1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why was the carronade projectiles decreased from 8 to 7

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Da Carronade King, 3 Mar 2018.

1. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    As this was before I started using carronade and possibly before I started playing, why was the number of carronade projectiles decreased? Carronade players are scarce and having 8 projectiles might actually convince more people to use it. High defence kills the carronade so 8 projectiles are needed even if u do decide to put it in at the very end of Swift, I would want to get it.

vis1234567899 and Hokuse like this.
  2. Da Carronade King

Seducer
  3. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Im using carronades too. This weapon doesn't playing much because of it's hard playing stlye, not weakness. Carronade is a one of end game weapons. True potential is coming out when you have upgrade talents and weapon itself. People can't recognize it's value in early and mid game. So don't use it end games too. Im lucky to love carronades like you. I using dual carronades now and their damage quitely powerful already when you close the enemies. If it will has 8 projectiles, i called it is OP.

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Can share your swift training tree here? Just to see how have trained talents to keep up speed and carronade damage.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    I use one carronade but am building up a second one as I realise I like using carronade more than using a big torp, 8 would make more people use it but if they want they can put in the eight projectile on the same training level as 10 percent speed or even 15, so speeders give something huge up to us it.

6. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Sure,

My speed is 1.56 now, with final swift perk it will be close the cap. With an epic nitro you can cap your speed.
    Here is one of my matches,
    https://replay.battlebay.net/NZBPZHHK#GVVZMYNL

vis1234567899 likes this.
  7. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

But this time other ships that using carronade will out of control. Yoı can't just make an item OP because it isn't loving, right?

8. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Well something else can be given as an alternative like anyone using carronade will lose speed for their ship, but either way, I just want to know the reasons behind the decrease, apart from it being OP. Maybe 7.5 projectiles can be made with a projectile that does half damage;):p:D. The only reason I want more is to off set the high defence ships these days have. I meet mk6 defenders with huge defence, as the game progresses stuff like carronade need to be updated. Compared to snipers with huge crit chance 8 projectiles at a very short range which dont all even hit doesnt sound that OP. I would have rather had 8 projectiles than an range increase as more projectiles hit at a very short range.

Last edited: 3 Mar 2018
    vis1234567899 and Hokuse like this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Great I was building a carronade myself but I was all confused between overboost and speed conflict this sure will help. Thanks

10. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    U should try to balance. To keep my speed up, I dont use the training for freezing as it doenst help much anyway as people shoot and break the freeze quickly

11. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Maybe carronades needs a crit chance %1 just like other cannons. Some projectiles can deal crit damage. It will be a nice buff idea for carronade. Per projectile has low damage to gain absurd numbers from crits. So it won't make carronade OP but give it a good buff.

12. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Maybe a 5 percent crit to make it viable lol, or add perks to increase crit chnace

13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    A carro crit should be it does full damage, and ignores defense points.

14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I like that idea.

15. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Amazing idea but that only makes the crit op against shooters and defenders. Critting against a speeder with a defence of 2, might not be so wonderful;):p:D.
    Maybe when it crits it sets the target on fire (only if 6-7 projectile) hit in the first place.
    Maybe when it crits, its freeze talents put 100 percent freeze.
    Or so non....

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    A perk to decrease projectile spread?

Da Carronade King likes this.
  17. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

No, leave spread as a weakness. Same thing for missles too.