1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why should AFK teammates cost teammates their Elo?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by David Bonaparte, 18 Jul 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

What happens in a different MOBA I play is that if someone AFKs, everyone on that team keeps their elo (except any partying with the afker). It makes our ratings feel a little less up to chance. I don't know what happens to the winner elo in the other game, though I suspect they just gain it as if it was a normal match.

If we are fighting 4v5 from the outset, I fail to see how the 4 can be expected to win without either 1. buying a stupendous amount of pearls (not happening) or 2. The opponents having an AFK/throwing really, really hard. Most people will find it largely impossible to make up the gap in health and raw firepower without serious blunders on the opponent's part. Its not fair to the winners, though they did nothing wrong and won't be complaining. It definitely isn't fair to the 4 losers who did NOT afk.

And before you ask, yes, it works just fine in the other game. And it has NOT resulted in an increase in AFKS and trolling.

Edit: forgot to mention that the afker loses Elo like normal, and likewise anyone partied up with him/her. I do realize this might require some complicated programming, but I think the triggers could be relatively simple. It's really hard to tell a suiciding troll from a noob except by tier, but lack of movement and no/few shots fired would be awful suspicious.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2017
    Wishaal likes this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for an Admin to respond why they will never ever give us a good function like this.

(Don't get me wrong, I really like that idea, and I really wish they would apply it to this game)