1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why so many AI bots???

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HungryMan, 5 May 2017.

1. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

I notice most of the players I play with are fake AI bots...I can tell because of the same ridiculous names with the 3 numbers at the end...some are real but most of the time it's AI...what's up with that?

2. Risu

Risu New Member

Im not sure but game gave me a name with random 3 number ending name at first. I dosent leave that place blank so some people may thought that this is their given name and didnt try to change and accept it. If we get an explanation on bots that would be great.

3. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

You need to meet the specific infamy to battle with real players. I think its 500 up you battle with real players

The Otherguy and Donovan30 like this.
  4. Risu

Risu New Member

I dont think its near that high.

5. Donovan30

Donovan30 New Member

I've noticed more real time player names at around 200+ infamy

Last edited: 5 May 2017
  6. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

@WarCream is wrong. There are no bots in this game after the initial tutorial. Just real players. When they have a 3 digit number after their name, its because the game assigned them a name since they did not select it for themselves.

No bots in Battle Bay. Just boats.

7. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Thanks for clearing that up...I thought for sure I was playing with bots

P0rthos likes this.
  8. P0rthos

hahahaha, nope. Just noobs who don't know their sterns from their bows. (boat joke...) :p

Every time you sink one of them, you can rest easy knowing you sunk the little toy boat of some very real, and very confused child somewhere.

9. P0rthos

Sorry bro, checked and confirmed with the devs. No bots beyond tutorial levels. Those are autogenerated names for players who did not select their own.

mammoth1946 and dikshift like this.
  10. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Ah, that's interesting. I didn't know not selecting a name was an option.

mammoth1946 likes this.
  11. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Ohh. I did not know they were a real player. My bad

The Otherguy and mammoth1946 like this.
  12. Vesios

Vesios New Member

Screenshot_2017-05-05-17-19-00.png Really? Just out of curiosity then, why don't they win/lose infamy? It shows it for players with chosen names but never autogenerated...I'm confused by that :/
    Finally got a somewhat example, but I've had games where everyone but me and one opponent would receive/lose infamy even if we did extremely well/poor. And everytime people with auto names aren't affected. Doesn't bother me too much, but is confusing. Also, pardon my poor performance here xD

Last edited: 5 May 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. P0rthos

:confused: screenshot or it never happened. That sounds wacky.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  14. Risu

Risu New Member

No thats true sometimes when you have so little impact on-game you dont gain infamy. And I think its not suppose to that way but same goes for losing too. I played a match where someone just stayed afk, caused us the game and didnt lose any point. Also someone from other team didnt won any. This is a-should be fixed immediatly- error I think. And infamy gain and lose should be adjusted with your own gameplay and not just losing and winning which I always win 24 or lose 24 (23 in some rare cases). I mean if I did twice the damage or may be heal than my teammates I shouldnt be losing as much point as them.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Vesios

Vesios New Member

See this can explain why, I'm trying to get a screenshot but rn in my range (400+) everyone is gaining/losing. If I see it haopen again I'll be sure to show you guys :)

16. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

I also have a screenshot of what you're talking about

Attached Files:

P0rthos and Vesios like this.
  17. Vesios

Vesios New Member

Yes! This is exactly what I'm talking about, is this something implemented to prevent dropping or something? Or is it something just completely different? Thanks for sharing :D

18. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Yea I would like an administrator to clear this up...because it doesn't make sense

Vesios likes this.
  19. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Maybe they have negative infamy before they win and for the losing team they have 0 infamy so there is no infamy to lose. just guessing.

20. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

guys i have 4 numbers so what i chose some numbers because that name was taken