But there are so many issues to balance out the actual thing. Like some weapons have just 3 4 talents some have 20. How are we going to balance them. I even suggested to normalise the cooldowns that is flat 11.1 sec and then give GS so T4E standard cannon ≠ T4E Explosive cannon.

PastelPiku and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm not sure balancing matters as much as you think. Gear Score for Red items can be based on DPS, healing items can be based on HPS, Shields based on HP, all of which already incorporate training and perks. That's 75% of the problem solved, and a sliding GS scale can be used for the rest.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

Security
    I know it won't be easy but we can't just sit back and pretend those huge disparities don't exist. Even using the same weapons as someone else, having a few crew talents for your gear can make it seem like your gear is actually 2~3 tiers higher than theirs. It really makes that big of a difference.

8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Who said the devs are sitting back, mate? They are constantly trying to find solutions for every possible scenario how and what should be adjusted to stop the exploitation of current system. It takes time, considerable amount of time to make it failsafe.

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    Ye I know they work hard, I'm just really adamant on pressing this matter because I can see that many others are having the same issue, both on forums and discord. Don't misinterpret this as me badmouthing the devs or anything, I have respect for them, I still love Battle Bay lol.

Cavy likes this.