1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a 5 vs 5 fleet action?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Buzz..., 23 Oct 2017.

1. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

I love the fleet concept but its limited to only 2 members. i would like to play 5 vs 5 fleet wars , since the fleet has "not over 800 infamy " rule i guess it would also make a better match making.
    what you all think?

2. seaksezar

seaksezar New Member

i have 2 nephew with me so total we are 3 at my home. I can fleet only 1 of them and other nephew get upset. We should able to fleet with 1-2-3-4-5 people at a time please.

xxxBISMARCKxxx and Chakue like this.
  3. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    5v5 has been mentioned before but the main issue is that if 5 wallet warriors or top players fleet up, who will they be matched up with?

4. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

they will not get matched , they should get message no matches are available , because of only top 10-100 players they are ignoring this feature what about rest of (5 millions -100) players.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  5. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    No. Too op.

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Whoever the next top 5 online is

7. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

why op?

8. A55A51N

Student
    Because it will unbalance the matches. 5 communicating people will beat 5 random people. And 5 whales would easily beat everyone (or 5 mk7). Fleet of 3 could still be balanced, but not 4 or 5

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why not separate matchmaking for five man fleets?

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  10. A55A51N

Student
    As a separate quild war thing, this would be awesome. But with normal matchmaking, I don’t see a way that it would work.

- ZeroFactor - and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Nothing prevents other players from 5 man fleeting. If we are able to fleet 5 then more and more ppl will do it so ull see more ppl going against 5 man fleets with thier 5 man fleet. There is also a option to do like a guild war deal were u can match with other 5 man fleets ONLY.

Buzz... likes this.
  12. A55A51N

Student
    I agree, as a separate game mode it would work, but I personally don’t want to play against a fleet of (let’s say) bunta, master baitet, rng benjen, brizo and orpheus.

13. *Rubber Duck*

Would be a tuff team to go against. I know it seems op atm cuz we are not use to it but if the game came to the 5 man fleets over time it would be a normal thing....ppl would have set teams they run with and are good with, ppl would use voice alot more, and ud see more and more teamwork. The chances of u going up against 1 bad asd team over amd over id think would be rare due to time differances(they may not all be online at the same time) and other teams at the same infamy

Buzz... likes this.
  14. *Rubber Duck*

Im not real sure what they would do now though cuz anything u add like that that is a whole new game mode may take the focus away from the guild quests....with things going in the directiin of guild quests i honestly dont think a seperat game mode would be good unless it alsi conttibuted to quests. (New quests win "x" matchs were no one dies, win a match with 3 man. 4 man, and 5 man fleet)

15. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

you never know until you play, match making would be improved then, you would have moonbox, blue lotus etc on your team maybe

16. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

i agree with you , hope some dev or moderator listen & introduce this feature.

17. *Rubber Duck*

What would the pros and cons be of 5 man fleets?
    IMO
    Pros- no more afk players on ur team
    Hand picked teams(of like infamy and weapons.)
    No more suicide players on ur team
    Promotes team communication (if they use a voice chat, or even tbrew guild chat they talk about what each player needs to do befor a match)
    Can build ur boat setups around ur "team" (perks and weapons that benifit the whole team)

Cons- possible longer que times
    Not having 5 friends to fleet with and always going against 5 man fleets.....(wich should be ur issue not everyone elses)

Feel free to add in more pros and cons as u please :)

Last edited: 26 Oct 2017
  18. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

also you could play according to stratergy , means 2 fixer + 3 shooters or 2 fixers +2 shooter + 1 speeder.
    You can also decide combos as per your need if you know most of your team mates has fire bomb then you will use fire bomb perk. So it will be fun

19. RunAndHide

RunAndHide New Member

I think if this game wants to capitalize on the competetive gaming market, they're going to have to introduce 5v5 fleets at some point. It's the logical next step for the progression of the game and they can introduce tournaments, stream them on YT/Twitch to increase the viewership of the game and give out rewards to tourney winners (not OP in-game items, cash or free VIP and then increase if the popularity of the game increases).

As for 5-man fleet curbstomping, the obvious fix for this is to fix the matchmaking system so 5-man fleets are matched up against other fleeted players, even if it's smaller fleets. I think if they allowed any size fleet up to 5-man, you'd see a lot more 2/3/4 man fleets forming up which would make the games with 5-man fleets more competitive. Games with 5-man vs. all randoms would be unavoidable but I think, similar to other e-sports, you'd see a lot of the top players playing more often with a small group rather than solo queueing.

*Rubber Duck* likes this.