1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking Improvement Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BAJABLASTOISE, 17 May 2018.

1. BAJABLASTOISE

BAJABLASTOISE Active Member

While I believe that overall this game is amazing, when I play, it seems for the most part my team gets obliterated, or we do the obliterating. A lot of total domination or total destruction and not a whole lot of thrillers. This is sort of ambiguous though, I have not ever really stopped to examine what issues may exist so I thought this might be an opportunity for us as a community to have a friendly discussion!

That being said, there are tons of threads centered around this idea - what we need is concise examples of where we think it is broken so it is helpful for the developers.

Rules:
    1.Problems related to matchmaking must be backed up with examples
    2.All comments MUST be constructive. If you are tired of this game, don't give it your time or your money, don't complain in the forums.
    3. Please keep suggestions simple/small. Rovio cannot remake the whole system - as great as it sounds on paper matchmaking based soley or mainly on gear score is not going to happen.
    4. No flaming; no bad-mouthing Rovio, attacking fellow battlers, or the people who comment on the thread.

OK so I'll start! One thing that might help improve the quality of matchmaking is not allowing two fleets on one team unless both teams have two fleets. Teamwork (or lack thereof) makes or breaks a match! I have included a screenshot of a match where both fleets were on our team, and we obliterated them. I would not be surprised if at least one player on the other team was like... oh come on!!
    [​IMG]

Secondly, I personally feel like the system should not allow two fixers on a team and no fixers on the other. While two fixers can limit the firepower of that team, in my experience they're pretty much guaranteed to win!

What do you guys think?

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I think matchmaking is fine. With millions of players, it can't be perfect.

3. BAJABLASTOISE

BAJABLASTOISE Active Member

And that is a fair opinion. Not helpful to this thread... but nothing wrong with having your opinion lol!

At least you bumped it for me. ;)

4. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Agreed, this thread should be locked. Focus on new content and leave match making alone.