1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Team Matching Is A JOKE

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HH Hippo, 26 Jan 2018.

1. HH Hippo

HH Hippo New Member

Battle Bay obviously puts teams together to make some people lose, so they will spend more money. Their objective has to be to make everybody at 50% win ratio. They know people will spend more money when you get on a losing streak. Little do we know, they are behind these losing streaks. Putting the strongest teams against weaker teams. Not a surprise for Rovio.

How about this Rovio. We spend enough money with you guys. How about we all stop until you level the playing field.

Blueee and DerrickRose like this.
  2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I have plenty of my own complaints about the matchmaking but it'd help me to understand your complaint if you would post the team screen you're referring to.

3. k406k

k406k Active Member

How about this one? Usually I don't have a problem, but this one is just crazy!!! Screenshot_2018-01-27-20-17-28.png

4. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Lel. Turning players into payers. Not only this game. Every game company is now doing that(some are great)
    Just deal with bro. Just play for fun bro. Its just a game bro.

yellow flash likes this.
  5. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Sometimes youre on the left,
    sometimes youre on the right.
    Variety is the spice of life so
    I dont see a problem.

See it as a challenge and rise above it :)

6. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

How do you even call this a fair Match Making. This was just crazy... How do u even face 3 mk6 defenders in one teamo_O

Attached Files:

7. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

What is it you're actually looking for?
    I want variable, winnable, quick matchups.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Y'all want unbalanced? I'll show you unbalanced.
    [​IMG]
    It took all of my skill and THEN some to take out those two mk6 speeders.

DaveRay35 and Neu like this.
  9. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

So u think it's ok to put 5 defenders on 1 team and call it a fair match making. We Mk5 stand no chance against these beast's with 12-13k HP, where we will be smashed like bug:( I think It's really bad match Making when u get 5 fixers on ur team(Which happened to others) or have 5 defenders on ur opponents team. I don't think it's bad to wait for a certain time.. because I am all up for fair Match Making even if I have to wait for 5-10 min:)

10. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Rather than moan about what happens, could you clearly lay out what it is you think is fair matchmaking? I'm afraid I find it very hard to believe that you'd be happy to look at a loading screen for 10 minutes waiting to play a game.

Personally I am happy to have a wide variation in fairness to play often. It generally evens itself out (someone has to be on either side) so what is actually the problem?

11. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

No! If you want to lose like that it's OK . We can't have fun at all with that stupid Rovio JOKE matching

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  12. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

13. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Look Here

Cpt. Dong likes this.
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Quit whining. The matchmaking is fine. Sometimes you get put against better teams. Sometimes you get put against worst teams. In the end it always balances out to 50/50.

This is such a rare occurrence that it shouldn't be taken into consideration. Crazy matchmaking like this comes into play maybe once every couple hundred games. And this one is easily explainable...
    Your team has 3 mk6s at a legit infamy, plus 1 mk6 that has obviously tanked a lot so is getting matched at his previous high infamy or whatever. He just happens to be fleeted with a super low infamy mk2, but because you are ALWAYS MATCHED AT THE HIGHER INFAMY OF THE FLEET, his infamy doesn't matter to the matchmaking system. If that guy had just been fleeted with somebody similar to him or even an mk5, this matchmaking would have actually been in your favor because you'd have 4 mk6s to the oppositions 3. Yet again.. this is a very rare occurrence.

That game is perfectly fair. You have the yellow-boat advantage plus you are only down 1 mk6. What is the problem here?

Um no. That game is actually weighted in YOUR FAVOR. They have 1 more mk6, which is a negligible difference. But your team actually has an average infamy of 2958 (excluding your fleetmate) and their team has an average infamy of 2943. The reason your fleetmate's infamy is not included in the average is because of how fleets work. From what I've seen, the bottom person's infamy is not weighed into the equation. So it is actually YOUR FAULT THAT YOU FLEETED WITH SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME INFAMY.

Yes, that is fair. They only have 1 more mk6 than you do. But you have the yellow-boat advantage. Defenders are absolutely not as strong as a good yellow boat. On top of that, your team actually has a HIGHER AVERAGE INFAMY. You have 3384 while they have 3356. Neither of these values include the lower-infamy of the fleets, because that is not included in the matchmaking system.

Everybody needs to just quit whining about the matchmaking. You win half your battles and you lose half your battles. That is how it is supposed to be. The only real issues with matchmaking are: the exclusion of the lower-infamy fleetmate's infamy in the matchmaking calculations and how to handle apparent infamy tankers.

DaveRay35 and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's something up with the precision with which we lose the 50% that rubs me the wrong way imo. I don't mind disbalance.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Some transparency would be nice....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

HOLY COW MK 2 AT 3000 INFAMY :eek::eek::eek::eek:

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

See...

19. k406k

k406k Active Member

Not whining mate, just sharing an obviously disadvantaged matchup. Like I said I rarely have an issue, but that one was just crazy and I thought it worth sharing

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That’s as much a player issue as a matchmaking issue. When two players fleet, they both count as having the same infamy as the higher player. And when someone in a mk6 drops below 2500, they still count as having around 2500 (to stop them bullying smaller ships).

In this case the 1100 mk6 has fleeted with a mk2, and so both of them got matched at 2500.

It’s true that matchmaking could be tweaked to prevent that kind of abuse, but in fairness players could also not do stupid stuff like fleeting with a mk2, tanking thier own infamy, and using boats that they haven’t levelled up.