1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Would a Practice Mode benefit the game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Cyn, 5 Sep 2017.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

One thing that I dislike about the game, is that you can't test and practice with different weapons and combinations without playing battles that still count towards your Infamy score, which means you're also affecting the Infamy score of your teammates. The other day I was practicing with a Tesla Bolt on my Fixer, and felt bad about how poorly I was playing with it. I quickly went back to a Frost Launcher, but wish there was a mode that I could practice with it.

I really like the Combat Training Mode in Call of Duty where you can test out new weapons and strategies without potentially dragging down a team because you're learning something new. Overwatch and League of Legends also have Practice Modes where you can test out new functions, familiarize yourself with maps, and practice against different heroes, against AI. Those modes do not affect game rankings. Yes, in the very beginning we do familiarize ourselves with the game against AI, but that passes relatively quickly for anyone that's halfway decent at the game.

Would you be supportive of a Training or Practice mode? Or have a lot of you simply reached a level of expertise in the game that testing out different set ups doesn't affect your play level much?

Bill Miller, Skye, Uerguy and 3 others like this.
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yes please. I'd love a practice mode, though highly unlikely.

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I hope they do it soon. Id love to try new ships and stuff with out measing up others games

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    A training area with bots would be fantastic. I'm sure it is something the Devs have thought about.

Skye and The Otherguy like this.
  5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, this is top of my wish list for this game. Practice mode with 5 a/i opponents, to practice shooting and map strategies.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes it would.

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE if there were trainings on leading shots, timing, etc. based on infamy level.

For example: on practice mode one of the challenges could be landing a blast cannon shot on a speeder with max speed using overboost and being at the blast cannons max range. It could repeat over and over and say "GREAT HIT!" every time you hit.

Or a shooter can be at max range of a explosive cannon.

Or maybe a land a bullseye with every mortar against moving bots challenge

Many more...

These little features could have a great impact on helping players improve.

Ultrah and cgr3asy like this.
  7. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Yes!
    There are many weapons I want to try, but don't want to ruin fights over it. I've never tried railgun for example.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I would love something like that. Even if it were just an empty map to drive around.

It would be nice for trying out new builds, exploring the arenas, and practice.

Also, sometimes I find rated games a bit stressful. I'm not always in the mood for gambling my hard earned infamy on the impulses of 9 strangers (9 if I'm lucky). And I don't always have the time to grind it back if I lose. So it would be nice just to have a more chilled space, where I can drive around and blow things up in peace.

The Otherguy and Ultrah like this.
  9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

agreeing i am

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I think they could just put the tutorial in the beginning and with a few changes( deleting the move to a location stuff, add all the maps, give the ability to choise weapons and ships) make it a practise ground.

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    That is the #1 thing I would like to see added...

12. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Agreed! It could be more purposed if it was a mini-game where you could earn gold/sugar. You get 2 minutes, x gold per kill or target hit. I could see bots being very cool, but maybe a harder request to be programmed. You could select 1-5 bots and maybe what league! I would even settle for random cardboard targets around a course that I could drive around and hit for a speed run and/or fun (ahem mini-game). A lot of the FPS have a training course like this. (ie. Titanfall 2)

The Otherguy likes this.