1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Player, Lots of Questions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FiiNami, 26 Mar 2018.

1. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Started playing yesterday..currently level 8, using Shooter and floating around 170-300 infamy..

My questions..
    1.Guild help to progress? How?
    2.Best way to spend pearls?
    3.Infamy important in early game? If no, then when is the time to start pushing higher..
    4.Is it worth playing competitively? Or the top level just full of cheater and frustration
    5.How far can I go F2P before hitting pay wall?
    6.General tips on early stage upgrades?
    7.Hows the community?
    8.Anything else I need to know

If theres already an answer in form of a thread, I would appreciate if someone link me to it :)

2. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

First of all, Welcome to the Bay! :)

Starting off :

1. Yes, you make new friends and team up with them to play battles, also when u join guilds you get to compete in rivalry with other guilds , you get to complete quests and earn rewards, and the rewards are amazing! :p

2. Probably saving them is the best option, I use them on boosts(guild rivalries) but at an early stage saving is recommended!

3. First u need to learn and understand the game, and try every ship till u find "the ONE" for u, then u can start pushing if u want!

4. Yes, it's worth playing competitively!

5. Sky is the limit(if you have patience and skill , you can even get to nightmare without paying a single buck!)

6. Don't rush on upgrades, try out weapons till you find the weapon which suits you. Then you can start upgrading! :)

7. Amazing! Probably the reason why people come back to the game. :p

8. Participate in community and enjoy the game! :)

That's all!!! :)

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Buying crates with pearls isn't a terrible idea either :)

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

The one cost 400 pearls??

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    The one for 3900 is technically the best deal, but most people don't have the patients for that. If rares are still good for you, the 400 chest isn't bad.

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Yeah, what The Otherguy said!

PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    PastelPiku and FiiNami like this.
  8. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!
    1. Find a good guild and just help out however you can. Wether it be boosts or playing a lot. Also remember that first place isn’t everything. 42k is really good and you should grab it if you can but just completing quests still gets you a lot of tokens. Try to save your tokens for when something really good comes up in a raffle.

2. Pearls are best saved up early game so you can buy a really good perk in the shop if you don’t have to money. Late game it’s really good for guild boosts so you all can push for number one. They are also really good to use for more inventory space.

3. Infamy isn’t much to sweat. As you level up you’ll naturally rise in it. You’ll have your big rises and your big falls.

4. If your referring to season rewards then it’s up to you. Most rewards aren’t really good until the top.

5. As long as you have patience you can go as far as you want! Look at my profile picture. All of those weapons are from f2p. I’m currently at 3.3k infamy.

6. In my opinion, save all epics and rares until you have 6 of each type. (They will help in guild wars later in the game when you eventually level them up and evolve them) When you have enough epics of the same type then get rid of the rares. Put items on your other ships to clear up space. But be careful.. those items on the ships will affect what kind of quests you get. Also they will be good to level up your inventory space. And remember! An epic is better than a rare 10 levels above it. (Usually) So a lvl 10 epic is better than a lvl 20 rare. Also just try to figure out what weapons you really want to use.

7. Ingame it’s good but on the forums it’s even better :)
    8. If you have any more questions just ask! Also you need 6 weapons of one type to get to max level!! The final evolution costs two weapons. Use spare weapons to store perks. Make sure to take perks off of weapons before you use them to evolve. And the raffle is a great way to earn money. And don’t be afraid to spend your money to buy parts in the shop.

Well I hope that helps. :)

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Okay, about no.8.

When you hear someone talking about a setup they call "meta", think about whether you wanna use it. If it feels more like a job than a game, don't use the setup;)

Also, shooters=snipers
    Defenders=tanks
    Enfos=chokepoint holders
    Speeders=assassins
    Fixers=healers.

Choose well!

10. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ (shooter) = Speeder Hunter/Sniper
    But shooter is your big damage dealer :)

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

My questions..
    1.Guild help to progress? How?
    Guilds allow you to participate in guild quests and earn raffle tickets which give access to some awesome gear.

2.Best way to spend pearls?
    Depends on your style. I'm a slow & patient F2P player so all my pearls went to inventory slots. I saved up all my blues and purples so I have a wide selection of gear to choose from.

3.Infamy important in early game? If no, then when is the time to start pushing higher..
    Infamy is currently insane in the early game. I strongly recommend running in a "grind" mindset until you are up at gearscore around 4500 or so. There are a ton of hidden traps around infamy. Keep it low for now (like sub 1000). Push when you are ready to battle M5/6's at 5500 gearscore and up.

4.Is it worth playing competitively? Or the top level just full of cheater and frustration
    I didn't find it worthwhile in the early levels because there are so many seal clubbers and assorted riff raff that I just couldn't take the competetion seriously. Once I got above 1500 infamy the matches I was given started making a TON more sense. Teams were more or less evenly matched. That's all I need to be competitive. I don't care what the top of the boards look like. But if you do, this is a pay-to-win game.

5.How far can I go F2P before hitting pay wall?
    Pretty far if you're really good. There's a few above 5k infamy.

6.General tips on early stage upgrades?

Yes, you need duplicates to upgrade and they get very rare as you go up in quality levels. So don't shun those uncommon items. You'll be able to level them up a LOT faster than the rares and a WHOLE LOL faster than epics. Don't upgrade any epics until you already have 4 duplicates. There is a HUGE amount of overlap between the various weapon grades. Roughly speaking, going up one grade is worth 10 levels. So a Rare-30 is about the same as an Uncommon-40.

I have some stuff in the series I'm writing, Noob-to-Noob, a compendium of dubious knowledge.

PastelPiku, FiiNami and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

@Admiral DJ hey thanks for that 6 weapon of each type tips! I didn't know evolution need player tk combine weapon..does both weapon need to be at same level as well to evolve?

PastelPiku and Cryix like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

No, not same level. Never upgrade duplicates(above lv10 at least)

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. Admiral DJ

Nope just level up one of them.

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. Zen master

Zen master Member

Early on the most important thing is to select one ship and work on upgrading it. Same with a selection of weapons/support stuff. Later on you will collect plenty of other things and can play around or switch for guild quests.
    Hold onto ur upgraded rare weapons until u have a better epic and know u never want to load em both.
    Also keep in mind complementary weapons and perks. I play a shooter and always have an fb to set enemies on fire for my guns with weapons perks. Frost weapons work well for torpedos or mortars.
    Finally, u need to develop ur style of play. Even within ship categories there are styles. Some shooters and almost all defendees are short range gun platforms, others like me hang back and lob and snipe at long range.
    In non weapon categories u need to get a good turbo so ur not a sitting duck, and some shields so u arent made of glass.
    Final piece of advice: once u know ur ship and ur goto weapons, train ur crews appropriately. There are some tough choices, so think em through.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. Zen master

Zen master Member

I disagree. Eventually its very nice to have 2 tier 5 epic exp cannons. Sink almost anything in 10 secs. But yes, max one first before u start a second.

Also, with the new weapon achievements u will eventually earn an epic and even a legendary version. But remember, legendaries are very hard to upgrade since u can't count on finding another one any time soon. I have about a dozen legendary weapons, but only 2 that i've managed to upgrade to tier 2 after 18k battles

17. Zen master

Zen master Member

As to thw f2p issue, there is no wall. My guild has a few guys that have never spent a dime. And they have done very well. The only issue is their weapons take a lot longer to upgrade and they have very few legendaries. Its just a matter of time. Eventually a f2p player will still get maxed epics, it just takes a bit longer.

18. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

That depend how long you are willing to wait and how high you aim to play I guess..
    Btw what is the max inventory slot and whats the number recommend to have ?

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Zen master

Zen master Member

Well, i have no idea what the max is. I have 80 and its more than enuf.

Biggest issue is how many ships ur working on. U need 12 for ur parts at all times. Then every weapon u want to max needs 6. U can throw em on ur other boats if u run out of space but then they may show up as a personal quest.
    Thats why i recommend choosing one ship to work on, and a set of weapons to upgrade. But u always need space for the epic weapons when ghey show up. Even if u have no intention to use it any time soon. Eventually u may want it and wjll regret the time to collect em again.

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Just start a quest and to the requirements. Try not to go for star/ ship kills quests.
    Call me P2Wbut I like to use them on epic crates
    Don’t push till you have MK 5
    I think that mid level is the place to be.
    You’ve already hit that wall
    Upgrade rates and epics. They will be useful in the days to come.
    Check out the first pinned topic in off topic and see for yourself
    Shooters probably gonna get a nerf soon.
    If theres already an answer in form of a thread, I would appreciate if someone link me to it :)