1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is this games customer support so terrible?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Salvatore, 10 May 2017.

1. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

I've now waited over 8 hours for any kind of response from this games support team regarding an issue that does not allow me to access my account at all. Before you ask, yes... I put in a ticket with rovio support.

What's the issue?

Limitbreakaaa and Sayor like this.
  2. jackmoopoo

jackmoopoo New Member

These people don't understand that customer support isn't just something to push over and do it later?

3. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

It just makes me laugh because even a "we are working on it, please be patient" would pacify me for a significant time... but instead I'm just ignored.

4. jackmoopoo

jackmoopoo New Member

Ikr, one time I got something from this company and it was two weeks past the date without anything happening at all and when I complained they said the exact same thing I was sent when I ordered it. Companies and developers etc are being to lazy with their customer support

5. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Just to point out, guys. They have quite a small development team, considering how awesome and , let's be honest, how huge this game really is. And all the Devs (I could be wrong) ate in Finland, so you may have just messaged at a bad time, ie 11pm their time.
    Also take into account the global release and that fact that that means the MASSIVE influx of emails, messages and issues that they are working hard on. Be patient. Also,. If the question you have asked is answered in these forums, they may have overlooked your questions as not top priority. Don't be too upset. Try reading through the forums to see if you can get your answers there. It's really quite helpful and informative, and the chance is, someone has already asked your questions and had them answered..
    Keep battling and good sailing

TheRedSpeeder and Limitbreakaaa like this.
  6. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

Wow, the helpful fixer ;), and guys, squiddle is right. Well, I certainly hope he's right:)

7. Mr squiqqle

Lol. I try to be helpful. I understand that there are many new people here, and I am only fairly new myself. The game can be confusing, but if we all help each other out, ultimately, the game play will improve because players won't be floundering with no idea what they are doing :) and I'm a fixer... Helping is my job ;)

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  8. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

Thanks for trying to be helpful squiggle but my issue is one that can ONLY be resolved by them retrieving my data through their internal servers. There is no client side fix. Also I know how to research similar issues... I can do absolutely nothing and can not play this game until they resolve their account sync issues with Google play.

9. Mr squiqqle

I'm sorry to hear that it's not an easy fix. I'm glad you are one (of what's seems to be, few) who actually has figured out how to research answers before asking a question that has been asked 100 times. In response to your issue needing further, more expertise investigation, like I said. They are a small team, working on keeping the game afloat under the Maelstrom of new players' issues. And them all being in Finland, on possibly a different time band to you. I suggest, (not quite spamming) repeated messages to try and catch their attention. They are half decent people, even if I have had the occasional clash with them myself. I can try to help by tagging @Zeus and @Miika here to try and bring attention to your plight. Hope this gets sorted for you quickly.

10. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

I truly hope so too... but it's looking less and less likely each hour that ticks by. I've now waited a full 24 hours since my account data was lost and ticket was submitted. All I've received was one support rep asking me security questions. I've even given them the exact account ID number and still no update.
    I have offered to show transaction receipts and even included a screenshot of me in game roughly an hour before losing the data.

I'm also not even asking for this to be resolved instantly... I just want some confirmation that I'm not wasting my time and that this account will be retrieved, especially when I've invested not only my time but actual money into this game.

I've never had Google play sync issues in any other game that I've ever played. What's makes this game so special? The only place I even discovered there was Google play sync issues was their support website... and how often are people going to read a support website when they don't have any prior reasons or issues to visit that website?

Still waiting for some attention.

Ticket #1524591

George likes this.
  11. Mr squiqqle

@Salvatore , I'm not sure what country you are from, but I'm in Australia, and the Devs are usually coming back online between now and say 6 or 7pm (it's 4 pm now, so 2 -3 hours from now). So I would say check the main page of the forum for when a Dev is actually online and (politely as you are able, considering how frustrated you must be) message them/start a conversation with them and see if you get an answer that way. Again, I sincerely hope that this gets sorted

Salvatore and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  12. cwazy1

cwazy1 New Member

Rovio does have a fair amount of games to deal with. hopefully you're problem is solved soon enough.

13. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hi Salvatore!

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your issue solved as fast as you would've liked to. Our support team is very busy but are doing their very best to get back to everyone as fast as possible.

It seems that your first message came in yesterday 8:43 Finnish time and was responded to 13:21 and again 17:35. Your old progress has now been restored and everything should be in order. We'd of course love it if we could get back to everyone even faster, but with the amount of e-mails our Support Team gets together with time differences that's unfortunately not always possible.

We hope that your account is now back to normal and you'll have a great time playing Battle Bay!

Happy Battles!
    -Bennunator

14. George

George New Member

Hi there have also been through a similar situation. Both fb and google play were synced but recently signing in from a new phone all data has been lost. Emailing devs now to see if i can get anything...good luck.

15. Salvatore

Salvatore New Member

Thank you for getting the issue resolved.

The first response from the support team must have read my inquiry wrong or something because she only acknowledged my reason for me clearing the cache (global chat, guild issues) and did not mention a thing about lost data or recovery. So I don't necessarily see that as any real customer support.

The first real response was a significant time later with the ending result of account recovery being even later. Time from submission of ticket to recovery was around a full day.

I understand you have reasons for slow response time and that you are understaffed... which most of my angst is not aimed directly at you or your fellow reps but at the individuals who manage this. They either need to hire more support or prevent further issues from arising.

Again, thanks for fixing the issue.

16. Mattia

Mattia New Member

hi guys, how can i contact the administrators? is there an email, or something like that ?

17. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hey Mattia,
    You can reach our support team at: rov.io/support

-Bennunator