1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is blast canon so popular?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Shooter@Bay, 13 Jul 2017.

?

Which canons are you using?

1. Canon

2. Sniper Canon

3. Blast Canon

4. Explosive Canon

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

I think Canon is better than blast canon or even sniper canon as it has lowest cooldown time, so a person can keep on shooting the other person.
    Also DPS and projectile speed of canon is higher than blast canon.

Why do people still prefer blast canon?

Is there any blast radius for blast canon like the explosive canon?

Currently, I've level 20 rare canon and level 1 rare sniper canon (I don't use it).

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

No, it does not have a blast radius. It's popular for speeders and enforcers because they have high mobility; they can compensate for low projectile speed by coming up close. Besides that, it's good in conjunction with the flare gun: a 900 damage blast cannon can hit for 1.4k to a burning ship, with the right perks and crew talents.

What ship do you play? What's your infamy?

The canon has one of the highest dps in the game, but its range is too short for shooters. If you play shooter, I would highly advise adding a sniper to your setup.

~ HuNteR ~ likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Cannon is usually one of if not the best in early game, however later on it is usually more useful to have burst damage that can threaten a ships life, rather than chipping away. (Especially important vs fixers) Also, higher tier ships will have more items to the point where cooldown is less noticeable

4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    I'm a god with a blast cannon, if your in my range you're gonna get hit... muahahahahhahahahahajaj

5. Captain Everspark

Captain Everspark New Member

Once Defense starts climbing, the standard Cannon just gets outpaced. But a bigger hit, like with a Blast Cannon, that still smarts even if your Defense is high.

ThatOnion and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Shooter@Bay

I've MK3 shooter. Highest infamy touched: 800+. Average Infamy: 550-650.
    I've a separate rare canon also. So, I can evolve it to level 30. I think then it may still be equal to a level 20 blast canon.

I feel like low powered when using level 20 uncommon sniper canon.

I've the following weapons. What should be the best weapons and which one to scrap? Screenshot attached.

Shooter_bay.png

7. ThatOnion

Gamer
    Swap ur explosive cannon for a firebomb and scrap any dupes of lower tier items that you have in a higher one

8. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

I would say....Test every weapon yourself and find out, what u are most compatible and comfortable with....Asking others will end up with their own perspective and play style...Yeah, u can get information from others though.

9. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

I would advise one weapon to shoot over walls, to get at people hiding behind cover. Big torp is a good choice, work on saving up multiples of that to evolve. It will do massive damage one day. In my opinion, none of the two point "mortars" (Big Berta, Napalm, or Firebomb) are worth it in that there are better two point options, but for now firebomb as a replacement to explosive cannon is a good idea. But keep in mind that on the side you should be working towards a more ideal setup. Try to get a good enough sniper to replace your cannon, and fit it with crit chance perks.

10. Shooter@Bay

I got one rare big torpedo in a star crate. Now, I've level 20 rare torpedo.
    You said big berta, etc. are not the worth the two slot points. What should I use the weapons for MK3 (big torpedo, sniper canon and fire bomb?) and what should be for MK4?
    Thanks.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2017
  11. Captain miro

Captain miro New Member

blast cannon is a good weapon midlle range for hit speeders and close combat, rare level III will become awesome...
    [​IMG]

12. ThatOnion

Gamer
    You have some.... insteresting perk selection there

13. Shooter@Bay

@BITTERSTEEL I changed my build a little bit, and gained around 300 infamy points (replaced explosive canon and added level 10 rare fire bomb, as said by you).
    I've two separate rare fire bombs. Should I switch away from the fire bomb or keep levelling it till level 30 (after training crew members)
    How does defense points affect fire bomb?
    When should I add railgun: MK4, MK5, MK6?