1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding Big Torp (Any torp in general)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 13 Jun 2018.

1. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Is there any speed cap for a Big Torp? If so, how much. Or, can u increase the speed indefinitely.

This is my torp having speed 3.9.
    Screenshot_20180613-171245.jpg

Also, u guys think it's better to switch one of the damage perks with the speed perk? I'm new to the torp . So, I have no idea . I'm open to any suggestions. ;)

Thank you in advance. :)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    If u are new to the torp definitely go for speed perk...

3. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I find the speed on big torp to not be worth it but this is because I have used it for a long time and so know how to time it etc. I guess it depends on the rarity of the perks you have for speed as you have epics or leg for damage. Tip for using it is aim for groups plus aim for walls for splash damage.

4. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
  5. Mad_Bulls_007

6. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Idk... But I think there probably isn't.

7. Mad_Bulls_007

Ok. @Miika can u help on this please:rolleyes:

8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I believe there isn't a speed cap for torps in the way there are for ships. However, Sinklair's training and perks still set the limit somewhere. Once you have unlocked all torpedo speed talents and added 4 epic torpedo speed perks, it can't get any faster than that.

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'd use all speed perks and all speed trainings.

Accuracy > damage

10. Mad_Bulls_007

Then any idea, what the maximum speed will be after equipping all the epic speed perks and unlocking all talents?

11. Mad_Bulls_007

I'll try what @Eeyore has said. I felt that was a really good argument there. Also, with the 2 years of experience that he has , he knows what's the best. :)

12. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Joey who

What suits you. From my experience seeing the top on an enemy ship gives off that there is a torpedo coming and the lower your torp speed the easier it is to dodge it. Also from my experience. You need to have good luck and preeictions to dodge a swift torp with 4 speed perks. Because the higher the speed the more accuracy.

But don't just take my word. Here are some maths.

Say adding 4 speed perks gives you 100% accuracy. While having 4 damage perks gives you 50% accuracy but more damage.

Say your torp with all speed perks does 2000 damage. But your torp with all damage perks gives you 3000 damage.

10 shots with all speed perks would give you a total of 20,000 damage.

10 shots of all damage perks would give you 15,000 damage.

But again. You might have a better feel for damage perks so that it would be best to test it yourself! :)

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Lol dat math.

Torpedo will never have 100% accuracy, and reducing the number of speed perks will not reduce accuracy by 25% each. So many factors involved, like the type of ship you are aiming at.

Aether_Zero and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  15. Joey who

Was an example showing the difference in damage if you are more accurate

16. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

As a general rule of thumb I like using percentage perks on weapons that already have a high attribute in that area. This is why using crit chance perks multiply snipers 10% crit chance base but are ineffective on other cannons with a 1% crit chance.

So speed perks on swift torp have a larger effect and damage perks on big torp have a larger effect.

The strategy with my mortars and juggling range perks and damage perks is I find the spot where I have just enough range to be able to use my mortar effectively in certain areas of the map. So you really have to test it out and see how many speed perks you need to feel you can hit considtently. Eeyore has seemed to find that balance for himself. Maybe start there and decide whether you need more or less speed and dial it in.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2018
  17. Joey who

If you want a more realistic situation... Imagine the next 10 shots with speed perks will hit but with no speed perks your next 10 shots will only hit 5

ryanllts likes this.
  18. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

All damage perks on the big torp, with #9 on sinklair helping with speed .. My max epic big is doing 3237 (still need the 2% in burnice) and I don't have any issue hitting with it.

Other than my sniper, I've done the more damage with it than any other weapon.

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.