1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion the current state of speeder.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blitz, 15 Sep 2018.

Tags:
  1. Blitz

Blitz Member

Speeder ships have been too much nerfed.
    My infamy got dropped from 1300s to freaking 800s.
    Why nerf the ship agility?
    Even when the ship agility was at 1000, the aiming was fine as I adjusted the camera sensitivity.
    Now I can't use my tesla bolt as I used to. At a close distance, I can't easily turn the turret and I miss it 7 out of 10 times.
    It didn't use to be like that.
    Seriously, I am starting to hate to play the game now.
    Is it just me? I love this game and I've been investing a lots of time on this game.
    (I know that my fellow speeder players are considering the change of their ships.)

Last edited: 15 Sep 2018
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I used to love playing Speeder, but I basically just want to quit the game and uninstall, when I try to play it now.

The trouble is, there are always a couple of guys who make it into the top 10-20 playing Speeder, so it’s difficult to argue that it’s a weak ship, even when you can feel how disadvantaged it is.

I think that the problem with Speeder is that it was originally designed to be ‘difficult but rewarding’. What went wrong, however, is that in a competitive game where people play thousands and thousands of matches, people inevitably got good with it, and then everyone complaind it was OP. But really it wasn’t ‘OP’, it was always designed to reward high skill, that’s how it was balanced. But when everyone has ‘high skill’ it starts to seem unbalanced, so they nerfed it, and kept nerfing it.

The issue with it now, and why it annoys me so much, is that it’s very high skill, but not really rewarding at all. You’ve got to play your ass off, to still be worse than a guy who just floats there and mashes the fire button. That’s not right.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder needs a buff, and well, I'm not even threatening to quit playing it, because I no longer do lol. Used to be a speeder main, 5000+battles. Before 3.2. Post-3.2, everything went wrong. Agi means that my style of playing speeder is no longer viable. Well, bye bye speeder, I'll be playing only enfo in ranked.

Nikkie!, Hokuse, BattleRascal and 4 others like this.
  4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Speed is worthless now... turrets track it too fast...

Why devs?! If you hate speeder so much, why not remove it?

Elyport, Hokuse and BattleRascal like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Seeing as some of them main speeder AND quite easily kick most players' collective *BASS BOOST*es, I'd say they do love speeder. Well, whatever. I ain't playing it in Ranked till it gets a buff, I keep getting wrecked in Ranked, and when I win, it's basically my team carrying me. I don't want to play a ship that does not allow me to duel even with that insane agi stat. Hit-and-run? Imma give that a miss lol

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. REAL"

REAL" Member

Speeder do need a buff

As it is a high risk boat, It should come with high return.
    But at this moment, we don't see the advantages of using speeder.

Enforcer can deal more damage than speeder in a safety situation (double bubble plus bandage). In fact, the 2 slot explosive cannon perform quite similar to a 1 slot blast cannon after the cooldown time nerf. Meanwhile, the reload time of tesla bolt is too long. As a result, our assassin (speeder) act more like a supportive boat now which is litter bit unbalanced.

By the way, I think that looking at statistics are sometimes different form real battle experience

I suggest Dev can unlock every epic items of their account and try different setup to battle with players. It may helps for gaining real battle experience. I believe people would not think it is unfair because it is fun and we all know it is for better development.
    I personally think that it is much more better than giving YouTuber free epic for testing.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

:D<-- My reaction on speeder.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz Member

Yeah. Now the turrets turn fast, you need to compensate it with more ship agility but no. They nerfed it. Freaking 80 now.
    I thought that the whole concept of speeder was fast and agile ship. I focused mainly on my speeder ship which is MK5, but I never upgraded other ships because it requires so much gold to buy parts from the store. I don't know what to do now. Even if I want to use other ships, I can't use them. I am not threatening to quit but I don't have any viable option other than quitting if the game is going to be like this from now on.

9. TheAntiSnipe

What level are you, and what is your setup? Maybe I can help you

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Only Thanos can help speeders now.
    tenor.gif

Nikkie! and Agile Vanguard like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Lmao. Ded meme my friend:p

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think there are a couple of things counting against speeder at moment.
    Obviously agility and turret speed of the other ships. But also the recent speed buff of some weapons plus speedy perks.

I think there is a secondary effect of fewer speeders, I'm starting to see more mortars being used.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Mortar spam? Where?
    *Sees the sky darkening as three Bertas and an LRM beam down on him*
    Oh well, I've had a good run.

14. Shadow Moon!

That's sad. Less speeders when you want to make game fast paced or action packed.

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It's not a massive increase yet, but I think there is an increase.
    It is a logical chain reaction of having fewer speeders.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Highly possible.

I ditched my grenade in favour of my flare this morning. There were top NML speeders online, and I got beat up by ckim because I simply couldn't go all out with my double blast 'nade. Made me realise that I had been encountering very few speeders in the weeklong event.

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    H e c c it. I'm running speeder. Wish me luck

EDIT: fine

18. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Went from 1200 to 700ish after the update. Like TheAntiSnipe, I have switched to enforcer and shooter now cause I don't see much point in playing speeder anymore.

I also hate that shooter can freeze me as a speeder.

19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I saw that edit lol

20. TheAntiSnipe

Edit? What edit?

Nikkie! likes this.