1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Problem connecting Wi-Fi with UDP error message

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Tofu, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Tofu

Tofu New Member

Hi,

I can't play Battle Bay when I'm on a free wi-fi spot and this message appears : "Your internet provider doesn't support high performance network (UDP)". Is there any solution?
    Thank You

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I get that when I'm on a super slow 4G connection as well, I think it has to do with the slow internet.

3. Tofu

Tofu New Member

Never have this message on slow 4g connection (it disconnects or lag), only on wi-fi..

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This message means that the HTTP based login goes through but the game can not connect to the game servers using UDP protocol.
    It is very likely that the free wi-fi spot you are using blocks UDP traffic from their firewall.

StrictSalmon307 and Tofu like this.
  5. Tofu

Tofu New Member

ok thank you

6. AdmiralVerlaque

AdmiralVerlaque New Member

Hi,

I'm also getting this message. I've checked with my network provider and all is working on their end. It only happens when on 4G. WiFi is fine.

If the Udp protocol is being blocked via 4G, how to be allow it?

Device: Sony Experia XZ2 Premium

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Sep 2018
  7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Get a new network provider; preferably one that doesn't lie to you about what traffic is/isn't being blocked. This message only appears if the UDP ports used for Battle Bay (or the protocol itself entirely) are blocked at the network level.

Alternatively you could try using a piece of VPN software that tunnels your traffic over TCP, but this may increase latency. I can't recommend any specific provider for this, and it's definitely not a "supported" way to play Battle Bay.

AdmiralVerlaque likes this.
  8. AdmiralVerlaque

AdmiralVerlaque New Member

Thanks for your advice on this matter, I'm not best pleased with my provider as they said it was BB side and not a network problem. I will raise this with them for sure.
    Thanks again.