1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New system to prevent floaters

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Neptune_Gaming, 2 May 2018.

?

Do you support it?

1. Yes

2. Yes,but with some tweaks

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

So, are you just tired of having floaters in your team and want to change it?
    This is my solution.
    The idea is a concept from another game, Arena Of Valour.
    It is a system of giving every player credibility points.
    Credibility points is a system in which you are punished if you go AFK / float and every player starts with 100 credibility points.
    If you are not moving for a long time, the game senses it and reduces your credibility points.
    The longer matches in Arena of Valour last for about 45 minutes!
    Therefore, if there is a floater in your team, your team has a MASSIVE disadvantage.
    Once, 5 minutes in the match I had to go out.
    So, I left the match (I did feel bad)
    Once, I returned, I lost 5 credibility points for floating.
    So,my rewards next matches were significantly lower till I regained my credibility points.
    If you lose 15 or more credibility points, you will get temporarily or permanently BANNED from the game.
    I do see its future in Battle Bay
    @The Grim Repair @Zeus @TheAntiSnipe @The Otherguy @Bradley Thorinsson @Mr. Chompers @HAPPY SITHSHA @Ian @What's Up Player @Help I Cant Swim @a_creeper_won @Ash KOT @Rainbow Warrior@TheFixer27
    EDIT: Please poll

Last edited: 3 May 2018
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    But how will the game detect if you DC or you actually AFK?
    People don't wanna be unfairly treated.

3. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

It will be fair ,if we extended this method ,

Like this , you credibility points will decrease and increase during 1h ,
    And if your credibility points are less than 75 or 80 when 1h finish you will be punished till you get back to 100 credibility points

(but during that 1h you wont be punished even if you have 0 credibility points) ,

But you can get up to 120 credibility points ,so if you play normally it won't effect you if you got disconnected for 1 or 2 matches .

Neptune_Gaming and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  5. Neptune_Gaming

Like I do not know that.
    There should be a way .
    The devs may know.

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    You've gone way off my argument, let me say what i was trying to get here. Losing credibility points because of a disconnection, you can't really do much about that. Disadvantaging the places that have pretty poor connection. How can you grind credibility points, if u have poor connection and while taking the risk of getting disconnected more you wouldn't be able to get back ur points.

7. Neptune_Gaming

No system is 100% Correct.
    Note: I am not arguing with your point.
    The point you mentioned is a definite flaw in the system.
    But, In Arena Of Valor, the game records your internet connection before the game.
    If it is crosses a limit, the game either cancels your game( if the internet is WAY too slow) or advises you to check your connection.
    So, a person has a slow connection , the guys in his team suffer.
    I know it is not the fault of the guy with the slow internet connection, but if not him, who are you going to blame?
    Even though this inherent flaw, I think this system is better than the current one.
    Also, if the guy has a slow connection at the start of the game BUT it remains throughout the game witthout changing throughout the game, he has tried his best, maybe we could not charge him credibility points..
    This would cover your point of not disadvantaging the places with poor connection or atleast, people who try to win there.

8. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

And like what i said if you got disconnected couple of times it wont effect you because you won't get punished because you have 1h(that 1h start after you get below 100 or 95 credibility points) to get to 100 ,

But what if your connection is lost a lot of times ,and you can fix it in any ways at current time? This why i said you can have up to 120 credibility points , so you can get disconnected as many times as needed to know that you should stop playing now till your connection is fixed without being punished ,how?

Let's say that most of battles stand for 3:30( it is actually 3:00 but no problem) ,so -3.5 credibility points,
    so 120-95= 25/3.5= 7.1 this mean you can be a floater for 7 battles without being punished ,that is not mentioning that if you play a match without being disconnected that will give you 3.5 credibility points .

And if someone has a very bad connection then he should stop playing till he find a solution for his connection( it isn't his fault ,but he isnt having fun because he doesn't even play and he make his team lose ,so )

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

It wont solve much.
    Innocent people will get caught up in this, phonecalls interrupting games or connection dropping out and you will be punished.

Also the people maliciously floating trying to tank infamy will just do it less blatantly, and do creative floating, where they move around the map, and shoot near the targets but miss every shot.
    Very hard to punish as technically it could just be a bad player.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

:(

TheFixer27 likes this.
  11. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I'll personally suggest anyone who goes floating or inactive during the battle then he/she should LOSE TWICE THE INFAMY of normal rate. and if a team win a battle even if there's a floater in there team then that inactive player will gain NO INFAMY!

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  12. Neptune_Gaming

That certainly is another side of it.:(

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

There is a big flaw in this :)
    Why do you think the malicious floaters (intentional) are floating?
    They want to drop infamy.
    So to punish them you propose that if their team wins, they should not gain infamy, this is exactly what they want!
    So the poor players who get genuinely disconnected when trying to win, get robbed of their infamy they were fighting for, and the guy who is abusing the system trying to avoid gaining infamy, gets exactly what he wanted?

Last edited: 2 May 2018
  14. Neptune_Gaming

Ya, but in my system, you will get banned if you lose too many credibility points/go AFK in a short period of time.
    If a person is poorly disconnected, losing points is just a warning.You certainly can gain back the points

What's Up Player likes this.
  15. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

From your opinion, you have sympathy for the poor players. How about the other-four good players side? Should they suffer from the poor players with the numerious reasons that the good players cannot control? The good players may be dedicated to shield them out from ringing by taking the SIM out, to use a phone to just only play BB, to call internet provider to fix the bad internet. For whatever reaons the bad players have, the bad players should be punished in some way to encourage the good players to do good.

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think we should apply laws of game theory and incentivize good play instead of punishing bad play. How about the honor system? Honor your teammates just after you die(so you don't even have to wait until the end of the match). Honored players get some bonus rewards, rewarding everyone to play better.

Ash KOT likes this.
  17. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Some players try to lose infamy on purpose, so this would actually help them :(

18. Neptune_Gaming

ya but then less people will have him floating! Resulting in more even matches as he will reach lower infamies faster ,making less people have him in his team

super_sonic181 likes this.
  19. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

May I ask why they do want to drop infamy?

20. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    For easier matches.