1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Item-Smoke Bomb

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by StillOP, 24 Oct 2018.

1. StillOP

StillOP Member

Hello, captains. I have conjured a suggestion for the bay. Here is my explination for my idea- the Smoke Bomb.

The Smoke Bomb is a yellow 1 cost utility item.

It creates a half sphere of smoke in the water which lasts for x seconds.

The smoke bomb creates smoke where both teams can not see through.

The smoke bomb also hides player tags when ships are in the smoke or trying to look through the smoke and can not see player tags of enemy ships if no other ship on your team can see the enemy ship.

The cooldown of the smoke bomb will be long at first to balance the fact it is a 1 cost item, but will decrease its cooldown with talents. Not by much, but noticable after many talents.

Topics of Discussion:
    Should the friends (the team who shot the smoke bomb) be able to see through the smoke while in the smoke?

How would this affect weapons like the mine or the repair box?

Do you like this idea? (If you do, like it!)
    Give thoughts of anything else in the comments.

2. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

What about a concussion bomb? It launches like a mortar and stuns unfriendly ships in a radius for 10 sec

3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Nice idea!

Maybe the Friends only see the tags through the smoke screen, but not the ships themselves, whereas the Unfriends don't see anything at all.

Regards,
    Flint

4. marky04

marky04 New Member

An AoE 10 second stun would prove too lethal to the enemy team and the game itself, maybe make the duration of the effect vary depending on how close you are to the center, much like the frost launcher

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Hiding torpedo attacks through the smoke bomb would be a nice strategy.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.