1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

1v1 event matchmaking issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ahepic, 29 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ahepic

Ahepic Member

Why more than 60% of the 1v1 event battles are not fair with gear score
    So many battles i played the other ships has more "1500, 2000" gear score than my ship's gear score
    Even mk ships higher than my ship
    I hope i hear an answer & see a solve for this issue

ChickenSurprise and Reorge like this.
  2. White Wolve

White Wolve New Member

I agree, there is nothing fun or fair about the matchmaking, Rovio needs to do alilbit more brainstorming before setting the events up

Reorge likes this.
  3. Pahuc

Pahuc New Member

Facing mk6 and 7 as i'm just mk5...

The Black Rain likes this.
  4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Thank you for the consolidated thread. I do not believe the 1v1 matchmaking is any different than prior... but now, finally the issues are obvious to everyone. I've logged every stat from 32 Battles of 1v1, so what I am posting is not "feeling" or "assumption" just facts. My main is MK6 Shooter, Ace I, max lifetime infamy < 3200.
    • My Opponent's Gear Score is higher 87.5% of the time, average +859.
    • My Opponent's Infamy is higher 72% of the time, average +385.
    • My Opponent's Captain Level is, on average, about the same as mine, average -1.
    • My Opponent's MK level is the same or higher 100% of the time. My MK6 is always matched MK6-7.
    • If I lower my MK level (trying other ships), my opponent's MK will be higher 100% of the time. My MK5 is matched MK6. My MK2 is matched MK5.
    • If I unequip my only T5 epic (shield), my opponent still may have a T5 epic.
    • 34% of my opponents are Nightmare League. I've never been over 3200 infamy.
    • 25% of my opponents have a gear score higher than I can put together from my entire inventory.
    I've listed every possible input to a "power rating" and none of it explains why my opponents are almost always stronger.

1v1_results.png

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That is A LOT of research lol

ScrapKing likes this.
  7. GandadT

GandadT New Member

Why is the rep balance so unfair ? At best I have had just over 1600 rep, I have tried with difering ships of differing ability but the majority I am fleeted with are or have been over 2k rep, some even 3k rep ! I can accept losing to those within a few hundred of me (so long as it works both ways) but why such differences, it just feels like the BB bisses want to look after the big guys and all the “smaller” ones don’t count !

8. GandadT

GandadT New Member

What’s GS? Apologies in advance for being a numpty !

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

GS is the gear score, the sum of power levels of all the equipment you carry into battle

10. GandadT

GandadT New Member

Gear score ! Apologies lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. GandadT

GandadT New Member

Ha, you beat me to it, thanks!
    Not sure the gear score is the best way, if your rep is so far apart lol
    Thanks for replying...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

1) I have had at least 2 battles with my main account ("at least" because those are the ones that I bothered to look at in detail) where the gear score of my rival was more than 4,000 higher than mine (approx. 8,200 vs 12,000+). No chance of winning. A 50% difference in gear score is not really reasonable in my opinion.

2) I have also been playing around with a very low level account (7 currently) and came across a couple of high level (3,500+ and 4,200+ inf) players who are causing unfair matches by using MK1 ships with uncommon items to get very low gear score (400 range) but who have high level training that gives them much higher HP (double or triple) and much stronger cannons than anyone else in that range. They are basically unbeatable because of the training advantage. This is unfair to both the low level players who have no chance against them and also to the higher level players who don't have any MK1 ships and must fight harder to get the same rewards in the event. I think this is something that needs to be stopped because it isn't a strategy that other players can also use to level the playing field (i.e. if you don't have an MK1 ship, you can't roll back a ship to make an MK1 vs. if you think speeders have an advantage in the event, you can always use/build a speeder) . Maybe the matchmaking has to put a level gap maximum in or require a minimum ship level per player level.

13. GandadT

GandadT New Member

Just had another one, similar GS TBF but over 1,000 rep above, not got a chance really !

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

This is the worst matchmaking in a long long time. mk4 against mk5 and even mk6. Nightmare players who have won 20 to 30 games in a row? A friend of mine is laughing and laughing, because he wins everything. He get soooo much weaker players that he said 'I tease them a bit and leave them alive for a while, but then I kill them anyway'.

How come you got rid of the Gear Score matchmaking? That works fine, now the strongest players are killing us all.

A lot of people stopped playing this event and I don't blame them.

The whole matchmaking, also with normal battle should be a sum of Gear Score and Infamy, now it get so frustrating it might backfire!

Reorge and Riddlerpaji like this.
  15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

o_O:rolleyes: i know what you mean but ...

16. Ahepic

Ahepic Member

When i posted this thread my ship was mk5 shooter, and most fights were unfair for me mostly, but when i upgrade it to mk6 today, most fights were unfair for the unfriend ship mostly, of course i got unfair fights for me but not the same when i was mk5
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    *Another note about defenders with 12k or 14k hp, there is no way to win for shooter with 7k hp even if gear score is balanced, 2.5 minutes not enough time to kill it twice, and i face a lot of them.

17. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

So antisnipe closed my thread that had nothing to do with 1v1 matchmaking!!!! Nice!!! Ty!!!! https://replay.battlebay.net/NJZQDNVC#WXVMLXZY.
    This lame a mode where you run and hide and the one hit cap is ky point. Bring back invulnerable cap to stop this lame mode or remove it all together.

Turkett

18. Terry Morgan

19. Terry Morgan

20. Terry Morgan