1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Eeyore’s torpedo tips - Catch it yourself!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Eeyore, 30 Dec 2017.

?

What’s your most dificult torpedo to hit someone ?

1. Big torpedo

87.1%
  2. Swift torpedo

12.9%
  1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I’m creating this thread in a form to pass by all
    my knowledge of torpedoes usage. It’s open for all people to question or even ask me out for a custom match, to see how it works In game.

I might not be here anyone in a future time, but I do see tons of player with torpedo rigs that have talent, but most of them just get upset and ending up scraping it or even changing to other weapons in order to gain INFAMY, not SKILLS.

So, would be nice if this thread, we all talk everything about torps! Personal experiences, screenshots, print screen of your torps and perks, questions, dificulties, anything about it! After the frost nerf from last update, I’ve seen that most ppl quit using torps. But remember, there is no need to use frost if you got the right stuff to hit your enemy. Never used frost and reached my infamy above 5k already, so why not anyone else ? Let’s keep the torpedo culture on!

736D623C-6D1B-401C-B984-BF235455B122.jpeg

Last edited: 30 Dec 2017
  2. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

I love torpedos... but I’m a huge believer in speculation shots. If you aim one like, 45 degrees away from an annoying speeder, not at a wall but out into open water, he will subconsciously dismiss it as not a threat. So he dodges your mortar, maybe even your sniper if his timing is lucky with the NO2, and wham. Big Torpedo right up the yinyang.

Also great for taking a huge bite out of those tanks... some horrifyingly fast defender gets your scent, keep your eye open for a friendly torpedo incoming and catch it yourself ... it’s scary wondering if its a friendly fish or not lol but you could end up killing him with it.

And keep an eye out for a defender coming over a wave at you... if you can catch him on the crest he will never see it coming

3. GoreSnorkle

Also I think this thread is on point... should move it from random to a higher profile section.

Tips and tricks

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I’ve posted on off topic so ppl could write whatever they want, some discussions lead to stuff off topics lol

5. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Wow i love ur build... how long did it take u to make it
    18000 battles suggests months played lol

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

2 years buddy, lol

7. vis1234567899

Wait the game was around for that long???

8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Soft-launched March 10th, 2016. ;)

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Most old players that you see arround are from the soft launch time. We’ve played months until global launch. So most ppl have he same reaction when we say that we’ve played this whole time. Plus, on that period, I’ve had to stop playing cuz of my work, 5 months on board.

10. GoreSnorkle

Was this thread always subtitled “catch it yourself?” How did i not notice that when i posted my thing?

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Lol!

12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Since the obvious choice is Big torpedo,I voted swift

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  13. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Who knows ? There might be people that is not used to it’s speed lol. Have seen tons of players that doesn’t manage well the swift lol

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm one of them. I liked setting up long-game traps, like in dropdead, where I dropped a big, and raced beside it to divert attention. You cannot do that with swift.

Anyway, we all know, since this is a torping thread, this is going to follow, but:
    A) Everyone who has unique tricks, write about them.
    B) Everyone who's a content creator, put up all of your torp vids, we could use them.

And of course, feel free to watch this one(except for those who've already seen it, to you I apologize, it's the trickshots vid).

Nikkie! and Mr. Chompers like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we had all that together in one place! :)
    Imagine if this was made before! We would have tons of tips and videos all in one place !

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I'm going to do the exact same thing as @Babablacksheep did, just for fun. I can always change my vote :p
    I will paste a picture of my torp once I get it to lvl 30(currently lvl 28).
    I use swift, an I'm currently trying to get to those Sinklaire talents that buff it's speed by 15%, so it feels like I'm using a Tesla Bolt, which is very easy to hit with.

Nikkie! and Eeyore like this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I’ll start up talking about my setup of torps:

CF09CE4E-269A-4780-9F26-5AE9497F44CA.png 956AB182-806F-495A-B368-71749F6BC9CD.png B9BEE257-BC52-4600-9211-8197CF1F9C00.png

As @P0rthos said in his video time ago, I work with a set of 3 torpedoes. I did almost none change from that time till today.

I’ve chose those perks for a reason.
    Big torps can’t be too speedy or too slow. So I did a mid term there, where I got used to. If too speedy you will sacrifice a huge amount of damage. If too slow, well, probably anyone will dodge it.

Swift is more versatile, they splash less but can get a right hit most times. I don’t see the need to put epic speed perks on my swift, otherwise it will become too fast and propably will reach the other side of the map even before the enemies do. Also, might not go along with the big ones.

If you see me at battle, you will always see me sending the two big ones first, than the swift one. When I do this - and that’s the intention - it’s almost like they reach the same place at a time. Swift’s speed is so big that can catch up with the big ones ahead. It’s intended to look like a triple torpedo shot and it’s also confusing, since the enemy is most time ready to dodge one of them, but suddenly appears other one with great speed. So yes, you can send them to a direction that you know it won’t hit the enemy, but as soon as you do this, most players react instantly fleeing to the opposite side, and that’s the moment you can take the hit, This a little of induction and prediction when choosing which spot will you send your torpedoes on match.

18. vis1234567899

Lol ur epic big torp can one - shot me

19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

It’s not even T5 yet :( need just one more big epic haha

20. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student

Paying tribute to the torpedo senpai.
    Made this big torpedo compilation a few months ago, hope you can enjoy it!