1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad issues in game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kelemvor, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Pratik

Pratik Member

same problem

Jamel H. and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Could you please let us know exactly which ads these are? We need the exact name and screenshots would be most helpful!
    The problem are the specific ad providers - and we need that info so we can forward it.

SupremeCalamitas likes this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Grim,

That is the problem, I cannot see which providers they are, because the screen turns black.

The ads that are working are from Rovio and a game with some soldiers (cannot recall the name), but with most others the screen turns black and I have to restart the game again.

Regads,
    Flint

Jamel H. and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Who cares? :p

5. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I think I'll post this here as it's ad relevant, the ones in particular are the Wish ads. I like to play music in the background of the game through the Google Play Music app that came as standard. This particular ad frustratingly enough is able to pause my music app and if I turn my music back on it will pause the ad. I've resorted to muting the tripe of an advert but what I want to know is why the ad has the capability to interact with my app? It's the only one that does it.

6. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

I doubt it is related to specific ads, at least not after the latest update which makes things a lot worse. Almost every ad after battle wins will result black screen unless I click the x button as soon as the ad ends. Still, I put up a list of ads just in case you don't know where to look:

1. Angry birds franchise (including AB 2, blast, evolution)
    2. Sea Game
    3. War Bot
    4. some non-game apps I forgot its name
    5. Alliance

Some of ads didn't have problems before this update so I doubt it is the providers to be blamed.

Have to say this subtle approach to sell VIPs might be smart but for players who aim to F2P this will go south pretty quickly.

Last edited: 30 May 2018
    Jamel H. likes this.
  7. Adam Freeman

Adam Freeman Member

Player name: ironcladbeare 362
    I do not receive any ads to get 50% bonus except the ROVIO's ads since about 10 days.I thought this problem stopped after 3 days when I got almost 10 ROVIO ads and the 50% bonus but after the problem started again until now

8. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Please make an option to mute the ads.
    Thank you. :)
    Screenshot_20180608-094827.jpg

9. baysider

baysider Active Member

after the game updated itself today for various bug fixes... once i watch the shop refresh ad, the shop doesn’t refresh.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2018
  10. baysider

baysider Active Member

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

In the latest release I'm not getting the option to watch ads about 1/3-1/2 of the time. I just get "normal rewards" at the end.

12. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

All ads crashed the app today. After I watched the ads, it restarted the app itself and gave me no extra gold and sugar.
    Also every time it does this, the sound is turned off too.
    I am not watching ads anymore

13. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Same. I thought of reporting it. But u already did . Haha. ;-)

14. Schrödinger

Schrödinger Member

Same issue. Ads not from Rovio.

15. BearBearMawo

BearBearMawo New Member

Same here. the Unity ads crashed the game.

16. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

Server maintenance over, but this bug is still not fixed

Jamel H. likes this.
  17. Adam Freeman

Adam Freeman Member

It is true that this problem is annoying, but I believe that the geniuses do their best to solve this problem of ads as soon as possible. just a little patience

18. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair

The game is restarting when I finish watching an ad for the shop refresh. It's happening every time. If i kill relaunch the watch video button is again available for shop refresh with the same result as before. I was not having this issue yesterday.

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is a problem with the third party company serving the ads.
    Can you confirm which ads specifically are causing the issues so we can forward this info on and speed up the fix.

20. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

You locked my previous post on this and trying to explain that something new has occurred with the ads. It's no particular ad that causes my app to restart... it's all ads and therefore I receive no bonus reward at all. Prior to this morning, my experience with watching ads was the same as everyone else... it only happened occasionally and with certain ads. Now it is completely impossible for me to receive bonuses because all ads trigger the same outcome.... app restart and no bonus. Thank you.