1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Why is the sniper cannon balanced?!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kurdish bndo, 1 Apr 2018.

?

Should sniper cannon be nerfed ?

1. No

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No, and stop making threads about it

59 vote(s)
    58.4%
  3. Yes

24 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Yes, but just reduce its range

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. No, because I use it and other players don't want it to be nerfed, but it is OP

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. I'm a troll and just wanna have fun, you guys go on

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

Ok now this thread isn't gonna be about sniper needed nerf, actually it is but differently.

I just want answers.
    Why it is balanced?,if 99% of matches at least someone is killed by it ,or it is used more than any other red items (ex cannon was nerfed bcuz of the same reason,right!),...etc.

Let's compare both
    Sniper cannon has more range ,it is faster ,and less luckily to be nerfed,.... Comparing to ex cannon (all the make sense that sniper cannon is low damage 1 slot item ,and ex cannon is high damage 2 slot item)
    But then there is critical hits(that it has no reason to be 90% especially made for sniper ) (i don't know but i think i have seen till) 50% crit chance , that during matches become away more than 50% ,so that actually ma!e the critical hits more common to be seen than the base damage , and it's crit damage is away higher than ex cannon (just for information it is 2 slot ,very slow and high coldown )that make it's splash damage not that usefull .

Now does this even looks realistic?

Last ,100% not the least
    (Critical ) , now why sniper? cannon it deal less damage but with more speed and range ,it shouldn't be (made for sniper) bcuz all items sucrfy an ability to make it better in another ability (that what make all 4 cannons difference ),, (when i said (less damage more range ...) i meant without critical damage bcuz that what it should be).
    Any exscus is allowed and will discussed . :)

Last edited: 1 Apr 2018
    EyesTv and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  2. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Someone took a consensus not too long ago of some of the top 200 players and found that sniper wasn’t the most used weapon. So...

Edit 1: Also keep in mind Sniper does not have a Crit chance of 50%. It’s Crit is 45% (37% currently for myself). I myself run Sniper in my setup and I do not get a Crit off every other shot. And when I do not Crit “which is most of the shots” it’s only 533 Damage. People have to seriously stop complaining about its Crit Damage. The only issue I see people actually having with the gun are lower level people with barely 2k Health getting Crit across map cause they played against someone who intentionally dropped Infamy to play against weaker opponents. The 1200 Damage my Sniper Crits for “when the opponent is on fire also” is only a fraction of the 7k health shooters I am up against. Not to mention the 10k-14k health Defenders I’m sometimes up against too. I see people with setups that carry Explosive Cannons way out DPS’ing me all the time by the end of a round. At a 3000-3500 Infamy Range I play at, the Sniper is a completely balanced gun. I deal more damage in a game from my Standard Cannon.

EyesTv likes this.
  3. kurdish bndo

I read something like that before ,but we can not just look at top 200,or even top1000 , im at top 4000 or maybe top 10000 ,this mean it doesn't have any connections between me and that top 1000 players i will never see them now.

EyesTv and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    The only reason sniper isn’t extremely overpowered atm is because of all the enforcer’s tesla shields, as well as the recent lack of speeders. But that’s at least for me, in the upper league. At lower levels where there is much less tesla shield usage, they are still very very effective is my guess.

EyesTv and Shadow Moon! like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Even with most of the damage buffs, sniper cannon has damage is still less than a blast cannon. So in th unfortunate event of you not getting S crit, you deal a mediocre amount of damage

EyesTv and Lil_Torta like this.
  6. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Because it's unreliable. If it doesn't crit, the damage is laughable.

7. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Have an enfo with 3700hp. They just f**k me with a crit of 1500-1300. But if fine, shouldn't be nerfed

EyesTv likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Blast is actually just as unreliable, as the slow projectile and short range means you’re much more likely to miss. If you think 400 damage is laughable, try zero.

Nikkie!, EyesTv, Ash KOT and 4 others like this.
  9. kurdish bndo

Yeah but it is does critical shot more than normal shots ,that is one of resins that it isn't realistic

10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lmao it's you again. I knew you'd comment here and push your narrative. I'm not going to argue with you though :D it's just funny that you are on every sniper thread.

11. kurdish bndo

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve gotta keep representing (someone’s got to be the voice of reason). If I’m not here to provide opposition, all these Sniper users are gonna start believing thier own lies.

“It’s really not that strong... (CRIT KILL!)”

“It hardly ever crits (CRIT KILL!) (CRIT KILL!)”

“It’s not even worth using... (uses two of them).”

:D

13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

What if it doesn't crit? How's the damage?:D (If I remember correctly, 45% is the max anyone can achieve.)

It's totally up to the user if they want a steady damage or take chances with critical hits.

Keep in mind though, in Nightmare League, barely anyone uses it other than Shooters. It's not even an issue.

EyesTv and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  14. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Maybe we should nerf sniper damage -80 % just to get rid of these daily sniper threads on this forum. No wait, then we would have daily threads asking to buff sniper again. :confused:

15. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

The best way to make sniper balanced in lower leagues is to spread the talent tree , so that one can unlock the crit damage for sniper at later stages.

The reason why I'M stating this is Because sniper is perfectly balaced in top leagues, because of the amount of hp shooters and defenders have, and also most of the Enforcers use double tesla shield, where even 2 sniper shots won't break the shield.

16. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

No, it does not. Not for anyone.

EyesTv and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  17. kurdish bndo

If it doesn't crit it is a balanced item because it deal low damage but fast and in a long distance

Now just tell me why it has a crit chance ?

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  18. kurdish bndo

Yeah 50% crit chance isn't enough to make it OP? It does
    There is no reason that it has crit chance ,so even 25% (without perks) make it OP

19. kurdish bndo

instead of that they put ex cannon talents at high level.

And also there is alot of mk6 at less than 2k infamy (so they had already passed captain lvl 40 ,and probably unlocked all bhurt's talents )

And what about speeder and fixers ( or a shooter like satanas without shield) speeder are fast but not faster than sniper projectile ,even if they were fast ,it is 5vs5 ,if they targeted you you can't avoid all shoots.

20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Because it will be terrible without the crit. It will just be a glorified Cannon which nobody uses.

Take away the crit and nobody will use it.

EyesTv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.