1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why would someone use this setup?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Flint, 17 Jul 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Yesterday I had a person in one of my battles with a mk1, whereas the other all had a mk4 or mk5. It happens more often, but when I checked out his/her setup I was in for a big surprise, see below.

I have no idea why someone does not level up his/her weapons. Could this be a test how far one can come with level 1 weapons and a mk1? I have no idea, maybe one of you has a good theory.

Regards,
    Flint

What why.jpg

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Entirely possible. I saw a player with all Mk1 ships (but evolved weapons) at 1800+ infamy, and enough levels to go to Mk3. I'm guessing it's just a challenge to them at that point.

wreck your day and BasedCarpen like this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

As long as he/she does not hold others back, then I don't see a problem. But on the other hands, I guess games are lost because of this setup. Because by now there could be a t2 or perhaps t3 rare cannon and could do twice the damage of what he/she does now.

He/she is at level 21, so could also go to mk3. Although I do get why people stick with a mk1, it is fast and more manouvarable than the others, I don't get why he/she does not level up his/her weapons.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yes, that's the issue with the "gimmick/challenge" builds - there are four (or maybe nine) other players who's game you might be negatively impacting. If there was a ranked 1v1 mode (or 2v2, because the fleet partner would know what they're getting into!) then it would be less of a concern, but to bring a build like this into a regular ranked game would seem to fall afoul of the "play your best game" guildlines, similar to the troll-builds of "all mines"

For ship Mk upgrades, generally speaking the increase in slots and other stats makes up for the loss in maneuverability - but it's important to have the items built before upgrading. And Captain 21 would give this player the option of Mk4 ships. Staying three behind is a little odd.

Flint and *JAWS* like this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

He/she used the Shooter, so why use your weakest ship?

Maybe I should have befriended him/her and ask?

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Jelly Dessert? Screenshot_2018-07-12-17-06-26.png

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That's the one! I'd think that Mk2 with the recent buffs would be a worthwhile leap.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Or another totally not OP sniper cannon

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Jelly Desert is a very skilled player! I have fleeted several times with my mk4 and mk5 and was amazed!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.